PDA

View Full Version : I found an online retailer with the T100 if anyone is looking.

gbm
20-05-2015, 12:52
http://www.pricefalls.com/product/THRUSTMASTER-4069006-PlayStation%28R%293-PC-T100-FFB-Racing-Wheel/35659386

$132.62

Go me. :D

ctzn
20-05-2015, 13:05
Good find. I love my T100 as an entry level wheel -- does everything I need it to do and more.

Khyber GT
20-05-2015, 13:54
cmon spend a little more and get a wheel with actual ffb

ctzn
20-05-2015, 14:03
I have no complaints with the FFB from the T100... and I've played on a T300 too.

Daffers
20-05-2015, 14:13

It has pretty decent ffb if you ask me, only comparing it too the g27.
But for this price the t100 is actually a pretty good buy!

Mr.Smoke
20-05-2015, 14:14

Please define "actual FFB" for me. The T100 certainly has FFB & it works rather well IMHO. Maybe not quite to the level of the T300 or T500, but not everyone can justify spending as much as the PS4 itself on a wheel.

gbm
20-05-2015, 14:19

I was under the impression that the T100 had FFB.

...in fact, haven't I read a ton of threads about "other" FFB wheels NOT even working?

Mr.Smoke
20-05-2015, 14:37
I was under the impression that the T100 had FFB.

...in fact, haven't I read a ton of threads about "other" FFB wheels NOT even working?

The T100 does have FFB. Not sure why he is knocking the wheel. Likely hasnt even used one. You wont be disappointed with the T100 i can assure you.

gbm
20-05-2015, 14:41
The T100 does have FFB. Not sure why he is knocking the wheel. Likely hasnt even used one. You wont be disappointed with the T100 i can assure you.

Thanks Mr. S.

...am I having a fit of anxiety over here however reading up on all these FFB setting threads. :/

I JUST got my T80 calibrated perfectly, and now I have to go in and deal with doing all that again, and from the looks of that FFB Spreadsheet that is stickied, I don't think I'll understand 1% of what I'm doing. lol

ctzn
20-05-2015, 15:26
You will enjoy the FFB that the T100 provides, especially for the cost. I myself could not justify spending ~$300+ on a wheel just yet, since I have other priorities at the moment. But for the price of the T100, it's a steal.

Mr.Smoke
20-05-2015, 15:43
Thanks Mr. S.

...am I having a fit of anxiety over here however reading up on all these FFB setting threads. :/

I JUST got my T80 calibrated perfectly, and now I have to go in and deal with doing all that again, and from the looks of that FFB Spreadsheet that is stickied, I don't think I'll understand 1% of what I'm doing. lol

Ya i dont quite understand all those settings either as ive previously never owned a FFB wheel. I just copied the global settings for the wheel itself. I havent bothered going in & tweaking FFB settings on each car. I do need to slightly adjust some global wheel settings yet like deadzone & sensitivity though.

gbm
20-05-2015, 15:55
Ya i dont quite understand all those settings either as ive previously never owned a FFB wheel. I just copied the global settings for the wheel itself. I havent bothered going in & tweaking FFB settings on each car. I do need to slightly adjust some global wheel settings yet like deadzone & sensitivity though.

Let me ask...what exactly are the individual car set ups for? Is it for specific tuning of the FFB for JUST those cars?

If so, then why are only "some" of the cars listed, and not all?

amazed
20-05-2015, 17:15
Or, for those in UK:

http://www.very.co.uk/thrustmaster-t100-force-feedback-racing-wheel-for-pcps3/1458244225.prd?_requestid=130413

Forcedchaos
20-05-2015, 17:22
People can have their $400 wheels. I have the T100 and the force feedback on it is insane. I only run 40% force and I'm afraid my PC desk is going to crack. IT'S A GREAT WHEEL! I drove a Mustang GT for 15 years in real life if you need some credibility, raced it quite a bit too.

Miths
20-05-2015, 17:35
Anyone have issues with the T100 making a pretty loud clicking sound when you turn it past 20-30 degrees in either direction while the forces are reasonably strong (happens even at low FFB strength to me, just not as often as with higher settings)?
It's not related to FFB clipping (I've checked the telemetry screen) as someone suggested to me as a possible cause on another forum.

It's easily noticeable enough to be pretty annoying to me, and living as an expat in a country where I don't yet speak the language and don't have a car, I'd prefer not to try taking the wheel back to the shop unless it's easily proven broken.
Other than that it's an okay wheel - I'd say marginally worse than the original blue Logitech Driving Force I had as my first wheel what must be 12+ years ago now. And if I hadn't also owned a couple of much more expensive wheels in the past (Logitech G25 the most recent) I would probably even feel it was great.

It's a shame there are no alternative within the very substantial price gap between the T100 and the T300. At the moment I'm not willing to spend four times as much on a wheel.

Mr.Smoke
20-05-2015, 17:35
Let me ask...what exactly are the individual car set ups for? Is it for specific tuning of the FFB for JUST those cars?

If so, then why are only "some" of the cars listed, and not all?

I believe those are fine tuning FFB adjustments for individual cars. Not sure why some are missing. I havent really looked in that part of the spreadsheet.

Forcedchaos
20-05-2015, 17:55
Anyone have issues with the T100 making a pretty loud clicking sound when you turn it past 20-30 degrees in either direction while the forces are reasonably strong (happens even at low FFB strength to me, just not as often as with higher settings)?
It's not related to FFB clipping (I've checked the telemetry screen) as someone suggested to me as a possible cause on another forum.

It's easily noticeable enough to be pretty annoying to me, and living as an expat in a country where I don't yet speak the language and don't have a car, I'd prefer not to try taking the wheel back to the shop unless it's easily proven broken.
Other than that it's an okay wheel - I'd say marginally worse than the original blue Logitech Driving Force I had as my first wheel what must be 12+ years ago now. And if I hadn't also owned a couple of much more expensive wheels in the past (Logitech G25 the most recent) I would probably even feel it was great.

It's a shame there are no alternative within the very substantial price gap between the T100 and the T300. At the moment I'm not willing to spend four times as much on a wheel.

I don't have that problem with mine. Wish I could be more helpful.

gbm
20-05-2015, 18:16
I believe those are fine tuning FFB adjustments for individual cars. Not sure why some are missing. I havent really looked in that part of the spreadsheet.

Wow, you've been a big help with lots of stuff Smokie....I appreciate it.

Do you think you can set the universal/general settings and still make do without the individual car settings? I'd imagine you could, but perhaps it might not mirror the EXACT physics of the car.

My best guess without yet trying it.

Mr.Smoke
20-05-2015, 18:51
Wow, you've been a big help with lots of stuff Smokie....I appreciate it.

Do you think you can set the universal/general settings and still make do without the individual car settings? I'd imagine you could, but perhaps it might not mirror the EXACT physics of the car.

My best guess without yet trying it.

Happy to help. I could be wrong on that stuff, but i believe thats what the second part of the spreadsheet is.

Ive adjusted my global settings as per the spreadsheet without messing with the individual car FFB settings & ive been doing well withit like that.