PDA

View Full Version : I feel cheated....

Pablo2008jedi
21-05-2015, 07:24
I was promised the best driving simulator in PS4. For the player, this may be true, but as a person who spend 90% of their time racing AI.... the AI has an unfair advantage.

AI that doesn't have the same set of rules as the player (Tyre physics, wet track, grass slow down, gravel slow down, no damage(?))

To play the game well I have to, race without changeable weather, have tyre wear off and fuel usage (are AI affected by that?).

Career mode is pointless due to wet weather races (stated above)
Community events are useless, times don't get recorded.

Sorry, but I was so thrilled to see a game like this come to the PS4, I spent many hours watching videos before the release, especially from TeamVVV. It seemed to be perfect, oh how the web of deceit was soo nicely spun.

Only good thing is that I only spent 5, after trading in other games that just gathered dust. Only downside is that it's a digital version that I can not resell ....

the only future I see for myself is TT, once the uploading of times is sorted. But Career mode, the mode I wanted, is doomed without the AI following the same rules as me.

Good luck in the future, but I'll not be buying DLC or pCARS2...

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 07:29
Come on mate, those AI issues (especially tire wear and wet track performance) are already acknowledged by the devs and being looked into.
No need to make yet another thread about this.

JamieF86
21-05-2015, 07:35
just weather with the tyres and AI being over aggressive (learn to drive with them), just get used to it and stop moaning, an try to improve

MysterG
21-05-2015, 07:36
Besides you can alter the AI strength before every race so if they are too good for you (for whatever reason), knock them down a bit.

DragonSyr
21-05-2015, 07:38
@ pablo..

calm down and wait for the next patch , this game is one of the best sims out there...
offcourse there are problems , but for this there is the forum and the devs....
Be patient..

Wootball
21-05-2015, 07:39
Honestly, having put a good few hours into the game and even more doing the FFB settings for all console users, I've had the wind taken completely out of my sails this morning by finding out that the physics don't affect the AI. It's hard to get enthused about the game when I know that I'll have to turn most of the simulation aspects off just to get a fair race.

Pablo2008jedi
21-05-2015, 07:42
Come on mate, those AI issues (especially tire wear and wet track performance) are already acknowledged by the devs and being looked into.

Its been stated the AI don't have the same rules as the player, especially with physics. Tyre wear and wet track is one thing, right now a patch timescale is unknown.

Besides you can alter the AI strength before every race so if they are too good for you (for whatever reason), knock them down a bit.

Yeah I can "cheat" by make the AI easier...but that isn't fun.

Honestly, having put a good few hours into the game and even more doing the FFB settings for all console users, I've had the wind taken completely out of my sails this morning by finding out that the physics don't affect the AI. It's hard to get enthused about the game when I know that I'll have to turn most of the simulation aspects off just to get a fair race.

THIS! If I could resell it the game I would, but I can't as its digital. Once a patch fixes the uploading of TT times, then that is the only mode I'll play.

evanzo7
21-05-2015, 07:43

To be fair these issues should not be there in the first place, Career is a major part of the game and the major part of the career (the racing) shouldn't be broken!

I remember hearing the game was delayed on each occasion due to little bugs, these issues mentioned aren't little bugs, they are quite significant ones. Ones that affect our enjoyment of the game by a large amount!

Great to hear they are getting looked at but really they shouldn't have been in the final release anyway!

MysterG
21-05-2015, 07:47
To be fair these issues should not be there in the first place, Career is a major part of the game and the major part of the career (the racing) shouldn't be broken!

Agreed it would have been great if these issues had been identified and sorted before release, but as it stands career mode is far from 'broken'.

Pablo2008jedi
21-05-2015, 07:51
Agreed it would have been great if these issues had been identified and sorted before release, but as it stands career mode is far from 'broken'.

Accept with wet races and races with mandatory pit stops..its alllll fiiiiinnneeee.

MysterG
21-05-2015, 07:52
Accept with wet races and races with mandatory pit stops..its alllll fiiiiinnneeee.

I did not say that.

It is far from broken.

Pablo2008jedi
21-05-2015, 07:57
I did not say that.

It is far from broken.

Depends on your situation, I want realism. Long races with tyre/fuel management. This is broken for AI, so a 3 hour classic M1 race turns in to a "5 lap get it out the way" race. I'm sick of racing games that only have 5-7 lap "sprint races" (E.g. Grid Autosport) I want a game where I have to manage my concentrations, my speed to get as much life out the tyres etc... to me it's completely broken as AI are unaffected by those things...

DragonSyr
21-05-2015, 07:59
personal view.
I prefer a game with any problems, which continually supported and updated with user guidance
At the end will turn out the best game. See ARMA series

patient.....

Wootball
21-05-2015, 08:01
I did not say that.

It is far from broken.

OK it's not 'broken' but merely 'pointless'. As it stands, the AI doesn't follow the same rules and isn't affected by the same things that the player is. When you take that and add random weather, what you're left with is a career in which you are constantly at a disadvantage unless you turn off everything that we bought the game for - the simulation aspects. Once you've done that, you need to skip any races that have wet weather because it doesn't affect the AI. If you do happen to get a dry race, you then need to skip it if it has mandatory pit stops, or increase the length of the race to take into account the AI cheating on the pit stop...

