PDA

View Full Version : WRC - Western Racing Community

redline2400
20-05-2015, 19:35
When I browse these forums, I see two groups of overlapping people: Europeans and self-proclaimed "sim-gods" who race with a Sparco seat, €4000 wheel, and a racing suit with helmet who believe that everyone likes to drive from the helmet view only and with less assists than an 19th century steam train.

As such, I have taken it upon myself to form the WRC, aka the Western Racing Community. We at WRC are focused on organizing a community of racers from (but not limited to*) the United States and Canada.
(*We will also allow Mexico and Caribean racers, but knowing English is a prerequisite for that.)

The WRC is also welcome to drivers of all skill levels, from weekend drivers with little experience to those who can drive the Nurburing blindfolded in reverse. Assists are allowed in this community, as I feel that most of us can't drive a car without traction control with ease.

The WRC is a laid-back community, focusing more on connections between drivers rather than forming a serious racing league or circuit. However, this doesn't mean we are uncompetive and that any races between members are a lawless free-for-all. We expect members to drive as clean as possible, aside from the usual "bumps" and "bangs" of racing (we avoid using pit maneuvers, break checks, or other forms of intentional destruction). We also figure that if you bought the game, you're probably going to try to at least land on the podium every race.

So, if you're from North America and are looking for some people who are local enough to keep a stable connection, the WRC is for you!

Contact PSNID redline2400 for more details.

And if you're looking to join, head here too:
http://westernracingcom.proboards.com/
It's our forum. Get an account there and post your PSN if you want in.

HarryHoodlum
20-05-2015, 19:40
Totally interested, and was even considering starting something like this myself. A lot of European players on this forum but not many NAs. I like the idea of it being open and honest v.s. purely competitive. I just added you on PSN.

If you want/need to make a logo/simple website/blog, I'd be happy to take that on!

redline2400
20-05-2015, 19:58
Thanks for the quick response, just accepted the friend request on PSN. While I am planing on making a weebly site (since I 1. Don't have Adobe Dreamweaver and 2. Don't have money to spend on a high-quality domain), I'm not quite the graphic designer. If you're up to make a logo for us, I'd be happy if you could do so. You don't have to, only if you want to.

But yeah, I've been seeing very few non-ultra competitive groups and no groups based out of NA (probably due to this not having NASCAR but oh well, less people complaining for Talladega) so I wanted to make one. And after talking to some friends, I decided to go ahead with it.

Once again, thanks for joining.

Pink_650S
20-05-2015, 20:46
What about a european with a 120k connection?

redline2400
20-05-2015, 20:56
Fair enough. I realized this is one of few (if not only) communities that don't force you to wear a racing suit so yeah, why not. But only if that connection is smooth both sides of the Atlantic (but I assume you wouldn't be asking if it wasn't).

Mr.Smoke
20-05-2015, 20:57
Im up for this as well. Will add you on PSN right now OP.

redline2400
20-05-2015, 21:01
Nice.

Also M-R---S-M-O-K-E, I feel as though I've seen your name on the leaderboards. If that's the case, nice job. :D

HarryHoodlum
20-05-2015, 21:03
Thanks for the quick response, just accepted the friend request on PSN. While I am planing on making a weebly site (since I 1. Don't have Adobe Dreamweaver and 2. Don't have money to spend on a high-quality domain), I'm not quite the graphic designer. If you're up to make a logo for us, I'd be happy if you could do so. You don't have to, only if you want to.

But yeah, I've been seeing very few non-ultra competitive groups and no groups based out of NA (probably due to this not having NASCAR but oh well, less people complaining for Talladega) so I wanted to make one. And after talking to some friends, I decided to go ahead with it.

Once again, thanks for joining.

Cool! I'll put some looks together for the fun of it and we can move from there

HarryHoodlum
20-05-2015, 21:03
Fair enough. I realized this is one of few (if not only) communities that don't force you to wear a racing suit so yeah, why not. But only if that connection is smooth both sides of the Atlantic (but I assume you wouldn't be asking if it wasn't).

I've raced with Pink and her ping was good.

Mr.Smoke
20-05-2015, 21:11
As is her lap times!!

Mr.Smoke
20-05-2015, 21:15
Nice.

Also M-R---S-M-O-K-E, I feel as though I've seen your name on the leaderboards. If that's the case, nice job. :D

Really? Thats news to me lol. Gonna have to check that out now.

Spitfire77
20-05-2015, 22:10
I am interested, have not been online yet as I am playing the career and still learning everything. I have never been fast, more mid to rear pack on any racer I have played but I always try to race clean online.

PSN = SoCaLLbeer - I sent you an invite

redline2400
20-05-2015, 22:37
Sorry for not replying when I received your message on PSN SoCall, was using my iPod and the keyboard wasn't working.

Regardless of your speed, welcome aboard!

