PDA

View Full Version : Slow Career Cars?

l.rose47
21-05-2015, 10:28
Has anybody else found that the cars in career mode are slower than in solo practice? I've driven Formula Rookie, Gulf 1000, and GT4 with all of them being about a minute a lap slower?

danowat
21-05-2015, 10:30
Different track conditions I'd imagine.

l.rose47
21-05-2015, 10:34
Track conditions are the same, seems like power is well down, engine doesn't rev up and top speed is down...

JDFSSS
21-05-2015, 10:37
Has anybody else found that the cars in career mode are slower than in solo practice? I've driven Formula Rookie, Gulf 1000, and GT4 with all of them being about a minute a lap slower?

Cars are not a minute per lap slower in career mode. That's a huge difference. I don't think they are necessarily slower at all. Make sure you are accounting for all the variables such as car setup, weather and track condition.

l.rose47
21-05-2015, 10:41
thats strange then because in career practice and qualifying, I will be just as quick as the AI. If i let the session finish in real time they dont go quicker, if i skip to end of session then they go A LOT quicker, down to roughly the times in solo practice? Ive tried on default setup and adjusting it as well, nothing makes a big enough difference...

wraithsrike
21-05-2015, 10:51
thats strange then because in career practice and qualifying, I will be just as quick as the AI. If i let the session finish in real time they dont go quicker, if i skip to end of session then they go A LOT quicker, down to roughly the times in solo practice? Ive tried on default setup and adjusting it as well, nothing makes a big enough difference...

The times being un realistic if you skip is a known bug.

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 10:52
The times being un realistic if you skip is a known bug.

Workaround: use 60x time acceleration instead to finish the session.

danowat
21-05-2015, 10:58

Except time acceleration appears to do the same thing, make the AI lap faster than they do without it.

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 11:01
Except time acceleration appears to do the same thing, make the AI lap faster than they do without it.

Oops, sorry. Never experienced this myself though.

FloF000
21-05-2015, 11:03

In career the AI is slower at the lower tiers and gets faster in the higher leagues.

The devs already know about this issue.

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 11:10
In career the AI is slower at the lower tiers and gets faster in the higher leagues.

But not by a minute! The difference is less than a second.

l.rose47
21-05-2015, 11:17
For example, GT4 ginetta around silverstone international in career was about a 1:53, in solo, was closer to 1:20 on first lap... Same story for F Rookie, takes almost 3mins to do a lap of Oulton Island!!

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 11:18
For example, GT4 ginetta around silverstone international in career was about a 1:53, in solo, was closer to 1:20 on first lap... Same story for F Rookie, takes almost 3mins to do a lap of Oulton Island!!

Please check the telemetry HUD if you're applying full throttle with your controller/wheel.

wraithsrike
21-05-2015, 11:24

Cheers for the heads up buddy, I didn't know that.

FloF000
21-05-2015, 11:27
But not by a minute! The difference is less than a second.

I didn't think that the minute was really a minute. Never had this when I raced against Rookies or GT4s

Please check the telemetry HUD if you're applying full throttle with your controller/wheel.

The AI is too slow, not him.

l.rose47
21-05-2015, 11:27
thanks for the advice, will try it later but think there might be something else wrong

l.rose47
21-05-2015, 11:28
The AI is too slow, not him.[/QUOTE]

The AI and my car is too slow

Roger Prynne
21-05-2015, 11:35
The AI are a slower by design in the beginning to aid newcomers and get faster as you progress through the career mode..... but we know that they are too slow and is being worked on as we speak.

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 11:38
The AI are a slower by design in the beginning to aid newcomers and get faster as you progress through the career mode..... but we know that they are too slow and is being worked on as we speak.

This seems to have nothing to do with his problem. And as I already posted, the difference that you mention is minimal.