Look, I genuinely love this game, but this doesn't half ruin what could (and should) have been a great opportunity to get sim racers into living rooms. The only way to get a fair race is to turn off sim aspects and only race in the dry - which effectively leaves us with Forza 5.

Pablo2008jedi
21-05-2015, 08:03
personal view.
I prefer a game with any problems, which continually supported and updated with user guidance
At the end will turn out the best game. See ARMA series

patient.....

Yeah I could have waited 6 months and bought the game cheaper...my bad.

Note to self, don't buy games on release day....

evanzo7
21-05-2015, 08:06

Certain aspects are and some aren't.
Pablo makes a good point about wanting to do longer races but can't due to tyre strategy and fuel etc etc.

You could just do a quick 3-10 laps race and get it done but if you want more of a challenge or something you feel like you can't because of these issues.
Weather is another thing, yes you could turn down the AI to make it easier or to compensate for the disadvantage but first of, we shouldn't have to do that. The game should be able to make it fair on all levels for the user and AI. Secondly, there is no fun in making it easy for yourself!

I love this game so far but it is far from not Broken as well! Needs updates and fast!

MysterG
21-05-2015, 08:07
OK it's not 'broken' but merely 'pointless'. As it stands, the AI doesn't follow the same rules and isn't affected by the same things that the player is. When you take that and add random weather, what you're left with is a career in which you are constantly at a disadvantage unless you turn off everything that we bought the game for - the simulation aspects. Once you've done that, you need to skip any races that have wet weather because it doesn't affect the AI. If you do happen to get a dry race, you then need to skip it if it has mandatory pit stops, or increase the length of the race to take into account the AI cheating on the pit stop...

Look, I genuinely love this game, but this doesn't half ruin what could (and should) have been a great opportunity to get sim racers into living rooms. The only way to get a fair race is to turn off sim aspects and only race in the dry - which effectively leaves us with Forza 5.

Again that is not at all true.
My career is progressing very nicely. I win some races, I lose some races. I have not skipped wet races, I have not altered setups.
Out of the box I'm having fun with a career mode which works very nicely for me. Is it perfect? No.

Pablo2008jedi
21-05-2015, 08:09
Again that is not at all true.
My career is progressing very nicely. I win some races, I lose some races. I have not skipped wet races, I have not altered setups.
Out of the box I'm having fun with a career mode which works very nicely for me. Is it perfect? No.

And your on PC.....

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 08:10
And your on PC.....

Are you implying that those AI issues are console only? If yes, you're wrong.

Pablo2008jedi
21-05-2015, 08:12
Are you implying that those AI issues are console only? If yes, you're wrong.

No, but I believe the console version has more "issues".

evanzo7
21-05-2015, 08:14
And your on PC.....

Game was developed endlessly on PC and not near half as much time was given to the console by the sounds of things!

There has been a lot of chat on the forums about endless issues on the consoles! All silly things that should have been fixed before release!

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 08:14
No, but I believe the console version has more "issues".

Agreed, but those are not part of this AI+career mode thread. At least you didn't mention them in the OP.

MysterG
21-05-2015, 08:17
And your on PC.....

I have it on PS4 too ;)

evanzo7
21-05-2015, 08:17
Agreed, but those are not part of this AI+career mode thread. At least you didn't mention them in the OP.

End of the day there is plenty of bugs in the game, this AI in Career mode is 100% one of them, all you have to do is look through the forums, several others have mentioned it too.
Can't deny it is an issue or defend it.

I am not going to Pablo's extremes, I still love the game and I am going to be playing Online more as I race in leagues but having a bugged out Career certainly shortens the longevity of the game.

Lets just hope it gets sorted soon!

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 08:22
End of the day there is plenty of bugs in the game, this AI in Career mode is 100% one of them, all you have to do is look through the forums, several others have mentioned it too.

I don't deny anything. I know there are issues with the AI tire wear and wet weather performance. But those are known and looked into, so I don't understand why there has to be made a new thread about this every day.
Personally I never had the "AI pitting the last lap and win" issue, maybe because I'm doing 100% race length or I haven't driven the right (or in that case, wrong) series yet. But I don't deny that those issues exist.

MysterG
21-05-2015, 08:22

Nobody is denying it is an issue, just that it is somehow breaking the whole of career mode.

Yes several others have mentioned it, and it has been acknowledged and is being investigated, but several thousand people are not mentioning it ... maybe they are getting along just fine?

mister dog
21-05-2015, 08:28
I've suspended my career until the AI's speed in the wet is patched, but i am also using the opportunity to dial in the game. In the meantime i perfected my camera settings, i am getting to learn how to understand the car's FFB sliders in the tuning menu (with great results), i am trying out the different cars as they are all so.. 'different', i am practicing my skills in the rain (as i haven't practiced that much due to lack off in other sims), and i can setup the occasional quick race to my liking or do a leaderboard challenge.

