PDA

View Full Version : Rumble Triggers/Sound cut out - Will the patch resolve? Yes or No?

Munky AIDS
20-05-2015, 12:57
Hi Guys,

Firstly, congratulations on Project Cars, the only racing game that I think catches the true essence of Motor Sport and the work that goes behind the scenes to create a successful race season.

Now, to the business at hand. Could someone please provide a straight yes or no answer on whether the proposed patch will resolve the only two issues that I believe exist.

1. No feedback through rumble triggers on Xbox One controller.
2. Sound cutting out through turtle beaches/headsets when braking/riding curbs and grass-tracking.

In the lead-up to the game being released in the FAQ section of SMS/Project cars website it stated that Project Cars would utilise the fantastic rumble triggers that you get with the XB1. This seems to have now been removed from the webpage and obviously now I'm playing the game I unfortunately get no rumble through the triggers when breaking traction (either under heavy braking/locking up in the left trigger or during acceleration if the wheels lose traction from applying too much throttle etc. in the right trigger).

To date I believe Project Cars blows Forza out of the water in pretty much every aspect other than this rumble trigger issue for which Forza have got right. For a driver who uses no assists it is essential to have this so I can "feel" how the car is behaving under heavy braking or attempting to get the power down leaving a slow corner. In real life if you brake extremely hard you will feel this through the brake pedal even if just a small vibration or shudder. Therefore for a sim to be as close to life as possible you need to feel the same through the brake pedal (or trigger in the case of a controller). Acceleration is harder as you would feel the loss of traction in other ways such as steering etc. however as the sticks on the controllers have no form of force feedback the best (and probably only viable option) would be to have some sort of feedback through the accelerator pedal when losing traction through acceleration (or trigger in the case of the controller).

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Munky

AlexanderHC
20-05-2015, 14:12
In short, we are all waiting for Microsoft to accept and publish the patch for the controller issues. Sit back and wait.

evojoeix
20-05-2015, 15:41
I hope the patch fixes the sound issues. I cant stand the distorted sound episodes and when it cuts out

Munky AIDS
20-05-2015, 15:57
In short, we are all waiting for Microsoft to accept and publish the patch for the controller issues. Sit back and wait.

I am aware of that, however would be nice to know that this is definitely included in the list of items to fix in the patch. I've seen the list published but to the untrained eye its not 100% clear exactly what is being fixed.

For example, published list says

FIXED ISSUES FOR PATCH

- Issue where cars would garage into closed garages in Zolder
- Console TT is now set to 11am to match PC
- Re-enabled saving of Community ghosts
- Added ABS brake rumble to XB1 triggers
- Changed XB1 pad rumble to only update during the per frame tick and not at 600hz
- Use absolute acceleration values for blending and updating steering movement to prevent negative direction
- XB1 trigger rumble scaled along with FFB rumble. XB1 analogue stick range corrected to use full extent
- The driver can no longer be switched in MP races and time trials
- Fix for NULL pointer protection when accessing ProximityDetector GUI

Added ABS brake rumble to XB1 triggers

So for the line "Added ABS brake rumble to XB1 triggers", does this mean that trigger will rumble when braking if you have ABS on?? So what about us who don't use ABS, will we feel rumble to give us indication that the tyres are losing grip under heavy braking?

Can someone please tell me where it mentions anything about sound cutting out fix in that published list?

I don't think its too much to ask for clarification on these considering the whole purpose of delaying the game by so many months etc. was to give us a complete, bug free game. How hard is it for a Project Cars Staff member to come in and give a simple yes or no answer to two simple questions??

I love the game, these are my only two issues and in all fairness the main issues suffered by a lot of people. A simple yes or no answer would probably make a lot of people happy as the descriptions above can be interpreted in different ways.

z3r0cool77
20-05-2015, 16:33
I've been wondering the same thing. When it was mentioned long ago that Pcars would utilize the rumble triggers I assumed it would be similar to other racing games where you get feed back for lockup through the brake trigger and feedback for wheel spin through the throttle trigger. I've gotten so used to this that I'm sticking to ABS and TCS for the time being. It's just really difficult to detect such things without it, especially when tire noises are as subdued as they are in Pcars (not a complaint.)
The patch notes either seem to imply that these trigger features are there and aren't working, possibly fixed by
"- Changed XB1 pad rumble to only update during the per frame tick and not at 600hz"
or "- XB1 trigger rumble scaled along with FFB rumble."
or that trigger feedback simply isn't there at all and they are adding "- Added ABS brake rumble to XB1 triggers" and nothing more. A little more clarification from SMS on exactly what the triggers are "supposed" to be doing would be really nice. hint hint.

evojoeix
20-05-2015, 17:38
I hope the patch fixes the sound issues. I cant stand the distorted sound episodes and when it cuts out

z3r0cool77
21-05-2015, 15:34
Bumping for feedback regarding the funtionality of feedback. :)

AdM1
22-05-2015, 17:06
I also want it cleared up as to whether we are going to get trigger rumble for both braking and accelerator trigger. I see the braking one looks like its going to be fixed hopefully with abs off also but what about the accelerator trigger? I'm playing with all assists off and I often end up sliding in the wet because I have no idea where the edge of grip is. It's getting tiring waiting for this fix and now I'm not even sure its fixed both triggers rumble. :confused:

griffidh
22-05-2015, 17:09
Tbh trigger rumble is the least of my concerns it's impossible to keep the cars in a straight line

Mr Akina
22-05-2015, 17:31
Tbh trigger rumble is the least of my concerns it's impossible to keep the cars in a straight line

Try this..

Steering Deadzone: 70 (69)
Steering Sensitivity: 0
Throttle Deadzone: 0
Throttle Sensitivity: 50
Brake Deadzone: 0
Brake Sensitivity: 50
Clutch Deadzone: 0
Clutch Sensitivity: 45
------------------------
Steering Sensitivity: 60 <--- The most important thing to tweak in any twitchy setup
Controller Filter Sensitivity: 45
------------------------
Force Feedback: 100
RPM/Gear Display: N/A
------------------------
Controller Input Mode: 3 <---- Also important

Advanced
Steering Damper: On
Visual Wheel Filtering: On
Opposite Lock: Off

z3r0cool77
22-05-2015, 18:05

Quite simply inaccurate statement. With proper controller settings and car setup I've yet to find anything that difficult to drive. Except maybe carts but thats more because I'm just too old and slow.

griffidh
22-05-2015, 23:13
Try this..

------------------------
Steering Sensitivity: 60 <--- The most important thing to tweak in any twitchy setup
------------------------
------------------------

Advanced

Thanks I will try this my only concern is the steering deadzone I was having issues with the steering locking and the developers on here said to prevent that it needed to be set to 0

z3r0cool77
23-05-2015, 00:47
That steering deadzone is very high. I wouldnt use that personally.

AdM1
23-05-2015, 18:35

I have the steering set okay now, yeah it'll improve when they release patch but it's drivable. Unlike trying to judge what traction I have in the wet because of no trigger feedback.

griffidh
26-05-2015, 15:09
Try this..

------------------------
------------------------
------------------------

Advanced

OK have tested it seems to work now yay I can finally play the game only thing I did different was the steering deadzone set it to 15 but all seems good thanks for your help