Anjinson03
20-05-2015, 23:24
Hello all I'm looking for mature, like minded racers on PSN. I have lots of online and series racing experience. I'm new to play station and could use some friends to drive with. I live in the U.S and play one game or another every night. I can pretty much drive any car with any assists. My favorite racing is Endurance events and will typically practice all week for a weekend event. If anyone here has similar interests please shoot my an invite.
PSN-Anjinson03
XBox1-o351
PC-dsh_tiger@yahoo.com

Hottracer88
21-05-2015, 02:31
Totally interested, and was even considering starting something like this myself. A lot of European players on this forum but not many NAs. I like the idea of it being open and honest v.s. purely competitive. I just added you on PSN.

If you want/need to make a logo/simple website/blog, I'd be happy to take that on!

hey how do I get one of those signature like one at bottom of ur page or did u make that

zennmeister
21-05-2015, 02:49
Bump.

Can't wait.
Good job Red !

HarryHoodlum
21-05-2015, 02:56
hey how do I get one of those signature like one at bottom of ur page or did u make that

I made it myself, yeah

djhonda
21-05-2015, 03:11
I'm also in guys. My PSN: TwinDad78 - yeah I think it's too revealing ;)

HarryHoodlum
21-05-2015, 03:17

Couple people have asked, and I'd be happy to make you one just like it if you upload/send me the screenshot of the car you want to use.

Mr.Smoke
21-05-2015, 03:52
Ive added all who have posted.

Roondog19
21-05-2015, 03:58
I'm down!

HarryHoodlum
21-05-2015, 14:36
What do you guys think of this (be honest!)?

http://i.imgur.com/eaHXkBm.jpg?1

zennmeister
21-05-2015, 15:32
Excellent job, Harry.

Wonder what it would look like in italic (or reverse italic!)...you know, something to give it a subtle sense of speed. Or maybe just italicize both "W"s?

HarryHoodlum
21-05-2015, 15:42
Cool I'll see how that looks

HarryHoodlum
21-05-2015, 16:01
WRC PSN List (so far; add yourself if you're not on here)

redline2400
HarryHoodlum
PiinK_eMo_GiiRL
M-R---S-M-O-K-E
SoCaLLbeer
Anjinson03
zennmeister
TwinDad78

Roundrocket
21-05-2015, 16:29
Add me if you can psn: Roundrocket

HarryHoodlum
21-05-2015, 16:36
redline2400
HarryHoodlum
PiinK_eMo_GiiRL
M-R---S-M-O-K-E
SoCaLLbeer
Anjinson03
zennmeister
TwinDad78
Roundrocket

htownhero311
21-05-2015, 17:04
I'm in: htownhero311

robbyracer82
21-05-2015, 17:07
Count me in! (Fellow Detroiter here). Add me as a friend with pCARS in the subject line please. robbyracer82

Mr.Smoke
21-05-2015, 17:08
Just a thought here. We should keep a list of everyones PSN info in the OP. Easy to find & edit that way. Adding the new posters on PSN right now.

djhonda
21-05-2015, 17:14
Very nice logo Harry! Will ad it as my avatar once it's finalized.

When is the first race of our club guys? :)

HarryHoodlum
21-05-2015, 17:20
Very nice logo Harry! Will ad it as my avatar once it's finalized.

When is the first race of our club guys? :)

Thanks! OP was hoping friday would work out but I'll let him throw that out there in more detail.

Fight-Test
21-05-2015, 17:47
add me also guys.

PSN: Fight Test

HzzrdsFnst15
21-05-2015, 18:17
Toronto Canada area here. PSN - HzzrdsFnst15

HarryHoodlum
21-05-2015, 18:20
add me also guys.

PSN: Fight Test

It's fight-test (with the dash), right?

I've added everyone in the thread so far.

redline2400
21-05-2015, 19:12
I'll have a forum ready by the end of the day. That way we can move operations there for the time being. You can also post your PSN there so that we won't have to look between pages for it.

redline2400
21-05-2015, 19:16
First race is planed to be run on Friday, May 22 (5/22) at either 8, 9, or 10pm eastern time (easy reference, NYC = eastern time zone), depending on when everyone is on and ready. I plan for it to be at the main Willow Springs track with either GT3 or road vehicles. I'll let you guys decide on that.

I plan to be on tonight as well, so we can also race then.

HarryHoodlum
21-05-2015, 19:23
redline2400
HarryHoodlum
PiinK_eMo_GiiRL
M-R---S-M-O-K-E
SoCaLLbeer
Anjinson03
zennmeister
TwinDad78
Roundrocket
htownhero311
robbyracer82
fight-test

HarryHoodlum
21-05-2015, 19:35
80x80 avatar if any of you want to use it http://i.imgur.com/6HlQ8EI.jpg?1

ace_hogger
21-05-2015, 19:54
This is my first post here. I would love to join some like minded clean racers. I'm new to both the PS4 and project cars, but have quite a bit of experince racing GPL in a well respected league for several years. I run a t300rs with the standard pedals but my t3pa pro pedals are on order. I'd like to join. Thanks!
PSN Ace_hogger

HarryHoodlum
21-05-2015, 19:56
This is my first post here. I would love to join some like minded clean racers. I'm new to both the PS4 and project cars, but have quite a bit of experince racing GPL in a well respected league for several years. I run a t300rs with the standard pedals but my t3pa pro pedals are on order. I'd like to join. Thanks!
PSN Ace_hogger

Hey "Ace_Hogger" didn't come up on PSN for me

Fight-Test
21-05-2015, 20:04
It's fight-test (with the dash), right?