All of this will make the career mode that much more enjoyable when i resume it, so i would advise you to do the same Pablo. Trying to sell this gem because you have to wait for the career to be ironed out is just silly ;)

madmaz116
21-05-2015, 08:51
I can never understand why people defend a game that clearly does not work as it should. Ok its not unplayable, devs are looking at it blah blah, but that fact remains it doesnt do what it supposed to do, and when people spend their hard earned cash on a product that doesnt work "properly", then i have every sympathy for them when they moan. This happens far too often in this industry, you wouldnt except a car from a dealer that only turns left would you?..no, you'd be onto the dealer in a jiff, you just wouldnt accept it. Sorry he has my full support.

Lazytown
21-05-2015, 08:51
I have played CAREER mode through fully twice on PS4. It is my favorite mode and suits me best. I am pushing for it to be customizable, that is the racer decides and configures their own championships for each tier (see suggestions thread).

I disagree that the AI is not effected by wet weather. I believe everyone's perception of this is false. What you are seeing is a result of the fact that the AI does not make mistakes, ever. They follow the racing line with perfect breaking to get them through the turns. This is true wet or dry. However WET it is much easier for you, human racer, to make mistakes because it is much much harder to drive in the wet (mainly due to loss of traction). So really what people are experiencing is the AI driving without mistakes in all weather conditions BUT noticing it much more in the wet.

It's a perception thing, the AI has no special wet advantages. It's the same advantage they have in the dry. No mistakes.

Tips for wet driving against AI opponents. Use INTERMEDIATE tyres for straight line speed advantage. Drift the corners with aqua-planning. Do not use the racing line, stick to the middle of the track and avoid off track at all costs, even one wheel off will cause you issues. Trick the AI by stopping short and opening then closing a gap on his racing line.

Winning against the AI in the wet? Not possible in my experience without using simulate to end. Getting a fourth, fifth or sixth - definitely doable.

evanzo7
21-05-2015, 08:54
Nobody is denying it is an issue, just that it is somehow breaking the whole of career mode.

Yes several others have mentioned it, and it has been acknowledged and is being investigated, but several thousand people are not mentioning it ... maybe they are getting along just fine?

I don't deny anything. I know there are issues with the AI tire wear and wet weather performance. But those are known and looked into, so I don't understand why there has to be made a new thread about this every day.
Personally I never had the "AI pitting the last lap and win" issue, maybe because I'm doing 100% race length or I haven't driven the right (or in that case, wrong) series yet. But I don't deny that those issues exist.

Deny maybe isn't the right word then but you have acknowledged it but then play it down by saying things like just change the difficulty settings.
Also saying it isn't broken, if these issues exist then it certainly isn't fixed/perfect is it? So it needs to be mended, if it needs to be mended then the likely hood is, it is broken. Not the whole career is but certain aspects are. The majority of the career is fine but the mentioned issue kind of is a bit of a big deal.
Other issues along similar lines the AI going off into gravel traps etc not affecting their speed, what is that all about?!
Just silly little things, its so frustrating because this is the style of game I have wanted for a long long time and it has so much potential but that potential is being hampered!

On a separate issue one of the biggest bugbears I have is not getting to finish your Quali lap online, massive pain in the ass!
Happens in career so why not online?

Wootball
21-05-2015, 08:54
I disagree that the AI is not effected by wet weather.

You're wrong, sorry.

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 09:03
You're wrong, sorry.

No he isn't. The AI just isn't affected enough by wet weather.

Wootball
21-05-2015, 09:08
No he isn't. The AI just isn't affected enough by wet weather.

Ah, that's much better then.

Can we have some explanation of exactly how the AI is affected and what it changes? My opinion of this game is nosediving today having declared it one of my favourite games only a couple of days ago.

lordymatsuo
21-05-2015, 09:15
WOW! I read the first 2 pages of this thread and at the time of posting this there is 4 in total. I just gave up. I have to 100% agree with the OP and everyone making excuses to him that it will be fixed or isnt as bad as he is making it sound needs to lay off, he is entitled to his opinion and quite honestly I played career for 2 hours before getting p***** off with the inconsistency in the AI.

Why should I have to adjust the AI level each race, that's just cheating. I want to set the AI where it's a challenge for me that is level 80, I don't want to win every race but at the same time I expect a consistent challenge at level 80. Sometimes I'll be on the podium, others I'll be last and miles behind. That is just unrealistic. Luckily for me I prefer online play as it's against real players who don;t have some AI issues lol, unluckyily for the OP he is a Solo player by the sounds of it and the game is not living up to what it promised in that department with physics issues and inconsistent AI abilities.

I am well aware patches will come and I am happy to wait but don;t give the OP a bunch of bulls*** excuses. He has experienced the game, had his opinion and most of what he says is true and valid so why so much crap in this thread.

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 09:19
WOW! I read the first 2 pages of this thread and at the time of posting this there is 4 in total. I just gave up. I have to 100% agree with the OP and everyone making excuses to him that it will be fixed or isnt as bad as he is making it sound needs to lay off, he is entitled to his opinion and quite honestly I played career for 2 hours before getting p***** off with the inconsistency in the AI.

