PDA

View Full Version : Driving UNDER the Map !!

MaXKiLLz
21-05-2015, 05:26
Did you all know you can also drive under the track, even when you don't want to? The game automatically puts you there. I wonder if it's the way it was programmed and is working as intended. It's amazing how many problems I've discovered in only two weeks that were not... Well, you know. :rolleyes:

http://i.imgur.com/aMDSY1U.jpg

AshenShugar
21-05-2015, 05:36
A bit more information would be helpful, never had this happen. So how did this happen?

Did you just drive on the track and suddenly end up there?
Or hit reset car and end there?
Or did you flip over a barrier and end up off map?

Luke Townsend
21-05-2015, 05:59
Yes, more information please, so it can be reproduced and fixed. You know the basics of how 3D games work I assume, with thousands (100s of thousands maybe?) of nets etc. It's possible to have a few holes in them in odd places, especially if you go looking for them off-track. To help get this fixed state where this is and what you were doing when it did. That's if you want to help make this game better? If not then don't post those details and keep on trucking just how you are at the moment.

MaXKiLLz
21-05-2015, 06:56
It was Watkins Glen. Didn't do anything other than hit the Drive button and I found myself falling under the track.

RobMUFC1987
21-05-2015, 07:14
Had this happen at Cadwell Park in Multiplayer in qualifying. Hit drive then go in to a falling animation for 20 seconds or so then randomly land near the end of pitlane. At the end of qualifying just as it was about to load the race, it kicked everyone out of the game to the PS4 dashboard

LADY GEMMA JANE
21-05-2015, 07:25
I have not seen this misfortune yet

Arkymedes
21-05-2015, 07:40
That's what I call underground racing! I love Project CARS!!!

AshenShugar
21-05-2015, 08:18
It was Watkins Glen. Didn't do anything other than hit the Drive button and I found myself falling under the track.

I have done probably 30-40 stints at Watkins Glen in GT3 cars around 500 laps and not encounter this problem. I'll see if i can reproduce in an openwheeler. Guessing you on PC?

Arkymedes
21-05-2015, 08:27
I think in MP this is more easy to spot due to lag? Yesterday I played a game with 22 cars in multiplayer, Formula B, SPA and one of the cars in the starting grid was driving upside down and tilting like a maniac. But it was driving normally with everybody else until suddenly the car did a flip and corrected itself on the track.

Please see the zoomed in part of the screenshot attached.