I've added everyone in the thread so far.

yes sorry, Fight-Test

ace_hogger
21-05-2015, 20:08
I guess it's case sensitive, anyway.
ace_hogger

HarryHoodlum
21-05-2015, 20:11
I guess it's case sensitive, anyway.
ace_hogger

Ah ok. I accepted your request.

Fight-Test
21-05-2015, 20:14
ace I have the same setup and the pro pedals make a huge difference. Huge!! I did do the mod to the original pedals with the RC springs and it helped alot. I have the pro pedals at the middle postion with the mod or I think around the 44lbs. I might try the even higher lbs. soon to see what it feels like. make sure and use jack spades ffb settings. they are amazing and my times dropped the first time out.

redline2400
21-05-2015, 20:17
The forum has been built, albeit will probably need to be changed/added to/modified down the road.

But, in it's current state, you can find it here: http://westernracingcom.proboards.com/

If the link doesn't work please notify me.

HarryHoodlum
21-05-2015, 20:20
The forum has been built, albeit will probably need to be changed/added to/modified down the road.

But, in it's current state, you can find it here: http://westernracingcom.proboards.com/

If the link doesn't work please notify me.

Looks awesome! Might wanna send you a slightly smaller logo for the header though that's pretty huge!

Raeang
21-05-2015, 20:24
Sounds like a good time redline!! I will send a friend request...from PSN = raeang

redline2400
21-05-2015, 20:26
Yeah, a smaller one would be better.

Fight-Test
21-05-2015, 20:27
site looks great!!

HarryHoodlum
21-05-2015, 20:33
Yeah, a smaller one would be better.

Email'd

Mr.Smoke
21-05-2015, 21:07
Website looks great as does the logo. Nice work guys!

Im going to put a link in my sig here to our forum in hopes of attracting more local guys.

Pink_650S
21-05-2015, 22:10
Sweet 787B :)!!

Mr.Smoke
21-05-2015, 22:13
Sweet 787B :)!!

Hells yeah!! They really need to add that car lol.

Pink_650S
21-05-2015, 22:22
Yea! The C9 Sauber needs some competition ;)

trade_fanatic
21-05-2015, 23:05
count me in, I love to game online but we all know how it goes when racing with a bunch of yahoos.. WRC is the place for me! I'm getting online right now and hope to get some racing in with the new crew! so glad that you got the ball rolling REDLINE! I'll be racing with WRC (if granted a place) and in PINKS monthly championship.

HarryHoodlum
22-05-2015, 04:29
Good times. Some bad [racing] times, but mostly good. Looking forward to seeing how things evolve.

Mr.Smoke
22-05-2015, 13:20
Good times indeed. Tonights event should be good as well.

Fight-Test
22-05-2015, 13:52
Sorry I missed you guys last night. Was running with the Precision guys. Ill jump in for some clio love tonight. Never touched that car though. Maybe we could set up something on the forum where we can put Track/Car/Time since the leaderboards are piss poor at the moment? I would like to see how much work I have at each track to catch you f'ers.

djhonda
22-05-2015, 13:55
Is there something like "private rooms" in this game? At some point yesterday we had bunch of tools joining us, crashing on purpose etc. it would be cool to be able to have only members/trusted people in the race.

HarryHoodlum
22-05-2015, 14:03
Is there something like "private rooms" in this game? At some point yesterday we had bunch of tools joining us, crashing on purpose etc. it would be cool to be able to have only members/trusted people in the race.

Pink said the room was private and I guess some of those wise-guys were invited? Or just rear-ended me 5x by accident? The majority of people were making every attempt to race clean, but getting bashed into the sand while trying to overtake first place was frustrating to say the least.

Mr.Smoke
22-05-2015, 14:19
Sorry I missed you guys last night. Was running with the Precision guys. Ill jump in for some clio love tonight. Never touched that car though. Maybe we could set up something on the forum where we can put Track/Car/Time since the leaderboards are piss poor at the moment? I would like to see how much work I have at each track to catch you f'ers.

Redline mentioned last night that wecwill be running the GT3 tonight at Willow. How was it with the Precision guys? We have the race with them this weekend which im looking forward too as well.

Mr.Smoke
22-05-2015, 14:34
Welcome ramm. As long as you dont plan to ram (pun intended) us while racing, we will be happy to have you. Will add you on PSN right now. Also, take a moment to join our WRC forum. Link is below in my sig.

Fight-Test
22-05-2015, 14:42
Redline mentioned last night that wecwill be running the GT3 tonight at Willow. How was it with the Precision guys? We have the race with them this weekend which im looking forward too as well.

GT3? thats what im talking about. I will be there for sure. They are good dudes. Pretty quick, no aliens or anything and very very clean. We jumped around alot on the tracks and had 10x progression and random weather which im not really ready for as Im still learning tracks, lines and braking points for alot of tracks but the tracks we all knew we had great racing.

I never ran Willow either, hopefully i can get some practice in before we run laps.

