PDA

View Full Version : Career confusion

DTIBebop
20-05-2015, 13:22
Firstly, I'm loving the game. before all the haters start.

I'm just ocnfused about where i am up to with my "Career" I have completed the 125cc Karts, I've then done some races in a focus RS and a Megane, now I've accepted a contract for a 250cc Karting thing.

I've done races in a BMW and a Porsche track day round brands hatch.

I am attempting to do the Zero to hero achievement and I'm worried I'm wasting time or missing races or summit. all im doing is the next race I can in the hope that i just go to what i need to.

is this right?

danowat
20-05-2015, 13:28
You don't need to do the invitationals to progress your career, only your primary contracted championship.

DTIBebop
20-05-2015, 13:32
theres no way to tell the difference between career and invitational races is there? i dont want to miss a race that would put me into the next phase of races to progress towards LMP1

danowat
20-05-2015, 13:35
Invitational events will be on the dates specified by the emails, so you can safely avoid them because you know which date they will be on, anything else is primary career.

KK78
20-05-2015, 13:43
Yeah basically if you are doing a season of GT3 racing then just skip any event in your calender which is not a GT3 event- you'll miss some fun events though.

I'm screwed for that Trophy anyway because I started in the Clio Touring Cup so unless I can go back to karts at a later stage I'll have to start again?!

Mad Al
20-05-2015, 13:53
Yeah basically if you are doing a season of GT3 racing then just skip any event in your calender which is not a GT3 event- you'll miss some fun events though.

I'm screwed for that Trophy anyway because I started in the Clio Touring Cup so unless I can go back to karts at a later stage I'll have to start again?!

You have to start at karts for Z2H, so I'd think that even if you got an offer for the karts, it wouldn't count...

You can have multiple careers going at the same time, so you could just start a second one from the karts and come back to your Clio later (or flit between them.. or whatever you like!)

danowat
20-05-2015, 13:53

You can start a new career, you can have as much careers as you want.

KK78
20-05-2015, 13:57
You have to start at karts for Z2H, so I'd think that even if you got an offer for the karts, it wouldn't count...

You can have multiple careers going at the same time, so you could just start a second one from the karts and come back to your Clio later (or flit between them.. or whatever you like!)

Thanks for that, I'm in no rush to get those trophies, I have most of the harder ones in the game so I'll mop them up later. I'm enjoying my career so far, I've gone Clios>GT4 Ginetta>GT4 Aston Martin>GT3 RUF and now Formula B so I'll stick with that and get the consecutive championships stuff then start a new career later.

Bealdor
20-05-2015, 13:58
You can start a new career, you can have as much careers as you want.

Nope, 10 is the limit afaik (which should be sufficiant).

danowat
20-05-2015, 14:01
Nope, 10 is the limit afaik (which should be sufficiant).

Thanks for the clarification.