PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible that...

ToOSk3tChY
20-05-2015, 14:21
...on PC you could achieve faster times in the same car and same track as XBOX One and if so, how could this be?

NemethR
20-05-2015, 14:29
...on PC you could achieve faster times in the same car and same track as XBOX One and if so, how could this be?

IF you are using a Wheel vs a Controller, that is pretty much the case.
You get much better feedback from a wheel, and can actually feel grip level, and what the car is doing, so you can drive with more confidence, and more precisely.

ToOSk3tChY
20-05-2015, 15:00
IF you are using a Wheel vs a Controller, that is pretty much the case.
You get much better feedback from a wheel, and can actually feel grip level, and what the car is doing, so you can drive with more confidence, and more precisely.

But that doesn't mean faster times are achievable due to the fact you're running the game on PC vs XBOX One. That just means you have better equipment and that theory would work on XBOX Controller vs XBOX Wheel. So...

Same equipment
Same Game
Same Track
Same Car
Same Setup

Is it possible that PC will run faster times than XBOX One?

Apoc112
20-05-2015, 15:04
If there are any cars on the track when playing on the xbox, your laps will be slower because of the physics/frame scaling bug:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25574-Um-is-this-a-HUGE-bug-or-intended-or-my-game-just-messed-up

NemethR
20-05-2015, 15:05
But that doesn't mean faster times are achievable due to the fact you're running the game on PC vs XBOX One. That just means you have better equipment and that theory would work on XBOX Controller vs XBOX Wheel. So...

Same equipment
Same Game
Same Track
Same Car
Same Setup

Correct.

ToOSk3tChY
20-05-2015, 16:12
What a piece of...

Well there goes my Multi-Platform HLC's

Roger Prynne
20-05-2015, 16:15

Same equipment
Same Game
Same Track
Same Car
Same Setup

No not necessarily... depends on driver experience.

Franco Ferrari
20-05-2015, 16:22

Same equipment
Same Game
Same Track
Same Car
Same Setup

Same driver too?

ToOSk3tChY
20-05-2015, 18:53
Yes and No

let me explain why I asked in the first place...

If you look in the hotlap contests section of this forum I am running the DTA - Oulton Park Int. HLC. The guy in 2nd(xb1) is very well respected as being an incredibly quick driver and thinks the number 1 time is unattainable on xbox one. His argument is that PC must be faster(which the Frame Rate issue supports albeit not fully since Time Trial is one car on the track) in some way.

I did a test with the Formula A car and went through 99% of the tracks comparing the xbox one number 1's against PC number 1's and xbox one has 51 better number 1's than the PC's 31 better than xbox one number 1's(this supports the fact that the games are both the same and any time is achievable on both platforms) however, the LB's have not matured yet and so its not excellent data but data non the less.

So I'm trying to maintain the integrity of my HLC and future Multi-Platform HLC's by making sure that PC users don't have an advantage over xbox one users for any other reason than one that is controlled by the driver i.e equipment, wheel, drving skill etc etc.

Running any game multi platform in competition is next level shiz and I really hope I dont have to stop doing the HLC's like this, its fun.

Thanks
S

madmax2069
20-05-2015, 18:55

Same equipment
Same Game
Same Track
Same Car
Same Setup

If you was to include same driver taking the same lines then yes both would pit up identical times.

ToOSk3tChY
20-05-2015, 22:51
So the frame rate issue doesn't effect time trial and/or there are no other technical reason that would allow a PC user to achieve a faster time?

Roger Prynne
20-05-2015, 22:54
Frame rate has nothing to do with lap times.

F2kSel
21-05-2015, 00:09
I still haven't had an explanation as to why I can load two ghosts one doing 1:16.0 and the other 1:16.5 and when watching them the 1:16.5 beats the 1:16 over the line by a good margin.

If there was a reply I can't remember where I posted the issue.

JimStick1
21-05-2015, 05:54
Frame rate has nothing to do with lap times.

But it does have to do with response times, which in turn can affect lap times.

DUST2DEATH
21-05-2015, 06:04
But it does have to do with response times, which in turn can affect lap times.

exactly.

The only other way I could think of it being that way would be if the tickrate bug reappeared with overclocked cpu's.

ToOSk3tChY
21-05-2015, 06:29
Thank you for everyone's input here, I wouldn't normally go on so much about it but it's different when you have your own community to answer for. Last thing then, What options/settings on xbox one could we use to improve frame rate, i.e. does turning off some if the visual effects work?

DUST2DEATH
21-05-2015, 20:47
Thank you for everyone's input here, I wouldn't normally go on so much about it but it's different when you have your own community to answer for. Last thing then, What options/settings on xbox one could we use to improve frame rate, i.e. does turning off some if the visual effects work?

The graphical options present on the consoles are asthetic only. They have no effect on framerate.

JDFSSS
21-05-2015, 20:59
- Console TT is now set to 11am to match PC

mentioned in this thread http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22817-Please-read-Xbox-One-Issues

I don't think this patch has went live yet, so it would mean PC and XB1 are not equal in TT.

vicdavery
22-05-2015, 15:28
I don't know if this is true for this specific case, but don't forget that WMD members have been driving this game for 3 years or more. Therefore a PC player might have an awful lot more experience in driving the game than the guy on XBONE.
I did read the thread on your site too, and frankly RR is just blustering. (As, I assume, you point out on a number of occasions). There is no evidence for this, just a couple of guys claiming because he has always been fast in the past, he must be the fastest now.
Well, welcome to the real world. No matter how good you are, you'll always find someone better than you.

Franco Ferrari
22-05-2015, 15:42
I still haven't had an explanation as to why I can load two ghosts one doing 1:16.0 and the other 1:16.5 and when watching them the 1:16.5 beats the 1:16 over the line by a good margin.
If there was a reply I can't remember where I posted the issue.

I didn't see the original request nor the discussion... but I'm now genuinely curious to know how could you tell which one of the two ghosts is the one from the 1:16.5 time and which is the other one.
Because, you know, just confusing one for the other would explain the whole thing.