Why should I have to adjust the AI level each race, that's just cheating. I want to set the AI where it's a challenge for me that is level 80, I don't want to win every race but at the same time I expect a consistent challenge at level 80. Sometimes I'll be on the podium, others I'll be last and miles behind. That is just unrealistic. Luckily for me I prefer online play as it's against real players who don;t have some AI issues lol, unluckyily for the OP he is a Solo player by the sounds of it and the game is not living up to what it promised in that department with physics issues and inconsistent AI abilities.

I am well aware patches will come and I am happy to wait but don;t give the OP a bunch of bulls*** excuses. He has experienced the game, had his opinion and most of what he says is true and valid so why so much crap in this thread.

So trying to explain why the OP his issues with the AI is crap? Well thanks for the update, I didn't know that...

evanzo7
21-05-2015, 09:19
I have played CAREER mode through fully twice on PS4. It is my favorite mode and suits me best. I am pushing for it to be customizable, that is the racer decides and configures their own championships for each tier (see suggestions thread).

I disagree that the AI is not effected by wet weather. I believe everyone's perception of this is false. What you are seeing is a result of the fact that the AI does not make mistakes, ever. They follow the racing line with perfect breaking to get them through the turns. This is true wet or dry. However WET it is much easier for you, human racer, to make mistakes because it is much much harder to drive in the wet (mainly due to loss of traction). So really what people are experiencing is the AI driving without mistakes in all weather conditions BUT noticing it much more in the wet.

It's a perception thing, the AI has no special wet advantages. It's the same advantage they have in the dry. No mistakes.

Tips for wet driving against AI opponents. Use INTERMEDIATE tyres for straight line speed advantage. Drift the corners with aqua-planning. Do not use the racing line, stick to the middle of the track and avoid off track at all costs, even one wheel off will cause you issues. Trick the AI by stopping short and opening then closing a gap on his racing line.

Winning against the AI in the wet? Not possible in my experience without using simulate to end. Getting a fourth, fifth or sixth - definitely doable.

I disagree with this post!

The weather should first of have an effect on the AI's ability, it does in the dry, they are prone to mistakes, if this doesn't happen in the wet then that takes away their Human element which would be a massive shame!

Also, I have seen videos posted in the forums showing the differences from dry to wet races.
There was one video in particular where the user was 5 seconds or so in-front of the field around Zolder in a classic F1 car and as soon as the rain came down it went tits up. He never made mistakes as such and the AI just came roaring up behind and passed him with no issues.
He then did have the inevitable crashes afterwards though haha!

Sankyo
21-05-2015, 09:21

So the OP's opinion is valid but other opinions that disagree aren't? And saying that it will be fixed is a bulls*** reply in exactly what way?

lordymatsuo
21-05-2015, 09:27
So the OP's opinion is valid but other opinions that disagree aren't? And saying that it will be fixed is a bulls*** replay in exactly what way?

Just read the first page and you will find these quotes, tell me how they are not bulls*** all they are is insulting and telling the guy stop moaning, no need to create another thread, oh alter the AI that will fix it, calm down and wait. How about no! why should he do any of these, they are not opinions, they are direct statements telling him he is wrong or shut up and wait.

"No need to make yet another thread about this"

"just get used to it and stop moaning"

"Besides you can alter the AI strength before every race so if they are too good for you (for whatever reason), knock them down a bit"

"calm down and wait for the next patch , this game is one of the best sims out there... "

GTP_Monkey
21-05-2015, 09:31
I was promised the best driving simulator in PS4. For the player, this may be true, but as a person who spend 90% of their time racing AI.... the AI has an unfair advantage.

AI that doesn't have the same set of rules as the player (Tyre physics, wet track, grass slow down, gravel slow down, no damage(?))

To play the game well I have to, race without changeable weather, have tyre wear off and fuel usage (are AI affected by that?).

Sorry, but I was so thrilled to see a game like this come to the PS4, I spent many hours watching videos before the release, especially from TeamVVV. It seemed to be perfect, oh how the web of deceit was soo nicely spun.

Only good thing is that I only spent 5, after trading in other games that just gathered dust. Only downside is that it's a digital version that I can not resell ....

the only future I see for myself is TT, once the uploading of times is sorted. But Career mode, the mode I wanted, is doomed without the AI following the same rules as me.

I have to agree with you, The career mode has so many bugs its become unplayable for me as it is.

What I find most annoying is all the postponements this game had Because it needed "Polishing and bugs ironing out" We accepted that excuse for a game to be playable and its not.

Not a very happy customer at all.

mister dog
21-05-2015, 09:32
"calm down and wait for the next patch , this game is one of the best sims out there... "
Doesn't sound like BS to me.

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 09:33
Just read the first page and you will find these quotes, tell me how they are not bulls*** all they are is insulting and telling the guy stop moaning, no need to create another thread, oh alter the AI that will fix it, calm down and wait. How about no! why should he do any of these, they are not opinions, they are direct statements telling him he is wrong or shut up and wait.

"No need to make yet another thread about this"

"just get used to it and stop moaning"

"Besides you can alter the AI strength before every race so if they are too good for you (for whatever reason), knock them down a bit"

What you must understand is that if an issue is already stated 99 times, it won't get fixed faster if you open the 100th thread about this.

