PDA

View Full Version : How much better is the T300 compared to the T100?

muscular
20-05-2015, 19:50
I have owned quite a number of wheels and have a good setup using "apiga" AP2 wheel mount. I used to have the G25, which I later sold and downgraded to a DFGT. Imo the DFGT is a very well priced and well built product. The reason I downgraded is because I really had no use for the shifter and clutch, which I found troublesome when u constantly have to change gears in a sim, perhaps a feat that would be suitable for me later in life when I get better at racing sim games.

Now I have a T100 due to budget constraints, however, the thoughts of owning a T300 always came to my mind, just how much better is it? The reason why im hinting at an upgrade is because the wheel size of the T100 is simply quite small. Granted u can play the game fine, but its just that itch u get to try to upgrade to a better wheel that is bigger and more realistic in real life.

I'm interest to know of opinions from people who have used both, and how much does the FFB differs? Of course, the t300 should be top notch quality, but when u compare the 2 wheel together, the T300 seems like a very over-priced gear, which offers just pedal shifting and of course, no clutch or gearbox at that high-end price. I doubt the extra rotation is going to do too much of a difference because im not going to rotate my wheel that much in the game.

I'm just interested to know how much of a performance upgrade it is, aside from the materials/ built quality upgrade. Much thanks for any input.

LordDRIFT
20-05-2015, 20:17
I haven't taken delivery of the t300 yet but I have the T80 which is really a T100 - FFB. I hate the size, the feel (materials harsh and bite back when driving at 10/10), the buttons on the wheel, cant reach em when I want em - accidentally press em when I don't. The directional pad has really loose tolerance as well - very imprecise. If these things are addressed (some I know are) on the t300 its worth it to me over the t100 (not agreeing that it should be worth $400). All that doesn't take into the account the internal mechanics of the FFB, which will obviously be better.

muscular
21-05-2015, 03:15
Agree with what u have said, and the thrustmaster T80/100 will be underwhelming for those who have owned logitech wheels, whether it is the wheel diameter or the materials, it feels lacking, and also does not help that the design is kind of "bad" as well. I simply question why the T100 wheel has to be that small, when its still plastic. Seems like a marketing strategy to make T300 the only option or anything serious.

GTP_Monkey
21-05-2015, 09:47
The T300 is a major step up from G25 and G27 IMO Force feedback is far superior although some folk dont like the T300 pedals. Go google T300 pedal mods and look for the squash ball breaking method once you got the pedals sorted their fine.

andyscott
21-05-2015, 10:33
Ooooo squash balls! I was just about to pony up for the T3PA-Pro pedals & TH8A shifter- might delay that n give that mod ago!

TBH - I don't mind the pedals that much, there are a little week compared to the quality of the wheel.

IMHO they are only there/included to aid with the sale of the wheel; rather than expecting consumers to buy both as separate units - but maybe I'm being naive!

As for the T100:T300 comparison - I can't offer advice except to say: all my friends are blown away by the FFB on my T300RS and they all mutter concerns about breaking a wrist!

gbm
21-05-2015, 12:13
I currently own the T80, I like it. I just upgraded to the T100, which arrives in a few weeks.

Having said that, haven't all the posts about buggy, non-functioning wheels revolved around the 300? Seems like the T80 and T100 don't have buggy posts.

Just an observation.

atchoo
21-05-2015, 12:22
You could use G25-G27’s pedals with T300 thanks to a RicMotech adapter: www.ricmotech.com/product_p/rmt-t500w2g27p.htm
T300’s pedals are awful.

Awong124
21-05-2015, 15:12
I currently own the T80, I like it. I just upgraded to the T100, which arrives in a few weeks.

Having said that, haven't all the posts about buggy, non-functioning wheels revolved around the 300? Seems like the T80 and T100 don't have buggy posts.

Just an observation.

