PDA

View Full Version : Track generator

gp20
20-05-2015, 12:22
It will be great to have a track generator. I would pay for it.

We could add real tracks (like the french Paul Ricard circuit for example) or create fantasy ones.

They could release and sell a track generator and a DLC for using tracks build with the track generator.

In this case they will not lost money.

gp20
20-05-2015, 12:25
By the way there will be probably no license issue if tracks are released and shared free by people.

Siberian Tiger
20-05-2015, 12:30
It's not as easy as it sounds...

Gran Turismo had some sort of Track Generator (Random) but it was without much details on Track. (Lifeless)
I don't think many Players had used it frequently...

To achieve that high Standart on Track Details that SMS has Set, there is much work from different Modellers over some Months needed.

gp20
20-05-2015, 12:38
There is a game (i can't remember the name) where you can design a landscape.
You can level the ground with your mouse and adding graphic elements like tree and house should be not difficult.

The major issue is that it could interact with their income. But selling the track generator and a DLC for using the free tracks will solve this issue.

Francorchamps
20-05-2015, 19:17
Do you mean mod nation racer? I hope not because those landscape were Super Marioesque

Roger Prynne
20-05-2015, 19:51
There is a game (i can't remember the name) where you can design a landscape.
You can level the ground with your mouse and adding graphic elements like tree and house should be not difficult.

The major issue is that it could interact with their income. But selling the track generator and a DLC for using the free tracks will solve this issue.

You have no idea mate.... very difficult.

madmax2069
21-05-2015, 10:56
It's not as easy as it sounds...

Gran Turismo had some sort of Track Generator (Random) but it was without much details on Track. (Lifeless)
I don't think many Players had used it frequently...

To achieve that high Standart on Track Details that SMS has Set, there is much work from different Modellers over some Months needed.

Me and every one of my friends on PSN that played GT5 constantly used the track editor. Between all of us we made around several hundred tracks.

They had a few things in common, the editor was very limited, and limiting, tracks was lifeless, and buggy (had a few tracks that would crash everyone instantly if you headed out onto the track before the race started.