PDA

View Full Version : Custom Career Mode

Lazytown
20-05-2015, 17:26
I want CAREER mode to be fully customizable with my own build of championships for each tier. I want to be able to choose cars, tracks and number of rounds as well as smaller details like number of entries and rules for custom championships for every tier.

There is thousands and thousands of hours of playability locked up in all the game's cars and tracks which are not available through a small and uninspiring CAREER mode that simply needs to be fully customizable to make it damn near perfect. Why can't I have a 25 round GT3 championship? Why can't I start with a FOCUS or M1 cup instead of CLIO? If I don't ever want to race AZURE then why must I? Man the options that would suddenly bloom with a fully customizable CAREER track just blow my mind. WMD and SMS must see this too, surely?

This is my number one priority and I feel it is essential to the longevity of the game. A fully customizable CAREER track would turn this game into a monster! Give racers full control over our CAREERS and we will stay fans, users and purchasers of DLC for a long long time. Keep us stuck in the limited selection of fed to us career championships then one or two months and boredom and the next game become priorities instead. It is a simple feature to implement that could have a massive impact.

Anybody else want to see this too?

MULTIVITZ
21-05-2015, 23:14
Can't you create multiple race events already? Just get some paper and a pen. So would you choose the pize you would get as well? And have the description of it in your status?

Lazytown
22-05-2015, 12:30
Some folk might find tracking their own career mode through created events with pen and paper satisfying but it's not doing it for me.

As to the suggestion that custom CAREER trophies or achievements would upset status parity, or be unfair (?) or whatever, surely a simple distinction between custom achievements and standard would suffice to render this objection null and void.

Slowsley
24-05-2015, 12:15
I want CAREER mode to be fully customizable with my own build of championships for each tier. I want to be able to choose cars, tracks and number of rounds as well as smaller details like number of entries and rules for custom championships for every tier.

There is thousands and thousands of hours of playability locked up in all the game's cars and tracks which are not available through a small and uninspiring CAREER mode that simply needs to be fully customizable to make it damn near perfect. Why can't I have a 25 round GT3 championship? Why can't I start with a FOCUS or M1 cup instead of CLIO? If I don't ever want to race AZURE then why must I? Man the options that would suddenly bloom with a fully customizable CAREER track just blow my mind. WMD and SMS must see this too, surely?

This is my number one priority and I feel it is essential to the longevity of the game. A fully customizable CAREER track would turn this game into a monster! Give racers full control over our CAREERS and we will stay fans, users and purchasers of DLC for a long long time. Keep us stuck in the limited selection of fed to us career championships then one or two months and boredom and the next game become priorities instead. It is a simple feature to implement that could have a massive impact.

Absolutely! This is #1 for me as well. Exactly exactly exactly.
I mean, the WEC this year includes the Nurburgring GP and Silverstone, both of which are in pCARS, neither of which is in the career mode WEC. Silverstone is SMS's home WEC race even and the season opener...just left out. Instead, the career WEC has Bathurst. Why? I want to make my own WEC. It would make pCARS every sim racer I'd ever need.

Lazytown
24-05-2015, 15:28
It would make pCARS every sim racer I'd ever need.

I know right! It's the one perfect missing feature.

I keep reading suggestions by people saying oh it needs more this race type, or what about adding this track or another round of this and so on but really a fully customizable career mode is the answer to everyone's prayers. You could do your WEC all you wanted and be happy AND buy DLC for new cars and or tracks to change, re-invent, refresh your own favorite championships.

I think every single user wins BIG with this feature and I hope SMS are listening. Fully customizable CAREER mode adds longevity and depth to the game in an instant. Like they said, race the way we want!

Robhd
24-05-2015, 18:26
I have just posted a thread asking to be able to build our own championship... Creating a full career would be neat but part of the fun of the career option is surely not knowing what you are about to be offered for your next drive?

TrevorAustin
24-05-2015, 18:55

I don't want any career mode and that's essential for it's longevity as a sim. So who's right?

Sp4mD4gger
24-05-2015, 18:59
You want, you want, you sure!You 10?
Except for the opening statement, it's quite a good idea, maybe.

Slowsley
25-05-2015, 08:40
I don't want any career mode and that's essential for it's longevity as a sim. So who's right?

I'm confused. Taking out mine and many other's favorite part of pCARS (career mode) is essential for the game to maintain longevity for you?

I have no interest in the road cars....so I don't play 'em. If other people enjoy the road cars then well, I'm glad they're there.

Ingo_Schwartz
26-05-2015, 15:05
A custom championship would be nice! where you have the same opponents throughout the championship, also should be able to choose the livery, I can't choose the livery for the single races and always get a different livery each race so even if I did get a pen and paper to write down my scores and other stuff like that, it becomes so unrealistic, because in real live your livery and number are your identity!

Unless you can name me a championship in real life where you are driving a Silver Mclaren 12C number 49 for Spa but then you change to Blue Mclaren 12C number 03 for Donington ?

Career is essential for the longevity of the game, for me atleast.

But maybe I'm just pulling stuff out of my a** and should shut my pie hole...

Naz
26-05-2015, 15:28
Good idea, I'd definitely like to have this included in the game if possible.

Slowsley
28-05-2015, 22:30
A custom championship would be nice! where you have the same opponents throughout the championship, also should be able to choose the livery, I can't choose the livery for the single races and always get a different livery each race so even if I did get a pen and paper to write down my scores and other stuff like that, it becomes so unrealistic, because in real live your livery and number are your identity!

Unless you can name me a championship in real life where you are driving a Silver Mclaren 12C number 49 for Spa but then you change to Blue Mclaren 12C number 03 for Donington ?

Career is essential for the longevity of the game, for me atleast.

But maybe I'm just pulling stuff out of my a** and should shut my pie hole...

You can keep a livery in solo races....choose a livery from "my garage", click the little green dot to keep it, then you will have that livery each time until you use that car again with a different one.

XObladerunnerOX
20-11-2015, 15:36
exactly as I feel given how many bugs there are!!! career mode sucks arse!. and I don't play online

casscroute
20-11-2015, 17:55
+1 .