PDA

View Full Version : Things that need improving and Things that are broken

ileftmyattackbootsinchina
20-05-2015, 12:15
Okay so i've been playing the game (PS4) for a few days now and i'd like to bring up a couple things that have been bothering me, also some things that could be improved

AI won't pit

The computer controlled cars never seem to pit for tires or fuel. Even when set to tire wear X7, when my tires are gone and my car is uncontrollable, they still carry on at the same speed.
When it starts raining halfway through a race, the ai will continue driving on slicks like nothing has changed, yet my car is undrivable and requires wet tires.
I don't understand why this is, whether it's a bug or just not properly programmed it's definitely annoying

Syncing weather won't work

If I set the race with 3 weather stages and assign it to "Sync to race", it doesn't work.
Other forums have said that you need to have the race time progression set to at least real time, but this doesn't work.

For example: radio message will say "we expect rain in the next 30 minutes" but it never shows up, even on time progression set to 40X and up.
Once I got a message saying "The rain is scheduled to get worse in the next 15 minutes" and it wasn't raining...

The weather just doesn't work

Flags are weird

The flags don't seem to really work that well, I only get yellows if there's a car parked in the middle of the track, which should really be a red flag.
Debris remains on the track with no warnings, multi car pile ups are ignored etc.

Things that could make the game more fun

- Safety car
- Custom single play and multiplayer championships
- Fully animated pit crew
- Mandatory pit stops
- Easier way to select a livery

If all these things could be implemented along with the previous issues fixed, this game would be a solid 9/10 - 10/10 for me

Siberian Tiger
20-05-2015, 12:27
1. AI won't pit

2. Syncing weather won't work

3. Flags are weird

4. Things that could make the game more fun

- Safety car
- Custom single play and multiplayer championships
- Fully animated pit crew
- Mandatory pit stops
- Easier way to select a livery

If all these things could be implemented along with the previous issues fixed, this game would be a solid 9/10 - 10/10 for me

Just some Infos and Questions:

1. The AI does Piting, for Fuel and also for Tire Wear - Do you have an exact Repro (Track/Car Combination with xx Laps) on which it does not work?
It's a know Issue that AI in short Races do start on WET Tires if it will Rain in the next few laps - (They are sometimes to Smart^^)

2. For me syncing Weather does work. But the Pit Engineer is wrong with his Timing (Rain in 30 Min etc.) in Accelerated Sessions, and Sync to Race.
It just works correct with Real Time.

3. Agreed the Flags could be worked further, and i think SMS will continue the work on the Flags and Improve some things...

4. Fully Animated Pit Crew will follow. (Wasn't Ready for Release) / Mandatory Pit Stops in QRW will also come later...
The other things would be nice, but we don't have Infos on this yet.

AngelBrow
20-05-2015, 12:37
Fill field with AI opponents online
Tried this several times.

Why do AI start on wets 2 laps before rain hits. Abd why can they match my pace on slicks in dry conditions with them? Why dont there tyres get destroyed?

Full damage needs to be looked into
Had a online race were the guy behind me ran flatout straight over the second chicane on Monza. Even tho he got time pen. He gained on me who took the legit way. My main question is. Why didnt he brake his supsension/ tyres running 250km/h over sleepers on the outside of the track during Full damage? That should be a something so people dont cute chicanes. Even massive sausage kerbs should be able to break suspension.

Will more AI be able to be added later on Ps4? 30 is max atm. I did my first qualifing for Le mans 24h(which is in December the 15th according the career mode) and i wanted to run in the gt class. But there is only 4 other GT3 cars? Theres like 22LMP cars. Little bit more even spread. IRL i think there is more gt cars than LMP cars? Or atleast 50/50.

PeteUplink
20-05-2015, 12:38
I'm with Siberian Tiger on this one. The AI does pit for tyres and fuel, I run a lot of LMP1 Endurance races and I see the AI pit for fuel and I've seen them pitting for tyres in changing conditions.

Syncing weather also works. Just before coming on this forum I ran a wet to dry race in the touring cars at Donnington. The weather I selected was rain, light rain, overcast, synced to the race length, and it worked fine.

ileftmyattackbootsinchina
20-05-2015, 12:48
as for the pit stops I guess it's something i'm doing wrong when setting up the races. Maybe my races are too short, I tend to go for 10-20 lap races with 15 minutes of qualifying and X7 tire wear.

The weather may also be something i'm doing wrong in set up. I can't find any other forums about it so It stands to reason that it's an issue exclusive to me

I also have one other issue to add

The difficulty level only goes up in groups of ten (70 - 80 - 90 etc.) I can't select something like 85 or 92