PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Cam Settings Definition

R2Dom2
20-05-2015, 13:45
Does anyone have any additional information on what the settings are for the helmet cam. I've looked but can not find a definition. It's an awesome view IMHO and I'd like to know what some of the settings do. My settings are in brackets, I have :

High Speed Shake (on) - self explanatory.
World movement 0-100 (70) - I assume the greater the number the more it shakes.
G-Force Effect 0-100 (100) - Not sure, could be the higher the value the more movements you get, or opposite?
Show Helmet (off) - I'm fine with this one!
Helmet Depth Of Field (no) - turns blur on
Helmet Look To Apex 0-100 (50) - so something to do with looking at the apex. Is this relative when the cam will look i.e. a distance parameter, or is it a maximum angle that the camera will turn to?
Helmet Leaning 0-100 (95) - ?
Camera Leaning 0-100 (95) - ?

Any further information would be great.

gbm
20-05-2015, 14:53
Helmet Lean is the rotation on the Z-axis as the driver turns. Try it now yourself...go ahead..no one is watching. See how your chin and forehead make a diagonal line? That's Helmet Lean.

G-Force is the movement of the camera in response to G-forces. So camera will move forward during braking and backwards during accelerating. Theoretically it should also move a little side-to-side during cornering but in project cars it's locked.

(from another board member's reply)

R2Dom2
20-05-2015, 15:28
Excellent - thanks. I've done some more searching and now have :
High Speed Shake (on) - self explanatory.
World movement 0-100 (70) - World movement 100 means the camera is tied to the chassis and the track "moves" when you go over bumps. World movement 0 means the camera is static in relation to the track/horizon and your cockpit will move.
G-Force Effect 0-100 (100) - the camera in response to G-forces. So camera will move forward during braking and backwards during accelerating. Theoretically it should also move a little side-to-side during cornering but in project cars it's locked.
Show Helmet (off) - I'm fine with this one!
Helmet Depth Of Field (no) - turns blur on
Helmet Look To Apex 0-100 (50) - you can use the Look to Apex Slider in the Campera Options Menu. The Higher = The more Look into the Apex.
Helmet Leaning 0-100 (95) - the rotation on the Z-axis as the driver turns. Try it now yourself...go ahead..no one is watching. See how your chin and forehead make a diagonal line? That's Helmet Lean. I guess the higher the number the closer your ear would be to your shoulder.
Camera Leaning 0-100 (95) - ?

Spirit X
20-05-2015, 17:27
Good info, thank you.

copes24
21-05-2015, 03:08
Helmet leaning only rotates the actual helmet image so if you don't have the helmet showing it does nothing. Camera leaning rotates the camera on the z axis when turning.

Jweaver
23-05-2015, 13:58
On this subject, anyone else find it odd then when you "look" in Helmet view, the helmet doesnt turn.. Surely it would?