PDA

View Full Version : lack of wheel support + where the xbox one stands In the sim racing world.

turboxnetics
20-05-2015, 17:04
Well , I just want to state I am a racing enthusiast right back from gt1 and forza 1 . I never really used a wheel until I was offered a g27 with a stand for a couple hundred bucks ....
I was extremely dissapointed to find that the g27 and many other racing wheels are non compatible to microsoft ... soo I purchased and ps3 and gt6 so I could atleast get a feel of realism and accuracy of a wheel ... gt6 is a good game , I have freedom and thats what racing games should be about , being free to steer whatever way you have too ,,, I owned a xbox one prior to playing gt6 on ps3 but always hoped for a solution to as when I can use my g27 for xbox , finally I purchased a adapter called a maxrace f1 v4 and honestly it sucks people dont waste your money as it is not the same as playing with full freedom of a wheel , and for the money its better just to put it toward a ps4 or pc ... anyways my point is I am sick of waisting money and after buying this game I am feeling very dissapointed of how companys who make games only care about profits and not about the customers experience .. I understood that xbox one is more limited to wheels than ps4 , atleast maby just maby the ps4 will grant g27 compatibility ... but I think it all comes down to passivness , nobody tried hard enough to get wheels to work on xbox one , I bet you if repetitive calls were made to microsoft and logitech than we would get an answer because as far as I see in the info as to why is that nobody is trying hard enough and now you pushed out a shitty game that I will never feel as a sim because it lacks support for sim wheels and im not wasting $400 on a POS clutchless stickless tx458 .

Slightly mad studios ,,, you need to try harder , because as it stands with a controller this game is deemed unplayable by many and is for sale second hand everywhere because other people think so as well , go check a pawn shop and see for yourself ...

if there is no solution to wheel support than with all the big money you made selling the broken game you should make a wheel of you own through microsoft with a clutch pedal and stick with 900 degrees rotation , thats the only real way to get a sim feel .

Im going to play my $10 gt6 on my $50 ps3 with my $300 g27 . Simulation feel = $360
To play a xbox one $500 with a $70 game and a $400 wheel oh wait I forgot the $200 pedals and $200 shifter + xbox live$60 + gst = simulation feel $1500 .

This game isnt worth that much determination to have a wheel .

This is where I stand with xbox one and project cars .
If you are a racing simulator enthusiast dont waste your time on this
console with this game . Dont waste your money on converters .
Dont listen to microsofts corruption just wanting to profit on plastic junk.

go all out and spend the money on a ps4 or gaming pc because that is the closest your gonna get to sim racing .. xbox one you failed , forza you failed , project cars you tried .

wheel or die .

turbohondaej1
20-05-2015, 17:54
Well , I just want to state I am a racing enthusiast right back from gt1 and forza 1 . I never really used a wheel until I was offered a g27 with a stand for a couple hundred bucks ....
I was extremely dissapointed to find that the g27 and many other racing wheels are non compatible to microsoft ... soo I purchased and ps3 and gt6 so I could atleast get a feel of realism and accuracy of a wheel ... gt6 is a good game , I have freedom and thats what racing games should be about , being free to steer whatever way you have too ,,, I owned a xbox one prior to playing gt6 on ps3 but always hoped for a solution to as when I can use my g27 for xbox , finally I purchased a adapter called a maxrace f1 v4 and honestly it sucks people dont waste your money as it is not the same as playing with full freedom of a wheel , and for the money its better just to put it toward a ps4 or pc ... anyways my point is I am sick of waisting money and after buying this game I am feeling very dissapointed of how companys who make games only care about profits and not about the customers experience .. I understood that xbox one is more limited to wheels than ps4 , atleast maby just maby the ps4 will grant g27 compatibility ... but I think it all comes down to passivness , nobody tried hard enough to get wheels to work on xbox one , I bet you if repetitive calls were made to microsoft and logitech than we would get an answer because as far as I see in the info as to why is that nobody is trying hard enough and now you pushed out a shitty game that I will never feel as a sim because it lacks support for sim wheels and im not wasting $400 on a POS clutchless stickless tx458 .