Mr.Smoke
22-05-2015, 14:52
GT3? thats what im talking about. I will be there for sure. They are good dudes. Pretty quick, no aliens or anything and very very clean. We jumped around alot on the tracks and had 10x progression and random weather which im not really ready for as Im still learning tracks, lines and braking points for alot of tracks but the tracks we all knew we had great racing.

I never ran Willow either, hopefully i can get some practice in before we run laps.

Sounds like it was good times. Im hoping we can do 15 mins of practice & 15 mins of qualifying before the race itself. Also hoping for a 15-20 lap race.

Fight-Test
22-05-2015, 15:00
smoke, will it be on regular progression for time, tires, etc.? Just wanted to know in case I get in early practice. I figure that it will all be set up regular since its the WRC.

Mr.Smoke
22-05-2015, 15:05
That will up to the host of the lobby. When i host i like to put fuel & tires to real.

Fight-Test
22-05-2015, 15:12
cool, yea I pretty much run the GT3 to as real life as I can get. Im slowly turning my TC down the better I get at a track as I have it mapped to the wheel and can turn it back up for rain. I did look at leaderboards and the fastest time in the GT3 seem to use all assists even stability which I found weird. And im talking fast fast times. The next group ran real to life with just abs and TC. then the slowest were all assists off or just abs. I have TC down to around 4 right now and need to plant the rear with some other changes before i can go lower. I lose all my corner exit speed when it goes below 4.

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 16:12
Some of the randoms yesterday were really annoying me :dejection:
But all WRC members were racing clean. Of course sometimes you touch, theres no avoiding it, especially with Open-Wheeled Cars, where Tigers and l crashed on the Nürburgring :( i have it on tape :p

Overall great racing yesterday guys, good times :)

HarryHoodlum
22-05-2015, 16:19
I'm really psyched for tonight! Maybe a full grid of clean racers??? Might have a few drinks tonight so hopefully I can keep my eyes on the road :P

Fight-Test
22-05-2015, 16:20
haha, yea im having a few with coworkers after work myself. Do we have a set time?

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 16:20
I'm really psyched for tonight! Maybe a full grid of clean racers??? Might have a few drinks tonight so hopefully I can keep my eyes on the road :P

Might sound stupid, but l game better when drinking :D

HarryHoodlum
22-05-2015, 16:23

Yeah, there's a fine line for me. One too many sips and I'm gonna wreck.

Pink do you not have a mic?

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 16:24
Yeah, there's a fine line for me. One too many sips and I'm gonna wreck.

Pink do you not have a mic?

oh yea, l know this fine line all too well ;D
No, not at the moment :(

HarryHoodlum
22-05-2015, 16:28
oh yea, l know this fine line all too well ;D
No, not at the moment :(

Yeah, I think having you get wasted is the only way we can beat you in a race. Get a cheap earbud headphones with a line-mic or something! Need more smack talking from the front of the pack

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 16:33
Yeah, I think having you get wasted is the only way we can beat you in a race. Get a cheap earbud headphones with a line-mic or something! Need more smack talking from the front of the pack

To be honest, l kept muting you guys anyway, the quality of some your headsets was awful :( And then that guy that kept shouting during the Monaco race, jeez!
Thats also why l want to get a decent gaming headset.

djhonda
22-05-2015, 16:38
Yeah, I don't have a headset neither so if you don't hear me it's not because I'm being rude or socially awkward :) but I'll have some jack and coke that for sure :)

agusKBla17
22-05-2015, 16:39
Hi! I have a question, if I'm racing a resistance 3h race in my Carrer Mode and I want to stop and have a break, is there any option which I can choose in order to save the race progress, quit from that race and then come back and continue with that saved progress? Or there is just the AI auto-driving option when I stop in pits which doesn't allows me to save my race progress and then shut down my ps4?
I would really appreciate if someone answer my question,

Thanks and sorry for my bad English, I'm just an Argentinian boy :)

HarryHoodlum
22-05-2015, 16:40
To be honest, l kept muting you guys anyway, the quality of some your headsets were awful :( And then that guy that kept shouting during the Monaco race, jeez!

We figured out the noisy headset issues mostly. My sensitivity jumped to MAX after the 2.0 patch I think.

Cant go wrong with these for under $100 USD http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826159544

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 16:41
There was a patch? :eek:

HarryHoodlum
22-05-2015, 16:41
Hi! I have a question, if I'm racing a resistance 3h race in my Carrer Mode and I want to stop and have a break, is there any option which I can choose in order to save the race progress, quit from that race and then come back and continue with that saved progress? Or there is just the AI auto-driving option when I stop in pits which doesn't allows me to save my race progress and then shut down my ps4?
I would really appreciate if someone answer my question,

Thanks and sorry for my bad English, I'm just an Argentinian boy :)

I don't think there's an option for that, at least not yet.

HarryHoodlum
22-05-2015, 16:42
There was a patch? :eek:

Not a pCars patch. The PS4 OS 2.0 patch.

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 16:42
Oh :p

zennmeister
22-05-2015, 16:48
Apologies, my mic volume was set to party chat which is considerably lower than in-game. So sorry for that altho I don't talk a whole lot while racing unless I *accidentally* bump someone.

