PDA

View Full Version : No FFB at all on collisions or much of anything else?

DannyPedrosa
21-05-2015, 05:31
T300RS set to PS4.
I have calibrated.
I have tweaked the main slider, the FFB settings, the car settings, etc. for hours.
I have watched the sim video and other videos for help.
I have tried on two completely separate setups.

What I see other people discussing seems to be almost-subjective sensitivity issues.

My issue is much more black and white: if I crash into a wall or car or anything, I feel nothing through the wheel.

I get subtle FFB when driving, but nothing from collisions, curbs, and very little from traction loss etc. The game is unplayable.

I have re-tested these same setups with other top driving games and they work great - those games behave as I expect.

Am i the only one seeing this?

GTAndy36
21-05-2015, 07:55
No. You're not. My friend who's playing on PC has said very similar things. He can't get the FFB to act very naturally at all, especially when compared to games like R3E and AC.

I can get the FFB to work better for me, again that's taken hours of testing. But in no way do I feel like it's perfect.

LPlates
21-05-2015, 09:07
+1

Same issues here but only with the super cars. The Formula Rookie is perfect but in the Maclaren road cars I can turn tyre force and master spindle scale to max and barely feel the rumble of a kerb.

joking_aura
21-05-2015, 10:31
T300RS set to PS4.
I have calibrated.
I have tweaked the main slider, the FFB settings, the car settings, etc. for hours.
I have watched the sim video and other videos for help.
I have tried on two completely separate setups.

What I see other people discussing seems to be almost-subjective sensitivity issues.

My issue is much more black and white: if I crash into a wall or car or anything, I feel nothing through the wheel.

I get subtle FFB when driving, but nothing from collisions, curbs, and very little from traction loss etc. The game is unplayable.

I have re-tested these same setups with other top driving games and they work great - those games behave as I expect.

Am i the only one seeing this?

No. I have the same issue with T300rs. I only get a weak center spring effect sometimes and no information comes from the tires. If I close the game and unplug the usb cable and plug it back in I can feel the effects again. However, my wheel started going crazy last night when I did this. It did not center and was stuck at a 10 o clock position. When I was in the tuning menu the wheel would rock back and forth violently 45 degrees to each side. I have had this wheel feel as is should for only one session all of my other time with this game has been trying to get my wheel to work. I have given up as of last night. This is soo disappointing as I have been looking forward to this game for over a year.

I have searched the forum for an answer, but I am afraid nothing exists. The only thing we can do is wait for them to release a patch or try for a refund. I am leaning towards the latter as I have little confidence this will be resolved any time soon. The list of bugs is just too long to expect this small dev team to provide a quick fix. The most frustrating thing is having others on this forum dismiss the issues as user error since they are not experiencing the issue. I wish the debs would release a statement on what bugs they are working to fix immediately since they will need several patched to address all the issues.

DannyPedrosa
21-05-2015, 16:22
Are you guys sure you're talking about having feedback (weak or strong or anything) when hitting a wall? Does anyone feel anything when hitting a wall in any car?

I feel nothing, ever. Two completely separate hardware setups, same results. Same hardware setups work fine with other PS4 driving games.

C6ckneyGeezer
21-05-2015, 16:44
I have the exact same issue! Ive even re played games on my PC, live for speed, iracing, rfactor 2, dirt 3 and assetto corsa. They all feel soooooo much more natural and playable than Project Cars.

At times I feel a wheel is pointless for this game, most of the time FFB and general feel of the car and road are just not there at ALL!!!!!

C6ckneyGeezer
21-05-2015, 16:59
Also just wanted to say ive even doubled checked I havn't by mistake pulled the plug out or turned the switch off to cause no FFB. But sadly...it was on and plugged in.

Shame how games which are ten years old have more feel than this next gen super dupper "sim".

Zenzic
21-05-2015, 17:34
Well, force feedback and general vibration feedback are two different things. FFB allows me to race better, feeling the grip of the steering axle through the wheel like when driving in real life. Vibration feedback on the other hand is nice to let you know when you're on the curbs, but for me there's no need to have extreme forces like hitting a wall translated through the wheel. Since in such cases the wheel should hit me in the face to be realistic I consider that just a gimmick.

The classic variant in this topic (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24055-Universal-FFB-Settings-for-PS4-XB1-Spreadsheet) offers a nice mix of FFB and rumble with the T100.

DannyPedrosa
21-05-2015, 17:56
+1

Same issues here but only with the super cars. The Formula Rookie is perfect but in the Maclaren road cars I can turn tyre force and master spindle scale to max and barely feel the rumble of a kerb.

LPlates, are you saying that with the Formula Rookie, if you crash into a wall, you feel something (weak, strong, whatever) through FFB to the wheel?

(I don't)

DannyPedrosa
21-05-2015, 17:57
Well, force feedback and general vibration feedback are two different things. FFB allows me to race better, feeling the grip of the steering axle through the wheel like when driving in real life. Vibration feedback on the other hand is nice to let you know when you're on the curbs, but for me there's no need to have extreme forces like hitting a wall translated through the wheel. Since in such cases the wheel should hit me in the face to be realistic I consider that just a gimmick.

The classic variant in this topic (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24055-Universal-FFB-Settings-for-PS4-XB1-Spreadsheet) offers a nice mix of FFB and rumble with the T100.

Ok, I'm asking about "general vibration feedback" or rumble. I crash into a wall or bump a car and I expect some rumble. Does anyone feel this through their wheel?

Fre.Mo
21-05-2015, 18:10
Maybe you have to increase z forces.

C6ckneyGeezer
21-05-2015, 20:41
Tbh, there are so many settings it's so confusing. All these setting should be basicly done during the game being developed! I can understand people tweaking slightly for different wheels but seriously from what I read on here it won't make a difference what wheel you own, default settings are so far off decent it's silly!

Skeme_DBT
22-05-2015, 01:52
This only happens to me if I plug the wheel in before I turn my PS4 on, or if my PS4 goes into rest mode, and then I turn it back on.
The solution is to only plug the wheel on after the PS4 has got to the dashboard.
And if you are tunring the console on after its been in rest mode, just unplug the wheel from the PS4, close the application(the game), and then plug the wheel in again when at the dashboard.

EDIT: OOPS! Youre on PC.
No idea then.
And yeah, I get rumble when crashing into a wall...but not as much as I do in Driveclub.