My personal opinion: The only thing I can do in those cases is telling you that it's known and will be fixed in due time. Honestly, what other answers do you expect from the devs or WMD members?

evanzo7
21-05-2015, 09:41
What you must understand is that if an issue is already stated 99 times, it won't get fixed faster if you open the 100th thread about this.

My personal opinion: The only thing I can do in those cases is telling you that it's known and will be fixed in due time. Honestly, what other answers do you expect from the devs or WMD members?

An apology and to not undermine people by telling them just to make the AI easier? haha!
After all we have endured delay after delay after delay (and so on) to get a bug free game.
We pay our money and are then presented with a buggy game!

lordymatsuo
21-05-2015, 09:44

There are nicer ways of saying things

"No need to make yet another thread about this" COULD HAVE BEEN "hey this has been reported lots, the devs are aware"

"just get used to it and stop moaning" COULD HAVE BEEN "no alternative this is just unnecessary"

"Besides you can alter the AI strength before every race so if they are too good for you (for whatever reason), knock them down a bit" THIS ONE IS OK, but suggesting a work around as a solution is ok if it's acknowledged there is a problem and a longer term fix being worked on.

"calm down and wait for the next patch , this game is one of the best sims out there... " COULD HAVE BEEN "next patch will hopefulyl fix it" No Need for the CALM DOWN!!! statement

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 09:54
There are nicer ways of saying things

"No need to make yet another thread about this" COULD HAVE BEEN "hey this has been reported lots, the devs are aware"

"just get used to it and stop moaning" COULD HAVE BEEN "no alternative this is just unnecessary"

"Besides you can alter the AI strength before every race so if they are too good for you (for whatever reason), knock them down a bit" THIS ONE IS OK, but suggesting a work around as a solution is ok if it's acknowledged there is a problem and a longer term fix being worked on.

"calm down and wait for the next patch , this game is one of the best sims out there... " COULD HAVE BEEN "next patch will hopefulyl fix it" No Need for the CALM DOWN!!! statement

You know, when you've read dozens of threads about the same issues, most of them in a tone I dare to quote here you (unfortunately) start to alter your own tone a bit.

You're (not you personally) expecting an 100% understanding answer, but at the same time start a thread with

"I feel cheated" COULD HAVE BEEN "Career AI issues"
"Career mode is pointless" COULD HAVE BEEN "There's problems with the AI in wet races, is this known?"
"Community events are useless" COULD HAVE BEEN "Events laptimes are not uploaded correctly"
"Only good thing is that I only spent 5" COULD HAVE BEEN LEFT OUT
"Career mode [...] is doomed" COULD HAVE BEEN "I can't enjoy the career mode as I'd like to right now"

As I wrote in another thread: You reap what you sow.

KK78
21-05-2015, 10:27
Jeez it's another one of these... Ok so that sounds glib but at this point I'm rather dispondent seeing continual threads saying the same damn things. I own this game, I've put approx 40 hours in so far and it has issues, some would say many, some would say few but the fact it has them is not in question. Therefore it falls upon the contributors to this forum to show some maturity and some forethought before posting yet another thread about the same issues, the same issues we have been told are been looked into and the same issues that will be addressed in future patches.

Now I'm not saying people should not be able to vent and complain, they should that is their right but if someone tries telling you a story you have heard before, again and again, you'd get pretty peeved. There ARE already threads where people can sound off, there ARE already threads where you can highlight and discuss problems and hell there is even a thread with an apparent direct line to the devs where specific issues can be outlined/addressed in a sensible and reasoned manner. And guess what? the mods (who are giving up their spare time) are here to keep the forum in line not give you answers direct from SlightlyMad nor should the be called out because posters go out of their way to interpret what mods say negatively. In my opinion the mods are way too soft here, I am a mod on other gaming forums and half of the threads in this one would not exist as they are like ground hog day, often pushing genuinely interesting threads out of the limelight.

Whilst it is vital that people have a voice I'd question whether each and every individual needs an individual thread to say the same things, each and every time they feel morally outraged that a video game in 2015 has some issues. Gamers are consumers and consumers have a right to complain but when I hear people spouting s**t like 'this game is broken' or 'fix this f*****g game' I think more and more what a bunch of children many gamers are.

Now I will caveat this that Pablo, the original poster in this thread has been reasonable, he is someone who is generally measured from what I have seen so I'm sorry I have chosen his thread to make my thoughts known but seriously people unless you want to drive this forum into the ground with negativity think before you post and keep the pitchforks tucked away until something really bad happens. As it stands the game is not broken, not even close and with some future tweaks it will be better. Conversely if you don't want such trauma with games in future don't buy them until well after launch, no one can claim this scenario is new in videogames and that should not be the case, it is and is it here to stay.

Play nice :)

copes24
21-05-2015, 10:30
I have to agree about the AI. Did they think people wouldn't notice? Even Gran Turismo has AI affected by tyre wear and weather.

Career mode is pointless anyway. A lazy effort. A few social media style messages on the side of the menu does not make a career mode. Where's the season goals, rivalry between drivers/teams?

I love the driving though and I'm having a lot of fun time trialling.

JedPB67
21-05-2015, 10:39
And your on PC.....

I'm on PS4 and haven't suffered any of thoe issues you've mentioned. I've not yet had a wet race, but a few wet prctice sessions in career and some I can top and some I'm only just in the top 5/10.

