PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Mercedes DTM

wearymick
20-05-2015, 13:30
Anyone have a decent set-up for this they'd care to share? Having trouble getting some turn into it without encouraging snap oversteer.

JeyD02
20-05-2015, 13:55
Anyone have a decent set-up for this they'd care to share? Having trouble getting some turn into it without encouraging snap oversteer.

Decrease accel lock
Stiffen front suspension - soften rear suspension
Stiffen front slow bump/rebound - harden rear slow bump/rebound
Make just the rear anti roll bar (sway bar) it's not all the way to the right.

*if oversteer in fast corners, increase rear dwonforce do them all at once per tick and test and then if still then keep going.

After its resolved, increase accel lock until it doesn't make you understeer a lot.

wearymick
21-05-2015, 02:28
Thanks, but I know this stuff already. I'm just trying to squeeze some extra speed out of it without compromising turn-in or exit. Was hoping someone else had done the hard yards already on balancing the car and would be willing to share.

JeyD02
21-05-2015, 03:28
Thanks, but I know this stuff already. I'm just trying to squeeze some extra speed out of it without compromising turn-in or exit. Was hoping someone else had done the hard yards already on balancing the car and would be willing to share.

Well but, you forgot to mention a important element like which track do you want the setup.

wearymick
21-05-2015, 04:00
I'm looking for a base setup that is optimised for the car. The default is a little too stiff and clearly has speed left in it. IMO the best way to get a feel for tuning in a new game is to look at what others have been doing and learn from it. Going the full DIY route can be very time consuming and unproductive. If I had to pick a track then I guess Catalunya GP, but this shouldn't matter for a base configuration. If nobody has any set-ups to share then I guess I will just stick with the messing around I've been doing so far.

TheLethalDose
21-05-2015, 04:16
I only have basic tuning knowledge but Im no.1 at bathurst with the dtm.

I dont change much apart from 0% ducts and radiator.
Increase accel and decel diff 10% each.

Front downforce 3
rear downforce 8-9

adjust final drive to just redline in the highest gear on the longest straight.

minimum fuel etc

wearymick
21-05-2015, 04:38
I only have basic tuning knowledge but Im no.1 at bathurst with the dtm.

I dont change much apart from 0% ducts and radiator.
Increase accel and decel diff 10% each.

Front downforce 3
rear downforce 8-9

adjust final drive to just redline in the highest gear on the longest straight.

minimum fuel etc

Thanks man. That may actually be all I needed to get it working. I'd lowered the rear aero a click for balance but dropping it further and tightening the diff may be the answer to getting the turns working better. Loosening the diff was leaving me hanging on exit. The thing reminds me of a slot car. :0

thevilleky
21-05-2015, 14:10
I'll try and throw my tune up later today. Got some top 50 times at Sakito (sp) and a top 15 time at road america with it. I use a wheel so may not be a good setup for a controller. I thought the base tune was way to tight and rigid. Softened everything up, adjusted downforce, changed some rebound values, changed the diff's. Nothing to drastic, but it has a lot better turn in without snap oversteer with trail braking.

wearymick
22-05-2015, 03:08
Yeah, the default set-up is very stiff, quite easy to unsettle at the back, and doesn't like to rotate much. Lightening the rear aero helps a little with the built in understeer, but raising the diff inhibits it further from actually getting it's nose in. That would be ok for a flowing track, but any slow turns or chicanes it can be really tough to get a good set. I use a wheel also, so I'd appreciate what you can offer. Happy to give feedback as well.

thevilleky
22-05-2015, 16:28
Yeah, the default set-up is very stiff, quite easy to unsettle at the back, and doesn't like to rotate much. Lightening the rear aero helps a little with the built in understeer, but raising the diff inhibits it further from actually getting it's nose in. That would be ok for a flowing track, but any slow turns or chicanes it can be really tough to get a good set. I use a wheel also, so I'd appreciate what you can offer. Happy to give feedback as well.

Been running it at Road America, I had traction control on, as it is my understanding this is allowed in real life GT3 cars, but I wanted to try and replicate my performance with no assists. Since I didn't write down my tune all I have manged to do so far is completely obliterate my original tune, and can only scrape within about a second of my tcs car, and the no assist tune is waaaay harder to drive. I may have to set it back to default and re-go at it. It would be nice if the game let you have tcs tunes and non tcs tunes. Maybe if you have the tcs on, but set the percent at 100%, so basically it would allow the exact same wheel spin as if you had the tcs turned off anyways. Anyways, don't want to post a tune and get in a flame war over assists or no assist tunes.