While I'm here, I urge lurkers to check the brand new WRC site out and say hi -- http://westernracingcom.proboards.com

Mr.Smoke
22-05-2015, 17:50

To be honest, l kept muting you guys anyway, the quality of some your headsets was awful :( And then that guy that kept shouting during the Monaco race, jeez!

I cant drink unless its whiskey & the wife doesnt like me when i drink whiskey. Something about me becoming an asshole i think lol. I do however make sure i smoke some sticky green stuff before jumping online. Helps me drive better i find.

Pink, hopefully my mic wasnt one of the awful ones. Never had anyone complain to me about my mic. Specifically the reason i bought a stereo headset. Didnt wanna be "that guy" ya know lol.

HarryHoodlum
22-05-2015, 17:53
No it was my mic and the other guy who sounded very far away from the mic but also loud.

Problem solved I think though. I asked 10x if it was ok and everyone said yes so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Dents27
22-05-2015, 17:59
PSN: Dents27

I try to be as clean as possible, obviously the odd bump and grind happens but not intentionally. Toronto Canada is my location!

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 18:00
jacktat was the furious guy at Monaco. l wanted to punch him in the face during the race, arghh! :dejection: :boxing:

Mr.Smoke
22-05-2015, 18:02
Good stuff. Ya your mic was much better last night. The only guy that i had noticed that needed a mic adjustment was zenn, which i mentioned to him. No big deal though. The ones with really bad mics, or cant put it on mute & want everyone to hear their wife get muted. Very distracting during racing. Hopefully the paddle shifter click noise from mine doesnt irritate anyone. If it does, lemme know so i can mute mine plz.

I just wanna go home & do some racing! Why must work interfere with gaming time?!?!

DStunnedMonkey
22-05-2015, 18:13
When I browse these forums, I see two groups of overlapping people: Europeans and self-proclaimed "sim-gods" who race with a Sparco seat, €4000 wheel, and a racing suit with helmet who believe that everyone likes to drive from the helmet view only and with less assists than an 19th century steam train.

As such, I have taken it upon myself to form the WRC, aka the Western Racing Community. We at WRC are focused on organizing a community of racers from (but not limited to*) the United States and Canada.
(*We will also allow Mexico and Caribean racers, but knowing English is a prerequisite for that.)

The WRC is also welcome to drivers of all skill levels, from weekend drivers with little experience to those who can drive the Nurburing blindfolded in reverse. Assists are allowed in this community, as I feel that most of us can't drive a car without traction control with ease.

The WRC is a laid-back community, focusing more on connections between drivers rather than forming a serious racing league or circuit. However, this doesn't mean we are uncompetive and that any races between members are a lawless free-for-all. We expect members to drive as clean as possible, aside from the usual "bumps" and "bangs" of racing (we avoid using pit maneuvers, break checks, or other forms of intentional destruction). We also figure that if you bought the game, you're probably going to try to at least land on the podium every race.

So, if you're from North America and are looking for some people who are local enough to keep a stable connection, the WRC is for you!

Contact PSNID redline2400 for more details.

I'm def up for something like this. I'm a former sprint car driver living in the Indy area.

My PSN ID DStunnedMonkey

HarryHoodlum
22-05-2015, 18:22
jacktat was the furious guy at Monaco. l wanted to punch him in the face during the race, arghh! :dejection: :boxing:

Photo finish on that one...

Mr.Smoke
22-05-2015, 18:28
PSN: Dents27

I try to be as clean as possible, obviously the odd bump and grind happens but not intentionally. Toronto Canada is my location!

Welcome to WRC!! Another Ontario member, YAY!! Added you on PSN.

I'm def up for something like this. I'm a former sprint car driver living in the Indy area.

My PSN ID DStunnedMonkey

Welcome to WRC!! Added you on PSN.

HarryHoodlum
22-05-2015, 18:29

My PSN ID DStunnedMonkey

Awesome! Must be exciting over there.

Added you on PSN and I'll invite you to the chat so you can add others.

Mr.Smoke
22-05-2015, 18:43
Sounds like a decent community add me in.

Psn: MrTRAPPER306

Done! Welcome to WRC!!

Also, everyone please take a minute to join the WRC forum. Link is below in my sig.

Dents27
22-05-2015, 18:52
Welcome to WRC!! Another Ontario member, YAY!! Added you on PSN.

Will add you when I get home from work! Been wanting to play all day. Especially now that I have my playseat built and ready to go!

Mr.Smoke
22-05-2015, 18:57
Will add you when I get home from work! Been wanting to play all day. Especially now that I have my playseat built and ready to go!

Nice!! What wheel you using?

Dents27
22-05-2015, 19:01
Nice!! What wheel you using?

Thrustmaster T300RS. I had the Logitech G25 before but due to it not being supported I said screw it and got the new wheel. While I was at it, I got the seat as well since I've always wanted one!

Fight-Test
22-05-2015, 19:20
Thrustmaster T300RS. I had the Logitech G25 before but due to it not being supported I said screw it and got the new wheel. While I was at it, I got the seat as well since I've always wanted one!