MysterG
21-05-2015, 10:44
And guess what? the mods (who are giving up their spare time) are here to keep the forum in line not give you answers direct from SlightlyMad nor should the be called out because posters go out of their way to interpret what mods say negatively. In my opinion the mods are way too soft here, I am a mod on other gaming forums and half of the threads in this one would not exist as they are like ground hog day, often pushing genuinely interesting threads out of the limelight.

Just to say, (I don't know what site you moderate), but being the official forum, we have to tread a fine line.
Start locking or deleting too much stuff and SMS will be accused of censorship, and trying to silence people.
I don't think this place is too bad all things considered.

KK78
21-05-2015, 10:51
Just to say, (I don't know what site you moderate), but being the official forum, we have to tread a fine line.
Start locking or deleting too much stuff and SMS will be accused of censorship, and trying to silence people.
I don't think this place is too bad all things considered.

I understand that entirely, the sites I manage are not official and I don't advocate deleting stuff, typically a chunk of the stuff here would be merged into one as multiple threads on the same thing does not encourage people to return. My point was to highlight that we are lucky to have an official forum and it would be nice if posters sometimes had a think to see if their thoughts are already covered in another thread and post there or in some cases whether they need to calm down a bit before posting.

HyperSportsGear
21-05-2015, 11:42
I'm a little disappointed that the PS4 version crashes, especially after waiting, and waiting and waiting after pre-ordering for the game to be released.

It's good to know that the devs will look into the problems, and I'm certain patches to fix reported problems will be released soon.

Patience is the key. It will happen!

djdavedoc
21-05-2015, 12:12
There are a few things that bug me and yes do spoil the experience a little bit.

1) Rolling Starts (I have experienced this only with Karts) If I am in Pole Position, the AI car will start the race AHEAD of me!!
2) AI Cars are definitely immune to being off the track in Gravel, Dust or Dirt. It doesn't slow them down at all or seem to unsettle their car/kart. Same when they run over high curbs, they can do that for fun and straight line some chicanes like at that Kart Track (Chesterfield?) which has Three Chicanes in a row. If I try and straight line it I will spin. I followed an AI Kart doing the same thing and it just sailed straight through!
3) Collisions with AI Drivers will often see you being dragged away with them!
4) I agree with the main poster about Wet Weather not seemingly affecting the AI.

rocafella1978
21-05-2015, 14:10
I've suspended my career until the AI's speed in the wet is patched, but i am also using the opportunity to dial in the game. In the meantime i perfected my camera settings, i am getting to learn how to understand the car's FFB sliders in the tuning menu (with great results), i am trying out the different cars as they are all so.. 'different', i am practicing my skills in the rain (as i haven't practiced that much due to lack off in other sims), and i can setup the occasional quick race to my liking or do a leaderboard challenge.

All of this will make the career mode that much more enjoyable when i resume it, so i would advise you to do the same Pablo. Trying to sell this gem because you have to wait for the career to be ironed out is just silly ;)

same here! :) suspended career mode. will resume when patched and fixed, for now enjoying short races with weather mixing and testing, like a BETA tester :) I still think this game is beautifully done, wonderful and absolutely best racing sim in a long time. at least for me, since my last favorite game was Microprose Grand Prix series :triumphant:

just try to enjoy the game, post as many bugs, glitches, problems and errors as you can to help this community, the devs and other players to get this patched and make the game even better over time!

jdmnsprd
21-05-2015, 16:36
I understand that entirely, the sites I manage are not official and I don't advocate deleting stuff, typically a chunk of the stuff here would be merged into one as multiple threads on the same thing does not encourage people to return. My point was to highlight that we are lucky to have an official forum and it would be nice if posters sometimes had a think to see if their thoughts are already covered in another thread and post there or in some cases whether they need to calm down a bit before posting.

Lucky to have a forum for a broken game? The game is called project community assissted racing simulation and I hope there's more threads like this we the people who paid can say what we experience HOWEVER we feel because the customer is always right and are not going to look through dozens of threads to see if someone else has shared the same sentiment as mine Because everybody has their own experiences with project cars and so far it's been good and bad but mostly bad

TheStigsCanadianCousin
21-05-2015, 16:43
Still better than Driveclub at launch :P

Umer Ahmad
21-05-2015, 16:53
Because everybody has their own experiences with project cars and so far it's been good and bad but MINE HAS BEEN mostly bad
fixed it for you. Better if we all just avoid generalizations

t0daY
21-05-2015, 17:12
You know, when you've read dozens of threads about the same issues, most of them in a tone I dare to quote here you (unfortunately) start to alter your own tone a bit.

You're (not you personally) expecting an 100% understanding answer, but at the same time start a thread with

"I feel cheated" COULD HAVE BEEN "Career AI issues"
"Career mode is pointless" COULD HAVE BEEN "There's problems with the AI in wet races, is this known?"
"Community events are useless" COULD HAVE BEEN "Events laptimes are not uploaded correctly"
"Only good thing is that I only spent 5" COULD HAVE BEEN LEFT OUT
"Career mode [...] is doomed" COULD HAVE BEEN "I can't enjoy the career mode as I'd like to right now"

As I wrote in another thread: You reap what you sow.

