PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans invitational - 1% = 2 hours???

Zzorrkk
20-05-2015, 17:15
Hey,

I've been invited to Le Mans and I usually drive 3-5 Lap races. Now I'm on pole and the game tells me I have to drive at least 2 hours... First up this is nonsense in a 1% race. Can anybody help me or is this just some stupid idea working as intended??? Everything below 9% is shown as 2 hours... :mad:

Rusty Monk
20-05-2015, 17:26
Sorry to be a cynic but you did accept an invite to the le mans 24 hours. The idea of the whole event is an endurance rac, this isn't a stupid feature I think it's brilliant to be fair. Very few games I've come across actually make the le mans race last more than 20 minutes.

TrevorAustin
20-05-2015, 17:27
1% of 24 hours isn't even close to 2 hours

Zzorrkk
20-05-2015, 17:34
Sorry to be a cynic but you did accept an invite to the le mans 24 hours. The idea of the whole event is an endurance rac, this isn't a stupid feature I think it's brilliant to be fair. Very few games I've come across actually make the le mans race last more than 20 minutes.

Isn't this the racing game giving you control over all the features letting you drive like you want??? I understand this is an endurance race - driving 10 laps without assists is already endurace racing for most gamers but not being close to even 1 hour with an LMP1 car. If it were supposed to be like this I'd say its just stupid dogmatism...

How many people have time for this???

Bealdor
20-05-2015, 17:35

All races also have a minimum duration independant of the duration slider. The min duration for Le Mans is 2 hours, so working as intended.

How many people have time for this???

And that's the exact reason why it's an invitational event and not part of the Endurance season. You can skip it easily if you want.

Zzorrkk
20-05-2015, 17:47
And that's the exact reason why it's an invitational event and not part of the Endurance season. You can skip it easily if you want.

Thanks for answering. Ok. I can skip racing THE main attraction of the game as far as licensed racing series are concerned opposed to give me access to it in a shorter career race - lets say 30 Minutes. I don't get it. I understand you always have access to everything with custom events, but still I don't understand the dogmatism in a game, that gives me complete freedom in almost every other aspect. I mean I can drive the race with the slowest and dumbest AI and all assists turned on - but I have to do it at least for 2 hours?

Still the bottom line is - awesome game. I don't want to come across being all negative ;)

poet
20-05-2015, 18:05
Where would be the endurance aspect of the 24h Le Mans in a 5 minute race?
:)

Robbo-92
20-05-2015, 18:10
Well it is meant to be the 24 hours of Le Mans, as poet said, you wouldn't get a feel for endurance racing if you only had to complete 2 or 3 laps. In fact I quite like it that the min time is 2 hours :)

Bealdor
20-05-2015, 18:16
Well it is meant to be the 24 hours of Le Mans, as poet said, you wouldn't get a feel for endurance racing if you only had to complete 2 or 3 laps. In fact I quite like it that the min time is 2 hours :)

I think I rooted for it @WMD forums to be at least 3 hours IIRC. :cool:

Aldo Zampatti
20-05-2015, 18:20

He said bleow 9%... 2 hrs.. that's because it's 9% minimum I think.

I think I rooted for it @WMD forums to be at least 3 hours IIRC. :cool:

mhmhmhm you..... :P

Mad Al
20-05-2015, 18:25
All races also have a minimum duration independant of the duration slider. The min duration for Le Mans is 2 hours, so working as intended.

It is also an event in the Endurance season....

Bealdor
20-05-2015, 18:28
It is also an event in the Endurance season....

This is new to me. AFAIK Le Mans 24h is an invitational event only.

Zzorrkk
20-05-2015, 18:34
guys - I never spoke about 5 mins...

Jescott71
20-05-2015, 18:43

Yeah it is in the endurance season, again with a minimum of 2 hours, along with being an individual invitational event. It's a double point race too in the endurance season, like in the actual FIA WEC Championship. I know because I literally just finished a two hour version in the WEC endurance season, and have an invitation to the separate Le Mans 24 Hours as well.