Marrrfooo
21-05-2015, 11:57
Just throwing my pennies in - might also be worth considering:

1.) You are often supplied with max-fuel in races in career by default - this will considerably change the weighty handling of the car and impact overall speed. Not sure if this is much of a problem in the single (non-career) races to be honest...
2.) With regards 60x acceleration - the AI will get faster during a session due to the circuit rubbering in - but they shouldn't be crazy fast in comparison to single races (I think other people already covered this).

Roger Prynne
21-05-2015, 12:26
This seems to have nothing to do with his problem. And as I already posted, the difference that you mention is minimal.
This is what I was answering to in the OP....

Has anybody else found that the cars in career mode are slower than in solo practice?

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 13:05
This is what I was answering to in the OP....

Yeah, that's why I thought he meant his own car because there's no AI in FP.

Roger Prynne
21-05-2015, 13:20
Yeah, that's why I thought he meant his own car because there's no AI in FP.

Ah OK.. must of read it incorrectly.

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 13:23
Ah OK.. must of read it incorrectly.

Not necessarily. The question wasn't formulated clear enough.

justonce68
21-05-2015, 13:33
The track is green at start of session and rubbers in as time progresses if you hit pole earlier then go 60x the AI will progress, I tend to set early times then go to pits hit x60 and leave me cursor over "Drive" as soon as I see times changing with the AI I hit the track again a post late faster times.

l.rose47
22-05-2015, 09:09
Ok, I think I've found the issue, not sure my computer can handle it when lots of other cars are on track so lags but not stuttering, just like its in slow motion, but the clock/lap timer stays in real time...

Mad Al
22-05-2015, 09:13
Ok, I think I've found the issue, not sure my computer can handle it when lots of other cars are on track so lags but not stuttering, just like its in slow motion, but the clock/lap timer stays in real time...

I was just about to post to ask for your specs......

Bealdor
22-05-2015, 09:14

Ah, yes. That sounds like a CPU overload issue. The physics slow down while the clock keeps running.

What are your specs?

l.rose47
22-05-2015, 10:00
Microprocessor
AMD Quad-Core A8-6410 APU with Radeon R5 Graphics (2 GHz, 2 MB cache)
Memory
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
Video Graphics
AMD Radeon R7 M260 Graphics (2 GB DDR3L dedicated)
Hard Drive
1 TB 5400 rpm SATA

Bealdor
22-05-2015, 10:00
Your CPU (and most likely GPU too) is below minimum spec unfortunately. That's why it can't handle many AI cars on track.

l.rose47
22-05-2015, 10:19
Ok, I don't really understand the details of it.. Is there any way of making it run smoother? I've turned down some of the graphics in the settings but there are some options I don't want to change as I'm not sure what they do

Bealdor
22-05-2015, 10:22
Ok, I don't really understand the details of it.. Is there any way of making it run smoother? I've turned down some of the graphics in the settings but there are some options I don't want to change as I'm not sure what they do

Please post a screenshot of your graphics settings.

Turn down Reflections, Environment Map and Shadows to "Low" and turn Detailed Grass "Off".

l.rose47
22-05-2015, 10:36
I did turn most things down but the more advanced settings have all been left alone

Bealdor
22-05-2015, 10:47
Try the following:

Right click on Project CARS in your Steam library -> Properties -> "Set Launch Options"

Now add the following, without the asterisks: "-skipcrowds"

Additionally you can also try: "-pthreads 4" or "-pthreads 1" (not both at the same time)

Your command line should then look like this: "-skipcrowds -pthreads 1"

But honestly I don't want to make you too much hope. You CPU is simply too weak for this game.

l.rose47
22-05-2015, 10:52
Ok, thanks very much for all the help, ill give it a go later.
Looks like its back to rFactor for now!

Bealdor
22-05-2015, 10:57
Ok, thanks very much for all the help, ill give it a go later.
Looks like its back to rFactor for now!

Participate in the Community Events and work on your setups in Time Trial until you can afford a better PC (I know, it's easier said than done). :)

Regards.

Stefan