PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 1 browser workaround

DECATUR PLAYA
21-05-2015, 08:22
First and foremost I love the game. Thank you SMS.

Right now playing the game is completely awesome and would be even more awesome if we had a server browser on Xbox 1. I am aware of the issues with the browser at this point and I thought up a very simple fix. If this has been addressed in these forums then disregard this thread but he're is what I thought we could do while we wait for a in game fix. Why can't we just use the forum as a browser and direct racers here to see when and who is racing. This could be done in 1 of 2 ways or maybe a combination of the 2.

1) I don't no how complicated this would be for SMS but why not create a browser thread here until we can get a fix and maybe the browser issue could be put on a backburner while you guys solve some of your more complicated problems. Direct all the racers here to find races. It's as simple as a Google search on your cell phone to find public races. You guys list host name and then guys can just enter the host gamertag and join from there.

2) This is much more simple. Use this thread for racers that want to run a room and then the racers list their gamertag, what time they run, what the specs are on the room and so on. It will go something like this. This is the room I have been running all week.

Gamertag: DECATUR PLAYA
System: Xbox 1

My group normally races at around midnight EST. We are a group that is learning the game but take our racing seriously. We race hard but clean. If your new to game this is a room you can learn in as most of us are still learning ourselves. Our race specs are relaxed but will become a little stiffer over time. They are as follows.

Practice1) 15 mins
Practice2) no practice
Qualifying) 5 mins
Warm-up) no

Automatic transmission allowed
Nothing forced as in manual clutch
Assists allowed
No Damage
No Failures
We will be running with at least failures soon to make things interesting.

We have a strong community on Xbox guys it's the reason I stayed with Xbox. Hope this helps.

See you on the track.

Royall58
21-05-2015, 08:51
Great idea! Hope it kicks off, I wouldn't mind joining a game sometime.

DECATUR PLAYA
21-05-2015, 15:27
Great idea! Hope it kicks off, I wouldn't mind joining a game sometime.

You can join my room anytime. Did some pretty good racing last night. Got into a full formula c room at Imola with damage and failures and came in 3rd. I hosted a couple of rooms with 6 to 7 people that were pretty good races. Online has got a few issues but overall it is just as amazing as the rest of the game. That full room that I was in actually finished with 12 guys.

I wanted to add when my group runs the cars and tracks vary. If u got a Mic we do take request for car and track. I have yet to find a car or track that I don't like with the exception of the Clio cup car. You can have that lawnmower.

bc525
21-05-2015, 15:49
I'll keep you guys in mind. My XBL gamertag is bc525.

Right now I'm kind of struggling to come to grips with PCARS so I'm staying with free practice sessions, time trials, and offline races. But as I get more comfortable I'll start testing the waters in some online racing.

DECATUR PLAYA
21-05-2015, 16:46
Don't be scared to test the online waters. I find that seeing other guys are as screwed up as much as you helps ease your tension with the game also when you see a real user do it right then you start to believe that you can to. Trust me in most public rooms you can race with 10 guys if you can get around the track without wrecking or spinning to bad I guarantee you a top 5 finish and believe it or not the cars are very stable on the track and can take some pretty good bumps just not in the apex of turns which shouldn't be done to you anyway that's dirty racing for a professional.

turbohondaej1
21-05-2015, 17:08
You can join my room anytime. Did some pretty good racing last night. Got into a full formula c room at Imola with damage and failures and came in 3rd. I hosted a couple of rooms with 6 to 7 people that were pretty good races. Online has got a few issues but overall it is just as amazing as the rest of the game. That full room that I was in actually finished with 12 guys.

I wanted to add when my group runs the cars and tracks vary. If u got a Mic we do take request for car and track. I have yet to find a car or track that I don't like with the exception of the Clio cup car. You can have that lawnmower.

Ive been in some good races with that car online I know it's slow but can be fun with alot of people who are around your driving times.

DECATUR PLAYA
21-05-2015, 18:58
It's a fun car not knocking it.

Ch1ps N Queso
21-05-2015, 20:38
Good luck with things. My only suggestion to your format would be make Quali 20 minutes instead of fiddling around with practice. Your group can practice and quali at the same time, not to mention get more time on track during quali to deal with traffic.

I've also found a 5 minute warmup is useful for folks to make last minute changes and take a piss. (provided you're doing longer races)

DECATUR PLAYA
21-05-2015, 21:26
The qualifying idea is good. Was in a room like that last night now I understand. With qualifying the tires are warm at the beginning of a race if im not mistaken. Warm tires make for better racing for us beginners. Cold tires makes that first turn a nightmare with new guys.