PDA

View Full Version : I wish good luck to the team

gp20
20-05-2015, 12:31
I had strong words after my first contact with the game.
There is a major issue with controllers. If the settings are not right you have a pretty bad experience.

I still don't understand why this configuration layer exists. DriveClub has no configuration layer, you just plug your controller and that's all.

Anyway, with a good setup the game is the first one to offer an experience close to the reality. And it's a pleasure despite the bugs.

danowat
20-05-2015, 12:32
I still don't understand why this configuration layer exists. DriveClub has no configuration layer, you just plug your controller and that's all.

Driveclub is a very different game.

gp20
20-05-2015, 12:35
IMo it has nothing to do with the game.

danowat
20-05-2015, 12:38
Of course it does, Driveclub is pure arcade, it has nowhere near the level of fidelity of physics, it also has heavy driver assistance that can't be turned off, and dampened steering.

PCars has none of this (although I think that some kind of dampened steering for pad players would have been wise), they are completely different animals.

gp20
20-05-2015, 13:56
It does not explain this configuration layer.
If two people use two different configurations they will have 2 different experience of the game. We talked about simulation or not?

A controler is a controler. It's just digital or analog encoders.
All changes should be done into the game according to the situation and not by people.
My 2cts.