PDA

View Full Version : [AZURE CIRCUIT] Where is Monaco?

DStunnedMonkey
20-05-2015, 16:41
i thought it was going to be in the game.

c172fccc
20-05-2015, 16:41
It is called Azure Circuit.

DStunnedMonkey
20-05-2015, 17:17
It is called Azure Circuit.

Why do they call it that and not Monaco or Monte Carlo?

Nick Claydon
20-05-2015, 17:19
Licencing reasons.

DStunnedMonkey
20-05-2015, 17:32
Licencing reasons.

Are their anymore famous tracks that are named different in Project Cars that i should know of?

Spirit X
20-05-2015, 17:38
Sukkito is very close to Suzuka. It's weird because Monaco is a street track, they can pretty much copy it without fear of anything legal but for Suzuka they have to be more careful as it's a privately owned track. That's why Sukkito isn't quite a replica of Suzuka. It's very good though.

Aldo Zampatti
20-05-2015, 18:24
Sukkito is very close to Suzuka. It's weird because Monaco is a street track, they can pretty much copy it without fear of anything legal but for Suzuka they have to be more careful as it's a privately owned track. That's why Sukkito isn't quite a replica of Suzuka. It's very good though.

Sakkito, is a "suzuka-inspired" circuit. NOT aimed to be a copy by any means. It's gorgeous though :)

The thing regarding licensing, is that you can pretty much copy a City in a game without paying a dime for licensing (or something like that) because the layout on a city is not a Registered Trade Mark.
But when you're talking about a privately owned circuit, then the layout becomes private property IP. You can not copy it or use it without permission.

DStunnedMonkey
20-05-2015, 18:31
Sakkito, is a "suzuka-inspired" circuit. NOT aimed to be a copy by any means. It's gorgeous though :)

The thing regarding licensing, is that you can pretty much copy a City in a game without paying a dime for licensing (or something like that) because the layout on a city is not a Registered Trade Mark.
But when you're talking about a privately owned circuit, then the layout becomes private property IP. You can not copy it or use it without permission.

So are you saying that not all tracks are real? How many tracks in project cars are not real? How did project cars put Watkins Glen in then without licensing?

Mahjik
20-05-2015, 18:47
So are you saying that not all tracks are real? How many tracks in project cars are not real? How did project cars put Watkins Glen in then without licensing?

Any track with a real life name which exist today, is a licensed track.

Aldo Zampatti
20-05-2015, 18:50
Any track with a real life name which exist today, is a licensed track.

Licensed and Real :)

I think the only fictional track are AZURE (coast/circuit...) Cali Highway, and Sakkito... Someone correct me If I'm wrong pls.

Eric Bergeret
20-05-2015, 18:53
Licensed and Real :)

I think the only fictional track are AZURE (coast/circuit...) Cali Highway, and Sakkito... Someone correct me If I'm wrong pls. azure circuit is not a fictional one , only the name is fictional.
----------------------------------------
everything else is real and laser scan for a few others.

RetroNooB
20-05-2015, 19:00
Monte Carlo is a principality, owned by the Prince of Monaco, therefore in order to use the name "Monaco" SMS would have to pay him a considerable amount of cash, and the Monaco Royal Family didnt become stinking rich by selling stuff on the cheap!

Spirit X
20-05-2015, 23:04
Is California Highway based on (or a copy of) somewhere famous then?

Ramjet
21-05-2015, 02:20
... a Highway ? ... in California ? maybe ! :D

Sorry couldn't resist :stung:

JessicaWalter
21-05-2015, 02:24
Gumball dlc? id pay a nice amount for some lengthy public road races.

apexatspeed
21-05-2015, 03:28

Sukkito is not "very close to Suzuka". Those elevation changes are ridiculous compared to the ones on the real Suzuka. Plus it isn't the full circuit.

PowderGuy
21-05-2015, 03:32
Sakkito for me is Suzuka bone with Sugo skin.

Pink_650S
21-05-2015, 03:44
Gumball dlc? id pay a nice amount for some lengthy public road races.

That would be great!
+ 5 or 6 additional Supercars (;

Pink_650S
21-05-2015, 03:47
Sukkito is not "very close to Suzuka". Those elevation changes are ridiculous compared to the ones on the real Suzuka. Plus it isn't the full circuit.

Its a lot better imho.
They replaced the annoying hairpin and chicane with challenging highspeed left-/righthanders.

Ramjet
21-05-2015, 08:53
Sakkito not real, but really good fun especially the shorter tracks, and quite challenging ! :)

Marrrfooo
21-05-2015, 09:08
Its a lot better imho.
They replaced the annoying hairpin and chicane with challenging highspeed left-/righthanders.

Yeah it's funny because I really loved that hairpin and the satisfaction in slowing down for it before pounding off down the s/f line (Suzuka is in my top 5 global tracks). But I actually properly like the Sakitto layout - it's a bit more flowing as a result of the loss of chicane. I quite liked the uphill hairpin bend too (it was a neat overtaking point) but again the left hand sweep round back towards Spoon Curve is a nice and better flowing layout too...

NemethR
21-05-2015, 09:16
If Azure Coast is not being called Monaco because of licencing reasons, why does Google not have to pay licencing fees for Monaco?

mister dog
21-05-2015, 09:29
You know when you are dreaming a night and you are at a familiar place, yet it looks totally different? That's a bit the impression i have driving on Sakkito. Does anyone know if SMS is still pursuing the Suzuka license after it fell through? (WMD members maybe).

If a deal would be brokered, and SMS acquires the license for Suzuka (knock wood), i wouldn't mind Sakkito being dumped and replaced with the real thing. It's just too odd and gimmicky IMO.

Gregz0r
21-05-2015, 11:01
In earlier builds, Suzuka was in the game(albeit still called Sakitto), Donington was called 'Derby(shire)' Circuit and Spa was called 'Belgian Forest'.
I guess licenses take time and money to acquire, if you're not a mega-huge software studio.

RetroNooB
21-05-2015, 17:40
Its a lot better imho.

Yeah that chicane eh, why not jus cut out (probably) the most iconic section of suzuka's F1 history, were senna /prost had a very controversial crash robbing senna of a possible 4th world championship, jeez talk about taking the jam (jelly, sorry americans) out of the donut!

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 18:11
If Azure Coast is not being called Monaco because of licencing reasons, why does Google not have to pay licencing fees for Monaco?

Because Google doesn't use it to sell their Maps service. It's an informational service not a commercial one.

RetroNooB
21-05-2015, 18:53

At least the corner cutters have a legtimate reason for cutting the casio chicane now!

GRD 4 3L
21-05-2015, 19:56
robbing senna of a possible 4th world championship

Let's not go there . . .

Azure Circuit is great but I was more impressed by Azure Coast; 11+ miles of tricky/tight street track!

JrJoonya
21-05-2015, 20:03
Spa is obviously a fictional track. No way a track that good would be in real life.

RetroNooB
21-05-2015, 20:08
Let's not go there . . .

Azure Circuit is great but I was more impressed by Azure Coast; 11+ miles of tricky/tight street track!

If you had read the post fully you would have noticed i was talking about casio chicane at suzuka, in response to an earlier post abt suzuka!

however i agree azure coast is an awesome stretch of road ;)