PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Where is tyre wear indicator?

lordymatsuo
21-05-2015, 09:03
Ok so the tyres go from Blue (Cold) Green (Optimal) Red (Hot)

Hot tyres can be cooled back to Optimal, however there is no where that I can find that shows tyre wear? Is this intended to be down to driver discretion of the handling of the car or is it an oversight as it would be nice to have a visual indication of how bad my tyres are getting before they fall off the edge. Also tyre wear in general, we have tested 10 lap GT3 races with Tyre wear set at x7 and still not needed to pit.

Wootball
21-05-2015, 09:09

Hot tyres can be cooled back to Optimal, however there is no where that I can find that shows tyre wear? Is this intended to be down to driver discretion of the handling of the car or is it an oversight as it would be nice to have a visual indication of how bad my tyres are getting before they fall off the edge. Also tyre wear in general, we have tested 10 lap GT3 races with Tyre wear set at x7 and still not needed to pit.

It's not there. There's no way to see your tyre wear except if you're using a PC.

Sankyo
21-05-2015, 09:09
There is no tyre wear indicator, basically because in reality race car drivers also don't have it ;) But it's on the list of HUD improvements. Your tyre wear indicator is the car's performance.

Tyres don't wear as much as people may expect or have gotten used to from other games, and also performance doesn't change as dramatically with wear (at least at first) as people seem to expect. Tyres do wear in the game, it's not broken as confirmed by the devs, although some tyres may be a bit conservative.

Wootball
21-05-2015, 09:12
There is no tyre wear indicator, basically because in reality race car drivers also don't have it ;) But it's on the list of HUD improvements. Your tyre wear indicator is the car's performance.

Drivers don't have racing line indicators or turn signals either ;)

lordymatsuo
21-05-2015, 09:31

Tyres don't wear as much as people may expect or have gotten used to from other games, and also performance doesn't change as dramatically with wear (at least at first) as people seem to expect. Tyres do wear in the game, it's not broken as confirmed by the devs, although some tyres may be a bit conservative.

That's what I thought it might be :) However the note about tyre wear I think I have different experiences. I have raced a 10 lap race in a cosworth and needed to pit twice as the tyres fell off after lap 3 and lap 7. That was fun, but with the same tyre wear settings in the Aston Martin vantage I can do the full race with no pitting. I know different cars will burn tyres in different ways but that's quite a difference don't you think? :)

Awong124
21-05-2015, 15:19

That's understandable, and I somewhat agree with that logic, but it would be nice to have an indicator with a rough estimate of how many laps each tire is capable of in the setup menu before a session. So we would know kind of what to expect when planning race strategies. Just pretend that the testing was done for us, and save us some time.

Yeah, I noticed when I did the McLaren F1 at Zolder invitational that after a 30 minute stint the car had less grip and I was ~2 seconds slower per lap than at the beginning, even though I've burned off about 65L of fuel.

RigsXF73
22-05-2015, 18:23

Press left on your D-pad, either on the hand controller or wheel.

Press it repeatedly to cycle through the various menus. It will give you brake temps on one more comprehensive setting, and on the other which is more basic - but with rearview mirror, bottom right icon shows your tyres blue, green and red indication.

Try reading the manuals for the game basics. Sorry if that sounds like teaching you to suck eggs.

Dreco
22-05-2015, 18:43
Do you watch F1? The most technically advanced cars in the world? They don't have a tyre wear indicator.

Franco Ferrari
22-05-2015, 18:43
As far as I know, when the tyres become red and stay red... it means they are worn out.
But I may well be wrong on this one.

apexatspeed
22-05-2015, 19:40
Press left on your D-pad, either on the hand controller or wheel.

Press it repeatedly to cycle through the various menus. It will give you brake temps on one more comprehensive setting, and on the other which is more basic - but with rearview mirror, bottom right icon shows your tyres blue, green and red indication.

Try reading the manuals for the game basics. Sorry if that sounds like teaching you to suck eggs.
Those are tire temperatures not tire degradation.

Pcars
22-05-2015, 19:54
A little off topic, is there going to be a option to just have braking lines on and not full lines.

Thanks.

Umer Ahmad
22-05-2015, 19:56
What is "braking line" vs. "full line" ?

Pcars
22-05-2015, 20:00
What is "braking line" vs. "full line" ?

Sorry I should of explained a little better. When in a race you have the green line that goes round to show when to brake and best racing line. Is there going to be an option where you can have Just the ideal brake zone and not on all the time.

Umer Ahmad
22-05-2015, 20:04
Honestly, I think you're the first one to ask for this.

If anything further is done it will be to make the R/Y/G colors a little better for recommending the entry speeds.

My personal suggestion: Turn it off, you will learn faster if you rely on yourself and visual references near the track for braking. Also braking zones are different for all cars and even the different tyres.

PropaneCrazy
22-05-2015, 20:45
Do you watch F1? The most technically advanced cars in the world? They don't have a tyre wear indicator.

But they have a good idea on how long they last

Slicker_VR
22-05-2015, 22:57
Honestly, I think you're the first one to ask for this.

If anything further is done it will be to make the R/Y/G colors a little better for recommending the entry speeds.

My personal suggestion: Turn it off, you will learn faster if you rely on yourself and visual references near the track for braking. Also braking zones are different for all cars and even the different tyres.

yup, just turn it off, mate - what's the point in sms building beautiful tracks if some idiot comes along with a spray can and paints dotted lines all over them

Slicker_VR
22-05-2015, 22:58
But they have a good idea on how long they last

learnt through testing