PDA

View Full Version : Career mode issues

GTP_Monkey
21-05-2015, 09:26
When a race is started I have no idea what tyres I have fitted so if (when I pit for 1st time) and want to remain on the same type how do I select what tyre as Ive don't know what ive got fitted

When I start an Endurance race Why isnt my fuel Tank full Ive done several events and never start with a full tank of fuel.

When I pit towards the end of an endurance race because I need wet tyres BUT have enough fuel to go the rest of the distance Why am I forced to sit longer putting unneeded fuel into the car.

Why when the AI hits me hard in the rear do I get DQ This is not on when your near the very end of a 6 hour race and a lap in front of 2nd place Then a stupid AI rams me up the rear hard and im DQ

eLessard_
21-05-2015, 13:11
Same issue here with not being able to fill the gas tank to 100% before a race, it just doesn't make sense when you do long races! Of course there is a lot to fix in this game but still, pretty basic stuff to me.

Awong124
21-05-2015, 14:53
You can set the starting tires and starting fuel capacity in the setup menu before the race.

GTP_Monkey
21-05-2015, 15:36
You can set the starting tires and starting fuel capacity in the setup menu before the race.

No you cannot Ive tried all means there is and you have NO control over how much fuel is in your car at the start of an endurance race. You may be confused with the fact you can preset the limit to a full tank at 1st pit and there after.

Awong124
21-05-2015, 15:43
No you cannot Ive tried all means there is and you have NO control over how much fuel is in your car at the start of an endurance race. You may be confused with the fact you can preset the limit to a full tank at 1st pit and there after.

I did the McLaren F1 Zolder 3h invitational, and I could set the starting fuel. Default was 50L and I set it to 70L, so it definitely worked. Curiously it wouldn't allow me to set it to less than 50L though.

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 16:14

You can adjust the fuel amount in the car setup right before you start a career race.

I did the McLaren F1 Zolder 3h invitational, and I could set the starting fuel. Default was 50L and I set it to 70L, so it definitely worked. Curiously it wouldn't allow me to set it to less than 50L though.

Unfortunately you can't create a pit strategy that includes less fuel than you currently have in your tank. You can pre-create them in a practice session beforehand though.

GTP_Monkey
21-05-2015, 16:31
You can adjust the fuel amount in the car setup right before you start a career race.

Then we have another bug in this game. i can assure you that My Mclaren GT3 starts with 60 litres of fuel and there is no way to change this in endurance races, other GT3 races I don't know but again there is no way I can do endurance start with a full 130 litres of fuel.

Before I start a new career I go to my car and some some tuning to change setup to my liking I make sure it has a full tank of fuel then save , I then start career and at the beginning of 1st practice I go into pit strategy and make sure fuel is full then save, I start practice and guess what fuel ios 59.0 litres sam happens 2nd practice and qualifying and main race.

Why do you lot not believe me, Im getting pretty sick of WMD members calling me liar and your the second person to do so. Not good public relations is it

No wonder ive swapped out the PS4 and gone back to GT5/6

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 17:23
Then we have another bug in this game. i can assure you that My Mclaren GT3 starts with 60 litres of fuel and there is no way to change this in endurance races, other GT3 races I don't know but again there is no way I can do endurance start with a full 130 litres of fuel.

Before I start a new career I go to my car and some some tuning to change setup to my liking I make sure it has a full tank of fuel then save , I then start career and at the beginning of 1st practice I go into pit strategy and make sure fuel is full then save, I start practice and guess what fuel ios 59.0 litres sam happens 2nd practice and qualifying and main race.

Why do you lot not believe me, Im getting pretty sick of WMD members calling me liar and your the second person to do so. Not good public relations is it

No wonder ive swapped out the PS4 and gone back to GT5/6

I'm not calling you a liar. Do you experience this in all series or only in specific ones? Which exact series are you driving? I'm going to check this on my rig tonight.

Awong124
21-05-2015, 17:36

You don't set it in pit strategy. There is a setting for fuel capacity in one of the tabs of the car settings. Setting it in pit strategy just tells the game how much fuel to put in in your pit stop. In the settings you can set your starting fuel load for the Race, and the amount of fuel you start with in Qualifying. Don't remember if you can set it for Practice.

But then again, you might be experiencing a bug. Maybe just for that car, or maybe for that series.

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 17:45
^^This. Don't use "edit pit strategy" to adjust fuel before hitting the "drive" button. Use the "edit car setup" button.

GTP_Monkey
21-05-2015, 19:09
I set it at 130 litres in my Garage where I have the option to also set the Qualifying tank level.

This only happens in the |Mclaren GT3 in the tri ?? endurances series and the world endurance series. All other cars and events have been fine.
I haven't been on the game now for over a week because of the other issues i've raised elsewhere, 100% Failure of FBB after waking up PS4 (not sure if its sony or Pcars) but a lot of wheel users are getting this as well and its a game stopper for me.

GTP_Monkey
22-05-2015, 08:59
^^This. Don't use "edit pit strategy" to adjust fuel before hitting the "drive" button. Use the "edit car setup" button.

@Bealdor I have set up the PS4 again late last night (couldn't sleep) and deleted all of the game and done a brand new install and Just to let you know the install has solved a few issues Namely this fuel issue and the career mode issue where I could not go onto next events so I don't have to start a new career at every event.

Not too sure if all my other issues have been resolved But will post here if I have any further news.

Bealdor
22-05-2015, 09:03
Thanks for the heads up!

agusKBla17
22-05-2015, 17:55
Hi! I have a question, if I'm racing a resistance 3h race in my Carrer Mode and I want to stop and have a break, is there any option which I can choose in order to save the race progress, quit from that race and then come back and continue with that saved progress? Or there is just the AI auto-driving option when I stop in pits which doesn't allows me to save my race progress and then shut down my ps4?
I would really appreciate if someone answer my question,

Thanks and sorry for my bad English, I'm just an Argentinian boy