PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Does this game have random mechanical failur?

spinkick
21-05-2015, 07:11
I see the mechanical failures option but does it ever happen just randomly? That would be realistic that way.. Also does the ai suffer the same failures? (random?). I've had some blown engines but almost always seems like it's from tapping somone. Is the radiator damage a little too sensitive? Do AI suffer that?

Why does the McClaren f1 seem to overhead with some taps to thr front? I see no damage, but I assume the radiator is bent. It's a mid engine car though, the radiator is in the top of the car I think.

Thanks for the insite, excellent sim.

kwithey
21-05-2015, 07:15
had a gearbox blow on me yesterday, and two engines go in go karts. hit nothing, was just out of the blue. Feeling the auto gear box is shifting down too quick and that is blowing the engine. -_- gear box went iffy after i hit a curb too hard so that was fair. :)

TrevorAustin
21-05-2015, 07:35
Yep, under the setting mechanical failures yes or no:)

misterspockyall
21-05-2015, 11:38
I was leading a race in Clio and came in for my mandatory pit stop, across the screen it flashed that I had a battery failure and I was held until they fixed it. Finished 9th haha

TrevorAustin
21-05-2015, 12:25
I still get stuff like that even though I've got mechanical failures off.

spinkick
21-05-2015, 15:16
Are you guys crashing at all before you get those things? Not sure if its random or just due to overrev/damage etc.

TrevorAustin
21-05-2015, 15:29
A battery failure in the pits can't be due to a crash:)

Umer Ahmad
21-05-2015, 15:36
No, i dont think there are any "Random" failures.

We talked about it at WMD but at least for launch it was agreed that probably it would be too frustrating. I thi k all the damage is due to player/driver doing something. Nothing random. So watch your shifting behavior, water/oil temps and those high kerbs and walls!

Casey can tell us for sure though.

misterspockyall
21-05-2015, 15:38
I had clean laps with regard to crashing I should say, no idea regarding temps/etc.

MysterG
21-05-2015, 15:43

We talked about it at WMD but at least for launch it was agreed that probably it would be too frustrating. I thi k all the damage is due to player/driver doing something. Nothing random. So watch your shifting behavior, water/oil temps and those high kerbs and walls!

Yep. I think you are right. It was decided that a potentially race ending random failure would just annoy people far too much.

Umer Ahmad
21-05-2015, 15:46
I had clean laps with regard to crashing I should say, no idea regarding temps/etc.

Ok the pit delays like battery and lost wheel nut i think can be random. Those i would categorize as "delays" not failures. And really i'm not sure how to avoid them.

The real "failures" i am taking about are the damage stuff we do on the track.

TrevorAustin
21-05-2015, 15:57
I worry the lost wheel nuts are handed out by the mods instead of infractions, I've had a lot lately:)

Umer Ahmad
21-05-2015, 16:00
Haha, yeah i can lock your forum account and dumb down your pit crew!

TrevorAustin
21-05-2015, 17:06
Haha, yeah i can lock your forum account and dumb down your pit crew!
I knew it was you all along, you've told my pit engineer to aulk and the crew to drop wheel nuts! Haha

misterspockyall
21-05-2015, 18:20
Right on, thanks all for the clarification!

spinkick
22-05-2015, 00:16

Yeah, I figured that. It'd be nice to see the AI run into their own issues.

As far as the random thing, they should make it an option that you can turn on. It makes things more realistic.

Dutchmountains
22-05-2015, 06:10
Yep. I think you are right. It was decided that a potentially race ending random failure would just annoy people far too much.

Can they make a button to put it on/off, just for people who likes it so realistic as possible?

dwalldorf
22-05-2015, 06:30
Is it true though, that the car sounds change when driving for some time? I drive a lot of Nordschleife and I'm pretty sure that the cars make more (and different) noise after a couple of rounds. Some more squeak and clunk etc. Damage is disabled and it doesn't seem to change anything about the behavior. Or is it just my ears?

Slowsley
24-05-2015, 07:56
I've gotten a puncture twice, well, my ai co-driver did, and I've "lost a clutch" in the pits.

AngelBrow
24-05-2015, 08:59
I had the tinest touch in the beginning of Nordschleife on my front. Half way thru the lap i blow my engine. I thought about pitting at the end of the lap after the touch, cos it was a 3 lap online race. Better to be sure. Everyone blow there engine apart from the pole guy who had a 100% clean lap. Everyone left, he left aswell as 2 laps alone. Boring.... haha.

CSPIKEC
30-05-2015, 08:37
Just been looking through the forums and trying to find something about losing gears during a race it's happened 3 times now twice during online and once in career, I play the game with manual gears, when I come into a chicane or a slow corner and drop down the gears the car has lost drive and I can't select gears I lose about 10-15 seconds then it engages back into gear, it's realistic but bloody annoying especially online.

Roger Prynne
30-05-2015, 11:40
it's realistic but bloody annoying especially online.
That's realism for you mate... ;)

rocafella1978
30-05-2015, 11:49
and that's why you have lobbies with options, on or off, check before entering the online races, same applies for race leagues and buddy races/ racing with friends and for offline, solo, career and etc, same should apply options on or off all the way! i am for 100% realism and surely things/ bugs/ issues will habe to be ironed out over time, but that allows realistic driving, not ******* up clutch, brake, tires, temps and that = meana engine and/ or other mechanical failures!
also think it is great to habe random mechanical failure included again option to on or off! (realistic simulator!!!) would be great! i do know and have friends who share the same wish to have it as realistic as possible.