PDA

View Full Version : T500 pedal brake mod tip

CPS-3
21-05-2015, 09:02
The T500 pedals don't have the same brake mod included as the stand alone pedals T3PA and T3PA PRO, called the conical brake mod.
I came across this website http://thebrakemod.com and it is the same i believe.
But they ask a lot of money for that rubber stop, so i went to search online and came across another company which sells different sizes for a good price. http://www.kippusa.com/us/en/News/NEW-Product-Innovations/26110-Rubber-impact-bufferparabolic.html On that website i saw there is no price next to the product but when i selected my own country the prices were around 1 €, so that's nothing.
I'm going to order 20 mm, 30 and 35 and see whats best.
The rubber must be used with the realistic brake mod which was included with your pedals. Take away the standard rubber and the spring and screw the rubber stop in, note that the rubberstops don't have the same thread size so you have figure out something.

Another forum member said this to me in another topic about the size of the rubber that came standard with his T3PA PRO

Standard T3pa pedals. My mod is already installed and working perfectly, so didn't want to detach to measure (which would be more accurate). This may be out by a mm or so:

H: 25mm
L: 20mm
D: 25mm

Noksi
21-05-2015, 10:29
Don't know that mod, what I'm using is the basher and I'm highly satisfied:

http://www.basherboards.com/T500RS-BMK

CPS-3
21-05-2015, 10:49
I know that mod too, but I heard some positive things about the conical mod as well, and since the price is much lower I'm going g to give this one a try first.

Noksi
21-05-2015, 11:34
Do the current T500RS pedals still come with a brake mod ? Mine had something which looked close to the one from the link you posted.

Felt to plastic to me, therefore I went with the basher mod.

CPS-3
21-05-2015, 12:06
With the current version T500 pedals, the realistic brake mod is included, that's what you see in the "thebrakemod.com" link in step 1 and 2. But instead of using the standard squared shape rubber with spring u use the conical rubber. It's all in the first post.

Noksi
21-05-2015, 12:35
Sorry, for me they look the same.

BistoKid
21-05-2015, 15:50
As you are talking about brake mods, are any of you aware of one that would work for T300RS by any chance? Sorry to hijack your thread OP ;)

Fre.Mo
21-05-2015, 16:43
With the current version T500 pedals, the realistic brake mod is included, that's what you see in the "thebrakemod.com" link in step 1 and 2. But instead of using the standard squared shape rubber with spring u use the conical rubber. It's all in the first post.

I have a T500, but I have not understood how it works. Could you detail what this mod brings?

CPS-3
21-05-2015, 17:04
a conical rubber which you can use with the realistic brake mod that came with your standard T500. All I did was hinting people that they could use this. If you buy the stand alone pedals, the conical rubber is included. But if you bought a T500 it is not included. The people from thebrakemod.com sell them for a high price but if you do some research you can find that rubber for far less money. That's all. And all what i said now is also in the first post.

TheBaldReverend
25-05-2015, 21:34
As you are talking about brake mods, are any of you aware of one that would work for T300RS by any chance? Sorry to hijack your thread OP ;)

Did you find one in the end?

kuscino
10-11-2015, 17:47
I saw just today this post, did u try to put the conical rubber on ur pedal? How was the result? If positive can you tell me the exact measures of the piece you did use? I'm trying to see in many sites that sell them but i've a lot of doubt regarding the threading measure.

Thank you in advance.