Nice, I have had my Playseat SV for about 3 years now almost and love it. Traveled around with me a good bit and still working great. I just added a buttkicker also and made the experience even better. The new ones have the adjustable foot plate which looks really nice. Wish mine had it. If you decide to upgrade the pedals you will have to make a little support plate to get them on there sturdy. Took me 10 mins and done unless the new foot plate is alot bigger.

also look into the RC spring mod for the t300 pedals if you keeping them. about a 40 dollar mod and made a huge difference but now Im using the t3pa pro's.

side note: if you find a good cup holder to attach let me know.

redline2400
22-05-2015, 19:40
I've set the facts for tonight's event on the forum.

DECASTUD007
22-05-2015, 21:28
I would love to join this community! I am in Seattle
My PSN is: DECASTUD007

Thanks and look forward to seeing you all on the track!

Mr.Smoke
22-05-2015, 21:39
I would love to join this community! I am in Seattle
My PSN is: DECASTUD007

Thanks and look forward to seeing you all on the track!

Welcome to WRC!! Please join our forum via the link below in my sig. I will add you on PSN right now.

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 22:30
Can someone inform me via PSN once you create a lobby tonight? Thanks :)

Dirtrcr17rul
22-05-2015, 23:16
Dirtrcr17rul, would enjoy racing.

arthurino
23-05-2015, 09:34
Just joined the forum
PSN ID: arthurino
On most nights from 8PM pst

Mr.Smoke
23-05-2015, 12:32
Just joined the forum
PSN ID: arthurino
On most nights from 8PM pst

Welcome to WRC!! Thanks for joining our community. I see you already joined our forum which is great. I look forward to seeing you out on the track.

arthurino
23-05-2015, 16:20
Welcome to WRC!! Thanks for joining our community. I see you already joined our forum which is great. I look forward to seeing you out on the track.

Thank you. Look forward to it as well. Thanks for creating WRC, willing to help and be an active member...just gimme a shout if I can assist in any way.

Remy1986
23-05-2015, 23:41
Just joined the forum.
PSN ShortLivedGlory
I'm military, so I'm on mainly Friday nights and weekends.

Mr.Smoke
24-05-2015, 00:17
Just joined the forum.
PSN ShortLivedGlory
I'm military, so I'm on mainly Friday nights and weekends.

Welcome & thank you for your service!!

Ive added you on PSN.

redline2400
25-05-2015, 02:54
Bump.

rocafella1978
25-05-2015, 04:16
would love to join! PSN: hassanak

LTRMAN77
25-05-2015, 04:28
Would like to join LTRMAN77. Thanks

Mr.Smoke
25-05-2015, 11:57
would love to join! PSN: hassanak

I tried adding you on PSN but your privacy settings wont allow me to send you a friend request.

Would like to join LTRMAN77. Thanks

Welcome to WRC to the both of you!! Will add you both on PSN right now. Hope to see you on the track soon.

Also, please take a minute to register at our WRC forum if you havent done so already. The link is in my sig below.

Helmethead1031
25-05-2015, 13:12
I'm interested. Joined the wrc forum this am. Helmethead1031

Mr.Smoke
25-05-2015, 20:02
I'm interested. Joined the wrc forum this am. Helmethead1031

Welcome to the WRC!! I will add you on PSN right now. See you on the track!!

HarryHoodlum
28-05-2015, 04:00
Awesome racing with everyone from this group so far.

Silentkiller_201
28-05-2015, 17:17
Hello. I have been looking for a group like this for a while. Would love to join and race with some fellow na racers. PSN: Silentkiller_201

Mr.Smoke
28-05-2015, 17:33
Hello. I have been looking for a group like this for a while. Would love to join and race with some fellow na racers. PSN: Silentkiller_201

Just added you on PSN. Hope to see you on the track soon.

HarryHoodlum
28-05-2015, 17:54

Sweet man welcome aboard. A few other Canadian fellows in the group already. Definitely want to sign up for the WRC forum so you can track event times and dates, and you can view the PSN list there too.

Mr.Smoke
30-05-2015, 00:55
WRC is still looking for casual North American racers who want to enjoy some clean racing with people from our corner of the world.

Mr.Smoke
01-06-2015, 21:54
Bump.

redline2400
02-06-2015, 19:10
Bump

legacy-8
02-06-2015, 20:16
ahhh, shame I can't join this - UK here, but I do have 100mb line

HarryHoodlum
02-06-2015, 20:17
ahhh, shame I can't join this - UK here, but I do have 100mb line

Has more to do with scheduling really. If you're a night-crawler I don't think it would be an issue as long as your connection is good.

zennmeister
02-06-2015, 21:14
Typically our prime scheduled race time is right around 3-4AM in the UK although there are other impromptu gatherings at all hours.
Looks like your connection should be more than adequate.
We're always happy to have any courteous and knowledgeable racers who want to have fun and know how to use their headset ;)

IrideGravity
06-06-2015, 03:20

Just not gonna cut it man. 2nd corner. I gave you the inside. Had the curb all to yourself.
There's a reason your buried several pages Deep and 3-4 others showed up today. Put the info out early. Give people time to prepare. And maybe consider giving them some choices too. I don't know. But choosing all 7 factors yourself? Just not sporting.

