PDA

View Full Version : Car tune reset bug in career

FA5Alex
21-05-2015, 02:13
I'm playing project cars on the Xbox One. Anytime in career mode when I press start and choose to return to the pit garage my cars tune gets reset every time. In addition this bug also extends to my wheels force feedback settings. I'm using a thrustmaster tx.

In my opinion this is very close to game breaking for me since it makes getting good lap times very difficult to achieve in a timed session like qualy.

I went through the forum and haven't seen any reports of this and wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this issue and if the developer is aware of it.

Alan Dallas
21-05-2015, 04:13
I'm playing project cars on the Xbox One. Anytime in career mode when I press start and choose to return to the pit garage my cars tune gets reset every time. In addition this bug also extends to my wheels force feedback settings. I'm using a thrustmaster tx.

In my opinion this is very close to game breaking for me since it makes getting good lap times very difficult to achieve in a timed session like qualy.

I went through the forum and haven't seen any reports of this and wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this issue and if the developer is aware of it.
Actually it's been mentioned and brought up multiple times. It's been logged as a known issue as it happens on all platforms.
When you use the return to the pit box, the setup is defaulted to the Saved Setup for that track or the Default If you haven't saved a setup for that track in the My Garage screen.

There's also an issue where the Default setup reapplies itself for your chosen Track/Car combo when you go from Session to Session rather than using the Setup you tweaked from the previous Session.
Work around: Save prefered setups per track in "My Garage". Also for example in Career at the end of Qualifying, continue to the Race session then Exit instead of Racing. Re-enter the race session on the calendar and your saved setup from My Garage should apply itself.

FA5Alex
22-05-2015, 01:31
I've tried that work around. Same thing happens, the tuning gets reset regardless.

Alan Dallas
22-05-2015, 01:37
I've tried that work around. Same thing happens, the tuning gets reset regardless.
When that happens try this work around until we get a fix: "Double save" the setup in My Garage. That is, save the setup, then before you leave My Garage hit the Edit Setup button again. Check to make sure your changes stuck, then Save again. It's been noted to sometimes not save your changes in the My Garage. Doesn't do it for all cars all the time. It's rather random.

FA5Alex
22-05-2015, 19:34
Well I got it to work after I saved to a specific track instead of the blanket save to all tracks. Apparently as long as you save to any number of specific tracks it seems to stick finally. Or maybe it was the double save, I don't really know either way. As long as it remembers.

Anyway though thanks for the replies.