PDA

View Full Version : Possible bug?

Fearless1885
21-05-2015, 09:02
Hi guys, apologies if this is in the wrong place or maybe not even a bug at all but i thought id share in anyway.

How do i upload the video so it just plays in the text box without having to click on it? :/

https://youtu.be/x1RhS_S65bY

This recording is shorter than it would be due to Teamspeak being over the top, i havent set my PC for recording properly yet!

Driving along, somehow I ran out of petrol whilst the guy I was racing with finished another 3 laps driving the same car. (Is there a particular reason for this?)

You can hear the engine pretty much sound like its about to blow up in all camera angles but one, i have no fuel in the car so technically the engine wouldn't even be on unless a clutch issue then there would be smoke all over the place and the engine would then blow up lol.

TrevorAustin
21-05-2015, 11:22
Probably started with more than you? Did you change this before you're race or during pitstop, caught me out a few times too:)

Pamellaaa
21-05-2015, 11:32
Driving along, somehow I ran out of petrol whilst the guy I was racing with finished another 3 laps driving the same car. (Is there a particular reason for this?)

Could be any number or reasons ranging from starting with different amounts or fuel, different amounts added at pit stops, different setups (more aero, brake ducts and radiator openings will reduce fuel consumption, tyre pressures will also make a difference) or different driving styles.

There are so many things that could affect this that its unlikely to be one single issue.

Fearless1885
21-05-2015, 13:30
Could be any number or reasons ranging from starting with different amounts or fuel, different amounts added at pit stops, different setups (more aero, brake ducts and radiator openings will reduce fuel consumption, tyre pressures will also make a difference) or different driving styles.

There are so many things that could affect this that its unlikely to be one single issue.

Oh really!? I'm not sure how indepth the game is. There may be, but i havent see any laws of what goes on and how things are affected are they in the manual?

Pamellaaa
21-05-2015, 13:56
Oh really!? I'm not sure how indepth the game is. There may be, but i havent see any laws of what goes on and how things are affected are they in the manual?

There are a huge number of things modeled, probably far more than I have listed.

Someone from WMD or the Dev team will be able to give you more detail I imagine but I would suggest reading through this (http://en.pcars.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Physics) to get a feel for some of the incredible levels of details that are modeled and that could possibly affect fuel consumption.