Oh yeah, and there's the golden rule of racing. If you run afoul while taking a position. YOU DONT KEEP IT. Just because there's no real Marshall to make you do the right or legit thing. Doesn't mean you run on and apologize later. Not an any legit league that anyone attempting this game semi seriously wants to be apart of.
Those rules are GTPlanet standard and generally used everywhere else. If you guys wanna be jokesters and make excuses later. Definitely not interested. Not to mention. Your mistakes cost other people races because damage is on. In a dangerous 5 lap sprint race? In fragile open wheel cars. Did I here you say you didn't finish? Pitted for damage?
You know I'm right. But seriously. taking positions you didn't earn is a major deal breaker. Might as well be no rules whatsoever.

redline2400
06-06-2015, 05:32
Whatever Mr.PerfectMcSimgod, at least I can admit that I have faults. Getting butthurt over one little thing and then quiting right after doesn't really strike me as traits of someone who can tell a game apart from reality. Horse Theif Mile is a small track and the Ariel Atom Mugen is a small, nimble car, so accidents were bound to happen. And if you did choose to stay, you would've seen the 15 player race at Spa afterwords. There were a few accidents there, but since everyone knew that they would happen, nobody got mad. In fact, a guy who got totaled the first lap remained in the lobby the entire time, and wasn't at all butthurt over it. I think you were taking this too seriously and need to calm down. It's just a game; no need to get upset.

Mr.Smoke
06-06-2015, 05:35
That race at spa was intense!! Not to mention the numerous wrecks at Nurburgring following that race, with nobody bitching or rage-quitting.

rocafella1978
06-06-2015, 06:05
i got rear ended and damaged on Spa, last
corner crippled car, not being able to repair in a sprint race, sat there and laughed, exchanged info and better luck next race. just a game, good guys, community exchanging setups and info AND thats why I gave WRC a chance, and accidents happen! just the way it is going to be, i have been bumped damaged out of 3-4 races but have not quit the game, nor yelled at anyone or started public ***###*£><]]\€\£**###*** on forums...
enjoying these races! thanks WRC members!

Mr.Smoke
14-06-2015, 18:11
WRC is still looking for new members from North America who are wanting a laid back community of people to race with. If you are interested please click the link below in my signature & register with us on our board.

We look forward to racing with you!!

criveraz86
14-06-2015, 19:08
Hi guys im totally in!!!! Im from México...

PSN ID: gHoSt__KiLL3rR (double underscore)

Mr.Smoke
14-06-2015, 19:58
Hi guys im totally in!!!! Im from México...

PSN ID: gHoSt__KiLL3rR (double underscore)

Just added you on PSN. Welcome to WRC!!

Be sure to join our WRC forum as well please & thanks.

criveraz86
17-06-2015, 21:23
Hi! I´ve just signed to the WRC community. My user is criveraz86 PSN ID: gHoSt__KiLL3rR

See you later guys...

redline2400
23-06-2015, 19:32
Bump.

redline2400
30-06-2015, 01:24
Here's my bump for the week.

Redslayer
30-06-2015, 03:13
I'm interested. My biggest problem is lack of time to join a regular league as more often than not, in summer time I'm traveling (for work). So I can't spend the time practicing for, or for that matter attending league races. I consider myself "good" but not amazing. And on tracks I don't know, I often pay visits to the grass, sand and walls :P My biggest problem I have with this game, is some cars, I can't save from a spin to save my life lol. Don't know why. Others I can have almost backwards and get them straightened out.

As an old Nascar fan (it's **** now) I am not afraid of some contact, and as long as it was a good hard race and not a dumb move, being wrecked doesn't usually make me mad lol.

PSN is- Dark_Redslayer

I'll check out the site as well. And if I decide I can get along with you all, I got a couple other friends who might be interested as well.

I don't know what kind of racing you guys usually do. When me and my friends race we do manual cautions when someone wrecks, so we can have close racing more often. And it makes it a lot more fun, and a lot less frustrating. It also means if we make one bad move, it isn't race over lol. Just a heads up incase anyone ends up in my lobby. It's a rule we've raced by since the Forza days.

Mr.Smoke
30-06-2015, 03:51
I'm interested. My biggest problem is lack of time to join a regular league as more often than not, in summer time I'm traveling (for work). So I can't spend the time practicing for, or for that matter attending league races. I consider myself "good" but not amazing. And on tracks I don't know, I often pay visits to the grass, sand and walls :P My biggest problem I have with this game, is some cars, I can't save from a spin to save my life lol. Don't know why. Others I can have almost backwards and get them straightened out.

As an old Nascar fan (it's **** now) I am not afraid of some contact, and as long as it was a good hard race and not a dumb move, being wrecked doesn't usually make me mad lol.

PSN is- Dark_Redslayer

I'll check out the site as well. And if I decide I can get along with you all, I got a couple other friends who might be interested as well.