Made my day!! Agree to 100% :)

Guys just calm down, wait for the patches and everything will be fine :)

DragonSyr
21-05-2015, 18:18
Made my day!! Agree to 100% :)

Guys just calm down, wait for the patches and everything will be fine :)

++1

awaite85
21-05-2015, 18:22
There will never ever be a 100% perfect game day of release ever again. Hasn't been for a while. That's what the industry has moved towards. Companies want these games rushed out ASAP.

jdmnsprd
21-05-2015, 18:33
fixed it for you. Better if we all just avoid generalizations

With the amounts of threads being made about all the bugs and issues in this game no need to change what I said smh you can't even say what you want in this forum withought someone feeling the need to be self righteous and changing what u originally said

roberto81
21-05-2015, 18:37
the game is fundermentally broken in many aspects and seems some mods are very defensive about the game and see it as a personal insult to say the game has problems, it has problems a lot of problems makes the gt series 5-6 bugs look like nothing compared to what we see in this game, I want to like p cars but with all the bugs broken parts it's not the game i was told it would be in its current state, we will learn not to buy games on release soon as they are never bug free or in anyway complete to how they state it will be

Umer Ahmad
21-05-2015, 18:40
With the amounts of threads being made about all the bugs and issues in this game no need to change what I said smh you can't even say what you want in this forum withought someone feeling the need to be self righteous and changing what u originally said
And you are not self-righteous to say that for everyone it is mostly bad? Come on man, look in the mirror. All i said is to only represent your opinion, dont talk about other people. Maybe they really have a good experience so far. Definitely i see people having good experience in this forum already.

Bouyo
21-05-2015, 19:05

I love the AI at 100: they teach you where the racing lines are, and importantly just how fast you can ACTUALLY take these corners. After learning from them I'm able to beat them. I like that they don't make mistakes, that's what it's all about! I feel like it's valuable to have these 'experts' who, even if they don't go by the same physics model, certainly seem to set 'realistic' lap times.

EDIT: I thinks it's almost impossible to beat AI at 100 with a controller. I use a wheel and can't imagine how one would be consistent enough without it.

pa_pinkelman
21-05-2015, 19:27
I have to agree about the AI. Did they think people wouldn't notice? Even Gran Turismo has AI affected by tyre wear and weather.

Career mode is pointless anyway. A lazy effort. A few social media style messages on the side of the menu does not make a career mode. Where's the season goals, rivalry between drivers/teams?

I love the driving though and I'm having a lot of fun time trialling.

The worst thing being the scripted weather, making multiple seasons in the same class rather pointless. One of the worst possible decisions made with this game.

pa_pinkelman
21-05-2015, 19:38
And you are not self-righteous to say that for everyone it is mostly bad? Come on man, look in the mirror. All i said is to only represent your opinion, dont talk about other people. Maybe they really have a good experience so far. Definitely i see people having good experience in this forum already.

It is the tone that makes the music, there's something in your tone that isn't right for a moderator at an official game-forum imo.
My advice is don't let yourself being dragged into discussions, just moderate the forums.

KK78
21-05-2015, 20:03
Lucky to have a forum for a broken game? The game is called project community assissted racing simulation and I hope there's more threads like this we the people who paid can say what we experience HOWEVER we feel because the customer is always right and are not going to look through dozens of threads to see if someone else has shared the same sentiment as mine Because everybody has their own experiences with project cars and so far it's been good and bad but mostly bad

I'll be honest, I've read your post several times and I can't understand what you mean, the only thing is I can make out is you think the game is good, bad and broken? And that you'd like more threads where people point out the flaws which have already been aired many time already?

I fail to see the benefit personally but everyone has their own opinion. If I find an issue I'll look to see if anyone else has before posting or even better I'll look in the thread set out to report issues- since that's likely one of the few the devs will get chance to look at I'll wager there is more use in putting it in there.

Ofuscor
21-05-2015, 21:09
People are angry because they bought a full game and got a Beta. Im pretty sure most of the things on the list down below were known before the game was launched. As a customer you start to wonder what the hell was the QA team doing. But its probably corporate greed as always. But you can buy the DLC guys!

Its NOT an excuse that there have been buggier games at lunch. It is no excuse that the industry standard has been really bad. Im sorry for being upset for being seen as a way of saving on testing. These are just the one I noticed. Do you think is acceptable? I dont.

Graphic Glichs during replays
Inconsistent AI difficulty
Server Issues
Sound Issues
Game Crashes
AI Cars ghosting
Bad controller support
AI driving way too fast on grass and gravel
AI driving too fast on rain
AI being able to predict the weather
AI Accelerated times and skip to end of session not being consistent with AI difficulty
AI being way too slow on some tracks/cars.
Sticky car to car contact physics
Ford Escort physics.
"Realistic" Damage not being realistic at all.
Game locking almost all features the first time you start it.

beagea
21-05-2015, 21:29
Thing is Bealdor, we were promised the best driving game ever and that is not what we have got, I could seriously sit here for the next 10 minutes rolling out all the things where this game is not what was promised of which there so, so many.

