PDA

View Full Version : Blown Away! Car guys Dream game

MakoShark222
21-05-2015, 05:13
Was just about to by Witcher3 after hearing and seeing all the hype about that game...10/10 is an almost got to have kinda game but I'm not really into RPG anymore so I balked. While looking at the game at a few sites I seen Project Cars and since I've always loved a good driving game started to research it more and glad I did.

This imo looks like it could be the 10/10 of racing games for some time to come. I just picked it up a couple hours ago with a new $80 TSR80 wheel. I have so many different types of wheels laying around in my basement its crazy but all were fro PC and I dropped from that mess last Oct when I kicked PC to the curb and went to PS4 for better games/matches.

I mainly play FPS games and have been playing CoD AW since the day it launched (Ranked #6 in the World this month #116 overall) but thats going to change a bit as I start driving my way up the ladder on Project Cars. ;)

I'm a car nut, I own 2 Corvettes and a low mile Ferrari Mondial T and have topped each out on the street! Yeah! On the street! ;):cool:

trancend
21-05-2015, 05:51
Sweet rides. Why didnt u just get CARS for the PC? Were your wheels for the PC any good? CARS was originally designed for the PC and ported over to the PS4, which is why there are so many bugs.

You should return that T80 and for 80 more bucks get a Fanatec GT3 wheel. If u have a G25/27, itll work with their pedals via an included adapter. Otherwise Id get the Clubsport V2 pedals, also by fanatec. Your best bet would be to upgrade your PC with the money needed to buy a newer wheel, since you said you have a lot of PC wheels (Id check the compatibility first).

You seem to be a person of taste by the looks of your car collection. You certainly shouldnt be using that spring based T80. Id stay away from thrustmaster all together, theyre really chincy and overpriced, and everything comes separate, like the pedals and h-shifter.

HyperSportsGear
21-05-2015, 11:50
Welcome to the club :)

MakoShark222
21-05-2015, 13:06
I left PC for fairer play in mainly FPSer games. I always hated blowouts in these type games on PC. Most think mid grade systems can run Ultra setting so they lag to beat the band and are such easy prey. I was always slaughtering guys on PC,its way too easy. I have a super nice rig that needs its crossfired 6800's replaced but I decided to go PS4 instead and now I'll never turn back. The games are so much better on PS4 over PC its almost unbelievable.

No one can lag themselves out by just being dumb. There are still tons and tons of players in CoD AW that don't have a clue what to do or when the best time to do it is so nothing is 100% perfect.

HarryHoodlum
21-05-2015, 13:18
I left PC for fairer play in mainly FPSer games. I always hated blowouts in these type games on PC. Most think mid grade systems can run Ultra setting so they lag to beat the band and are such easy prey. I was always slaughtering guys on PC,its way too easy. I have a super nice rig that needs its crossfired 6800's replaced but I decided to go PS4 instead and now I'll never turn back. The games are so much better on PS4 over PC its almost unbelievable.

No one can lag themselves out by just being dumb. There are still tons and tons of players in CoD AW that don't have a clue what to do or when the best time to do it is so nothing is 100% perfect.

This is true for FPS games. Console allows for a level playing field, which is how real sports/competition are run. Not sure if this would apply in racing though.

Umer Ahmad
21-05-2015, 13:29
You may want to consider also getting project cars for your PC down the line, perhaps if there's a sale. You already have everything needed to run it and arguably the PC version is the highest quality since that is what the WMD communty had access to for 3 years. Some guys have bought pCARS on 2 platforms because they race in various leagues etc.

MakoShark222
21-05-2015, 16:15
Sorry guys I'm finished with PC as far as a gaming platform. Just not worth it for me.

I know its not true 4k but my new 55 inch Samsung un8700 4K, 3D curved upscales everything to 4K. It looks absolutely beautiful :angel: on my PS4 and with very little input lag.

Umer Ahmad
21-05-2015, 16:25
One more pro-PC consideration: project cars 2.0

There are plans to begin work on project cars 2.0, and again i'm sure this will be PC-only. Somif you wish to get in on the "ground floor" and work with these guys building the new game then PC is your gateway to this. It was a great exlerience for me and many other WMD members.

Benja190782
21-05-2015, 19:02
One more pro-PC consideration: project cars 2.0

There are plans to begin work on project cars 2.0, and again i'm sure this will be PC-only. Somif you wish to get in on the "ground floor" and work with these guys building the new game then PC is your gateway to this. It was a great exlerience for me and many other WMD members.

Project CARS 2.0 simply can't be PC-only! The sales from PS4 and Xbox One is MASSIVE!

Atleast I hope not - I know many people want PCARS for the consoles... Just like we want DiRT Rally for PS4 and XB1.

Srt8 300c
21-05-2015, 19:06
Awesome rides!
;)

HarryHoodlum
21-05-2015, 19:13
Project CARS 2.0 simply can't be PC-only! The sales from PS4 and Xbox One is MASSIVE!

Atleast I hope not - I know many people want PCARS for the consoles... Just like we want DiRT Rally for PS4 and XB1.

I think he means WMD

Umer Ahmad
21-05-2015, 19:18

No no, i mean only during the development phase. Of course it will be released to many platforms

MakoShark222
21-05-2015, 22:06
Whats the cheapest I can get 2 high end video cards for? Not one step down cards, Top tier cards ( 980's right now?)? I got more than enough HP to push anything.

See its just not worth it.:no:

pioneer1985
22-05-2015, 00:06
No no, i mean only during the development phase. Of course it will be released to many platforms

They should put out a couple of betas on the ps4 and xbone before the release of the next one.

Umer Ahmad
22-05-2015, 04:37
They should put out a couple of betas on the ps4 and xbone before the release of the next one.
yes, everyone would like to see a different model and hopefully SONY/MSFT will be more open about their policies.

Umer Ahmad
22-05-2015, 04:39
See its just not worth it.:no:
Did I mention there's also a possibility of an Investment angle? Fancy a C7 in your stable?