PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistent feedback from track

Praggia
21-05-2015, 08:48
I am not sure if anyone else experienced this but on most tracks especially ones with long/longish turns there seems to be inconsistent feedback or grip from the track. Tyres are warmed up but I consistently get understeer or oversteer when keeping the car at a steady pace through a turn. Playing with a controller makes it even worse.

I think its a bug in the game. I have watched countless hours of racing and have never seen this happen in a car. The car will suddenly lose grip at the front end causing understeer which forces you to back off the throttle or regain grip out of nowhere and forces you to correct the steering angle.

Very frustrating. Anyone else experience this ?

lordymatsuo
21-05-2015, 09:05
could be part of the tyre wear physics maybe?

madmax2069
21-05-2015, 09:16
could be part of the tyre wear physics maybe?

It very well could be

Just like the 250cc karts like to pull to one side when the tires are cold once you reacj a certain speed (even on a straight with no input from the controller), then after a couple turns the kart no longer pulls to one side and will actually go straight.

lordymatsuo
21-05-2015, 09:21
To be honest the only fix I have found to inconsistent physics is to have some aids turned on. I normally race games with everything off but for now I have to keep traction and stability control on just to overcome the inconsistency the physics are causing. I agree issues happen when tyres are worn, or cold etc but for me anyway they are a bit sporadic to say the least and with no tyre wear indicator we will never know if it is tyres or some other factor. I also wrote a post about strange physics with rain, when it starts to rain the track gradually gets wet and the tyres gradually lose grip but in my testing when it stops raining the track is still wet yet I have full grip again.

There is definite issues with physics.

Robhd
21-05-2015, 09:36
I have noticed a level of inconsistency with the grip level... I wondered if it was a the tyres came back to you when you backed off from pushing hard for awhile?

It would be useful to have some idea of the state of the tyres during the race, but its a minor thing at most, i am sure the devs have bigger fish to fry at the minute.