Slightly mad studios ,,, you need to try harder , because as it stands with a controller this game is deemed unplayable by many and is for sale second hand everywhere because other people think so as well , go check a pawn shop and see for yourself ...

if there is no solution to wheel support than with all the big money you made selling the broken game you should make a wheel of you own through microsoft with a clutch pedal and stick with 900 degrees rotation , thats the only real way to get a sim feel .

Im going to play my $10 gt6 on my $50 ps3 with my $300 g27 . Simulation feel = $360
To play a xbox one $500 with a $70 game and a $400 wheel oh wait I forgot the $200 pedals and $200 shifter + xbox live$60 + gst = simulation feel $1500 .

This game isnt worth that much determination to have a wheel .

This is where I stand with xbox one and project cars .
If you are a racing simulator enthusiast dont waste your time on this
console with this game . Dont waste your money on converters .
Dont listen to microsofts corruption just wanting to profit on plastic junk.

go all out and spend the money on a ps4 or gaming pc because that is the closest your gonna get to sim racing .. xbox one you failed , forza you failed , project cars you tried .

wheel or die .

Lol you rag on the wheel users who can use there wheel from xbox one and on pc too? Then you go on to compare a ps4 to a gaming pc fanboy much?

turboxnetics
20-05-2015, 20:38
Lol you rag on the wheel users who can use there wheel from xbox one and on pc too? Then you go on to compare a ps4 to a gaming pc fanboy much?

No not exactly .im saying dont waste your time with this console because there trying to make you buy things you shouldnt have to buy and there trying to force you to , why do you think that you cant use an old xbox 360 wheel huh?? Its all about the mighty dollar and these rich companys would rather promote new fancy hardware for more and more money rather than keep people happy by making things compatible .

Its an opinion , take it leave it but im sure a lot of people feel the same way .
im not only fighting for g27 im fighting for all logitech, fanatec, thrustmaster support
im sure people spent allot of money and all of a sudden there rig is
worthless due to lack of support.

Robhd
20-05-2015, 20:59
Sometimes you just have to accept things move on... I loved my fanatec csr wheel, with elite pedals and shifters on the xbox 360... They where fantastic then... BUT... My replacement thrustmastet tx, t3pa pedals and th8a shifter are in a whole new league on the xbox one... They are so much better than my older fanatec gear that i haven't begrudged the investment.. And if the 360 life cycle is repeated i should get 7-8 years gaming pleasure out if them before xbox one is guess what... Replaced with newer technology!

turbohondaej1
20-05-2015, 22:04
No not exactly .im saying dont waste your time with this console because there trying to make you buy things you shouldnt have to buy and there trying to force you to , why do you think that you cant use an old xbox 360 wheel huh?? Its all about the mighty dollar and these rich companys would rather promote new fancy hardware for more and more money rather than keep people happy by making things compatible .

Its an opinion , take it leave it but im sure a lot of people feel the same way .
im not only fighting for g27 im fighting for all logitech, fanatec, thrustmaster support
im sure people spent allot of money and all of a sudden there rig is
worthless due to lack of support.

I understand a little where you are coming from but the only wheel to work from last Gen would be the t500 wheel On consoles anyway. I'm sure you like your g27 but xbox never had it to begin with so I wouldn't waste your time trying to get that supported on xbox logitech doesn't seem to really care. Plus you could sell it for close to probably half of the tx 458 wheel. There like 300 on amazon and the g27 was like 240. I bought my tx for 320 2 months after xbox one release date. I drove on the stock pedals for close to 100 hours if not more before I got the t3pa pedals (worth it but I would get the pro now). I know 300 is alot to drop but I got it at the start of the console generation so if the console last 6 years I will be happy. It will probably average like 5 bux a month. I lose more then that if a buy a bag of chips a couple days a week. from an enjoyment standpoint well worth it imo. You can use your g27 on pc with almost any racing game but how long will your pc last when you build it you will waste more money then just getting a new wheel for console of your choice. I do hate the fact that the tx wheel doesn't work for ps4 or t300 for xbox that is crap I'm not buying 2 wheels for 2 different consoles when they could probably make an adapter to make it work for both.

o Mike V o
20-05-2015, 22:13
This xbox one will be the last console I ever buy, I am sick of getting the shit end of the stick all the time. I am not singling out pcars or racing games when I say that, it has been that way across all kinds of games. I will be apart of "pcmaster" race sooner or later once I figure out how to properly build one. :p