The fact that playing Pcars on XB1 is by no way fun or competitive, it is a game that is still a work in progress and should never have brought to the public for use. SMS should be embarrassed to have conned people in to paying good money for a game that as far I can see will still be needing improvements for the next 4/5 months, such a shame a crying shame.

I know these things for a fact as one of our friends who never ever complains about any of the game we play even when they are rubbish, yet Pcars has yet to make him happy, which must mean there are serious issues with the game.

gotdirt410sprintcar
21-05-2015, 21:52
Thing is Bealdor, we were promised the best driving game ever and that is not what we have got, I could seriously sit here for the next 10 minutes rolling out all the things where this game is not what was promised of which there so, so many.

The fact that playing Pcars on XB1 is by no way fun or competitive, it is a game that is still a work in progress and should never have brought to the public for use. SMS should be embarrassed to have conned people in to paying good money for a game that as far I can see will still be needing improvements for the next 4/5 months, such a shame a crying shame.

I know these things for a fact as one of our friends who never ever complains about any of the game we play even when they are rubbish, yet Pcars has yet to make him happy, which must mean there are serious issues with the game.
Cry us a river what gt6 any better NO forza any better NO like I said cry us a river trade the game in then when its fixed go buy it again makes no sense, but wait to they fix it and im sure you will be happy .

Skeme_DBT
22-05-2015, 02:13
the only future I see for myself is TT, once the uploading of times is sorted.

There are no issues with the uploading of times in TT.
You just have to wait 10-20 mins after exiting the track.

PeteRok333
22-05-2015, 03:35
Wow!?!?! Had no idea the AI had this advantage. I completed a 2hr race(1st 24hr LeMans invite) with the LMP1 class and the AI was pitting with every class car giving me the upper hand in the long run. Sure the game has it's AI bugs but I take'em as challenge, all in all I'm loving this game so far.

beer_n_frites
22-05-2015, 03:48

Why's it on the known issues thread then?

hitmanvega
22-05-2015, 04:39
Love this game....bugs and all!!!!!

FoxMulder
22-05-2015, 04:50
You love the bugs? :confused:

MakoShark222
22-05-2015, 06:04

I really like to see you 13 yr olds finish your career with in the 1st 2 weeks of release!:glee: Just think the crow you'll have to eat every time you ever post ANYTHING on this forum if for some reason you decide to stay cause you said you liked good driving games. Guess you could do a new email and setup a new account and hide behind it after you wake up.:triumphant:

Pablo2008jedi
22-05-2015, 06:52
I really like to see you 13 yr olds finish your career with in the 1st 2 weeks of release!:glee: Just think the crow you'll have to eat every time you ever post ANYTHING on this forum if for some reason you decide to stay cause you said you liked good driving games. Guess you could do a new email and setup a new account and hide behind it after you wake up.:triumphant:

I'm 39 yrs old, work hard for a living, have very limited game time and want to have fun playing games. pCARS is not fun due to its issues.

Edit: I ain't hiding, I'm voicing my opinion that is not buried in 13 other threads. SMS need to understand how unhappy people are. With no official announcement of a patch date and don't say its "on the cards" or "in development". There will be a plan, with timescales. I'd rather see something and hear of a date slip, than hear nothing at all.

SMS haven't even apologised for the state of the game on consoles. It's been made very clear it was "too expensive" to do closed beta with them. WMD guys only tested PC, maybe a few where lucky at some point to test on consoles. But console portion of the game didn't receive the same focus in test. You also can't say Sony or Microsoft "tested" it, yes they have rules for getting stuff on their platform, but they do NOT test games. The test deployment, they test that it doesn't break their system.

Sankyo
22-05-2015, 07:20
the game is fundermentally broken in many aspects ...
How do you know it's 'fundamentally broken' instead of it just being a bug that can be fixed relatively easily? 'Fundamentally broken' means that a partial redesign of the game is required, 'bug' means fixing or adding some code or changing some parameter values.

hitmanvega
22-05-2015, 07:27
You love the bugs? :confused:
Love the game...! Bugs are not a game breaker for me.

DragonSyr
22-05-2015, 08:04

no issues for me , the times updated instantly (from the release til westerday). i dont have to wait 10-20 mins.

edit: @hitmanvega +1

bataleon
22-05-2015, 09:18
If this game had been released with only one car - M1 Procar, and one track - Nordschleife, I'd still be happy! Love love love it. Bug fixes will come soon enough, ain't no thang :)

piblus
22-05-2015, 10:02

I have been waiting for days and still didnt upload. Plenty reported this aswell so it is issue.
This is never allright when game is delayed so many times and then you get product with known issues and you pay 60E for that on consoles, im preety sure if i paid 20-25E for pc ver i wouldnt mind waiting for patch.

CopperySinger5
22-05-2015, 11:03
when the Ai skill is lowered, they become less competitive. It is better to have them to react realistically to weather changes. full throttle out of corners on wet tracks is not realistic, also formulaA AI driver with no headlights has night vision on 24 hour lemans; also not realistic imo. I enjoy racing with the AI on a sunny settings, but I want to see more AI spinouts and slower cornering; but with same skill level in the rain. I'm confident they can fix this because it is a good solid racing game overall.