It was good fun too, driving a GT3 car, having LMP cars tearing past you down the straight, while trying to fight other GT3 cars and lap GT4 cars. I had no AI issues or anything either. You need at least 2 hours to fully enjoy it IMO

Mad Al
20-05-2015, 18:49

Round 2 of the WEC...

and yes it's a min 2 hour for that too

and ninja'd

LordDRIFT
20-05-2015, 18:51
If you consider a race weekend in the clio cup for example: Practice, qualifying, race 1 and race two on 1% can be ~ 45mins. Driving for 2hrs in a 1% ENDURANCE race is relatively correct. Otherwise, how can you call it endurance?

Robbo-92
20-05-2015, 18:59
guys - I never spoke about 5 mins...

Presume you were thinking 1% would be 24 mins? I can see why you would automatically think that but as I and others have said to get a good feel for endurance racing and Le Mans 2 hours is a pretty good min time limit, its not too long nor too short. Isn't there a mid race save function available?

JDFSSS
20-05-2015, 19:06
There would be no point in even calling it the 24h of le mans if you could do it in 20mins. Even a 2hour race isn't an endurance race. That's a pretty standard length for a race.

Machinist90
20-05-2015, 19:16
There would be no point in even calling it the 24h of le mans if you could do it in 20mins. Even a 2hour race isn't an endurance race. That's a pretty standard length for a race.

it actually bothers me that some races in career have such a low max,for example 10 laps (depends on track but not that much variation)...like the formula rookie races..why make those so short max length and the formula A ones like 57 laps (as it should be and I like)...It would extend the joy of the content quite a bit for me

JDFSSS
20-05-2015, 19:24
it actually bothers me that some races in career have such a low max,for example 10 laps (depends on track but not that much variation)...like the formula rookie races..why make those so short max length and the formula A ones like 57 laps (as it should be and I like)...It would extend the joy of the content quite a bit for me

Yeah, I agree. The max length for most races is way too short. I race most of my career races at 100%, and most of them are only about 10 laps. I did the lmp2 championship not too long ago and all the rounds consist of 2 separate races that last for a total of 35 minutes combined. Seems really short. The race length should be at least double that.

Machinist90
20-05-2015, 19:29
Yeah, I agree. The max length for most races is way too short. I race most of my career races at 100%, and most of them are only about 10 laps. I did the lmp2 championship not too long ago and all the rounds consist of 2 separate races that last for a total of 35 minutes combined. Seems really short. The race length should be at least double that.

it really surprised me they forgot about that or left that option out,maybe it will be added later in? shouldn't be that hard I suppose,at least I hope

TSells31
20-05-2015, 22:15
If you want to race a short race at Le Mans, just do it? Just because the 24h race isn't offered in career mode in a 5 lap format doesn't mean you can't race whatever cars you want for whatever amount of time at Le Mans. Not sure what the big deal is. Unless you "need" to have the race labelled as 24 hrs or it doesn't count (despite only racing for 20 min).

Bobtod
20-05-2015, 22:35
Did it last night, broke both headlights in the first 10 mins so had to drive in the dark only to crash on the last lap and get disqualified whilst rejoining the track :mad:

Bt

WhiteNinja636
20-05-2015, 22:36
I think the min 2 hour race is a good thing, it forces you to experience many of the main features of the game; fuel consumption, tyre wear etc

My only issue is that in the games current condition it's impossible for me to do a 2 hour race without experiencing a race ending glitch

Rusty Monk
21-05-2015, 14:21

In most cases this is following real life. While this game doesn't really example it usually the lower formulas are support races to the pinnacle of that type of racing or a higher level of it. For instance the ginnetta juniors supported the British touring car championship and the race was 20 mins (because of a safety car). For those cars around Thruxton that would be about right for a 10-15 lap race. For bigger classes like lmp2 however they should be longer than some have said

Machinist90
21-05-2015, 18:57
In most cases this is following real life. While this game doesn't really example it usually the lower formulas are support races to the pinnacle of that type of racing or a higher level of it. For instance the ginnetta juniors supported the British touring car championship and the race was 20 mins (because of a safety car). For those cars around Thruxton that would be about right for a 10-15 lap race. For bigger classes like lmp2 however they should be longer than some have said

I thought it was somewhat reality related but just 10 laps for formula rookie felt short..but if that's how it is okay then however I'd like to be able to lengthen the race if I really like the class I'm racing in.