That's probably a fair assessment, but keep in mind that the T300 and T500 are far more complex wheels. That's no excuse though, as those wheels are so expensive issues with them should be far less common than I see reported. The G25/G27 was pretty much bulletproof. I used mine for 5 or 6 years and never had a single problem. I just got a T300RS though, and I must admit that the performance of the wheel is quite a bit better than the G25/G27. Reliability however, time will tell. Then again, other than the wheel base, everything else about the T300 is inferior to the G27. The wheel is rubbery plastic compared to leather, it doesn't come with a shifter, and the pedals aren't as nice. Those items can be upgraded, but it means I'll have to spend another ~$500 on top of a ~$500 wheel.

You could use G25-G27’s pedals with T300 thanks to a RicMotech adapter: www.ricmotech.com/product_p/rmt-t500w2g27p.htm
T300’s pedals are awful.

I actually find that the T300 pedals are surprisingly not bad. Not great, but not as bad as people make them out to be. I compared the resistances with the G27 pedals side by side, and found them to be comparable. The worst thing I find about them is just that it's difficult to secure them properly without them slipping. I did buy the Ricmotech adapter though, so I'm just using the stock pedals until I receive it.

LordDRIFT
21-05-2015, 17:36

Just an observation.

My T80 randomly disconnects, goes unresponsive and locks up (or the game) all the time.

LordDRIFT
21-05-2015, 17:37
Can anyone comment on the feel and quality of the t80 pedals vs the ones that come with the t300?

atchoo
21-05-2015, 18:15
I compared the resistances with the G27 pedals side by side, and found them to be comparable.

True. I forgot to write I use this brake spring: http://www.gteye.com.au/

muscular
24-05-2015, 16:04
I gotten the T300 in the end, whilst advertising my T100 right now and here are my impressions of the T300/ comparison with the T100.

The T300 has a far better FFB, where u feel almost any and every bump/ oversteer/ understeer on the road, something that the T100 lacks. It made me realize and confirm how poor the T100 is, despite the price. The 270 degrees steering wasn't an issue, but the wheel size and FFB were. The wheel is just too small, plus the FFB seems only like a minor upgrade to T80's spring system, u feel some mechanical resistance and thats it, the wheel does respond to over/under steer but does so subtle-ly and a little "slow".

Perhaps its just me who came from the G27, only to find the T100 completely lackluster, perhaps something I should have anticipated. That said, having a wheel is better than using the DS4.

My only complain is the pedals on the T300RS, they are light, and is quite no different from T100's except for the material, build quality, and a little more pressure to step on.

Martini Da Gasalini
24-05-2015, 16:48
I gotten the T300 in the end, whilst advertising my T100 right now and here are my impressions of the T300/ comparison with the T100.

The T300 has a far better FFB, where u feel almost any and every bump/ oversteer/ understeer on the road, something that the T100 lacks. It made me realize and confirm how poor the T100 is, despite the price. The 270 degrees steering wasn't an issue, but the wheel size and FFB were. The wheel is just too small, plus the FFB seems only like a minor upgrade to T80's spring system, u feel some mechanical resistance and thats it, the wheel does respond to over/under steer but does so subtle-ly and a little "slow".

Perhaps its just me who came from the G27, only to find the T100 completely lackluster, perhaps something I should have anticipated. That said, having a wheel is better than using the DS4.

My only complain is the pedals on the T300RS, they are light, and is quite no different from T100's except for the material, build quality, and a little more pressure to step on.

cool, honest assessment

Carlos81255
24-05-2015, 16:53
Don't start me off on Thrustmasters lol I brought a T300rs and the force feedback stopped working after a couple of days of use but when it was working it was absolutely awesome I must say. But anyway after spending hours on the phone to Thrustmasters re calibrating it and downloading the new firmware they finally come to the conclusion it was faulty and I had to send it back which I did but what they didn't tell me untill I contacted them again is that it would take them over 2 weeks to deliver another one 2 weeks come on in this day and age how can anything take 2 weeks to be delivered so I thought sod it I can't use that DS4 on this game so I ordered a T80 on next day delivery to see me through and the accelerator pedal didn't work on that so I've had to put my racing career on hold due to technical issues lol