I don't know what kind of racing you guys usually do. When me and my friends race we do manual cautions when someone wrecks, so we can have close racing more often. And it makes it a lot more fun, and a lot less frustrating. It also means if we make one bad move, it isn't race over lol. Just a heads up incase anyone ends up in my lobby. It's a rule we've raced by since the Forza days.

Added you on PSN.

WRC isnt focused on league racing, although some of us do participate in an internal league, but many do not. Its more focused on being a community to have friendly competition with. No set commitment level is required by any member, so whenever you have time works.

I do like the idea of having manual cautions though. I can see how it would make for better racing.

Redslayer
30-06-2015, 05:00
Added you on PSN.

WRC isnt focused on league racing, although some of us do participate in an internal league, but many do not. Its more focused on being a community to have friendly competition with. No set commitment level is required by any member, so whenever you have time works.

I do like the idea of having manual cautions though. I can see how it would make for better racing.

Accepted and joined your forums on the other site. Should be home for at least another day or two (maybe longer, my schedule is very fluid, esp in summer) so hopefully we can get something in.

And yeah, the manual cautions were probably the best idea we ever had lol. We're so used to each other now, that we don't even have to pick a time or spot on the track to go lol, we just go.

Generally if we're close to the S/F line, we'll restart at it. But otherwise we go at the next straight. It's been really good for tracks like Nurburgring, where wrecks are commonplace even in real life lol.

And like I said, one of the best parts, is it keeps the racing a lot closer, and less frustrating if you wind up spinning. Thus generally more fun.

vannewkirkeric
11-07-2015, 15:22
I'v been looking for a group just like this. I would love to join if you would have me. PSN vannewkirkeric I have a wheel and pedals feel like im pretty quick and strive to race clean.

rocafella1978
11-07-2015, 15:48
Accepted and joined your forums on the other site. Should be home for at least another day or two (maybe longer, my schedule is very fluid, esp in summer) so hopefully we can get something in.

And yeah, the manual cautions were probably the best idea we ever had lol. We're so used to each other now, that we don't even have to pick a time or spot on the track to go lol, we just go.

Generally if we're close to the S/F line, we'll restart at it. But otherwise we go at the next straight. It's been really good for tracks like Nurburgring, where wrecks are commonplace even in real life lol.

And like I said, one of the best parts, is it keeps the racing a lot closer, and less frustrating if you wind up spinning. Thus generally more fun.
meaning to ask you, how is fanatec setup working out for u on PS4 and which csr do u have? old or new gen? just curious to hear about it and find out how fanatec setups work on pCARS and PS4

Jakob
11-07-2015, 17:09
I'm interested, I don't have a lot of time to play, but when I do, I like to have good races. I'm respectful of other drivers and race as clean as I can.

I got my sons birthday party today, I will check out your forum later on.

PSN ID: Krazy_Kripples

Redslayer
11-07-2015, 19:02
meaning to ask you, how is fanatec setup working out for u on PS4 and which csr do u have? old or new gen? just curious to hear about it and find out how fanatec setups work on pCARS and PS4

My CSR was bought in Feb 2012. It's the standard CSR wheel, with CSR elite pedals and shifter kit. Originally it played pretty crappy lol. But after some tweaks to car setup FFB settings, I've gotten it to feel pretty good.

I've been using this across all cars :

Master scale: 40
Fx scale: 64.01
Fy scale: 64.01
Fz scale: 104.00
Mz scale: 92.00

No smoothing at all,and leave the arm angle where it is until you test drive

Body settings leave as they are

Sop scale: 40
Sop lateral scale: 60
Sop differential: 60
Sop damping: 0.0

And I run my on wheel settings pretty much neutral accept for FFB at 80, sen at 530 and drift at +03.

I built my own cockpit for it as well, and I've enjoyed driving in Pcars pretty well.

SGETI
12-07-2015, 16:18
This sounds good. I have been looking for some clean guys to race with from the USA. Currently race GT6 SNAIL league, which all about clean, respectable driving. Also this time zone, I am on the east coast works great. Look forward to some clean races.

PSN ID SGETI

redline2400
27-07-2015, 01:55
Bumping up the thread.

CapnCwby1969
27-07-2015, 21:32
This sounds like a pretty good deal! I am a bad racer, I don't like to join random lobbies. What I mean by saying I am bad, I will race you for last place...I loved the GranTurismo games and ran through them pretty good, until GT6, it bored me. I am a 46 yo PS4 player, I try really hard, and I like to be around like minded gamers. As of right now, I don't run alot--just because of the SUMMER!! (Clink beers!) I joined the WRC and I can't wait to start running with you folks!! So, if you are on here add me!!

Until we see each other on the tracks!!

PSN id is CapnCwby1969
I am in the Central Time Zone
I have a headset
I DON'T have a wheel (yet)

ImStylinOnYaBro
27-07-2015, 22:11
sounds swell. the only draw back is do we HAVE to join that other forums..so many sites to join if we want to participate in leagues or groups of racing :( i do like how its based in the us time zones. 99.9% of euro leagues are just very inconvenient for me.

sig2828
28-07-2015, 02:06
Count me In!!!

PSN: sig2828

redline2400
05-08-2015, 18:09
All are welcome to join. Just head to the site and sign up.