PDA

View Full Version : Planned pitstops - on a 3-lap race???

Bigsteviet
21-05-2015, 10:41
I've lost count of the number of times I've been prompted to pull in for a planned pitstop at the end of lap 1. My tyres are barely up to temp and fuel isn't low. Stopping would make me uncompetitive.

OK, so I just ignore the advice, but that still leaves the panel to the right middle of the screen for the rest of the race. It means I don't trust any advice as a race progresses...

OrenIshii BE
21-05-2015, 10:59
some races have mandatory pitstops, even if you select 10% race length.
Makes it a bit pointless, but the feature comes to live in longer +50% races!

Bigsteviet
21-05-2015, 11:01
Hmmm... so if they're mandatory, shouldn't I get black flagged? And none of the AI stopped either, because we're still racing on the last lap. So every single car should get disqualified lol

OrenIshii BE
21-05-2015, 11:16
hmmm, have you got penalties set to ON in gameplay options?

Bigsteviet
21-05-2015, 11:20
Yep!

OrenIshii BE
21-05-2015, 11:27
Yep!

can you provide more details then,
what race are you doing,
is it career, online, quick weekend?
what class of car/championship are you running?

I only raced clio cup in career that i encountered i need to pit, and seeing i'm a good boy, i obey the demand for a pitstop :P

Bigsteviet
21-05-2015, 11:32
It's happened many, many times - all in Career, both in the main season and invitationals. Various tracks and cars, from superkarts to the Capri. HTH

OrenIshii BE
21-05-2015, 11:39
strange,
i'm all out of ideas,

Maybe someone else can help you.

WhiteNinja636
21-05-2015, 11:40
It's happened to me a few times, I always put it down to me choosing to race with only just enough fuel to finish the race. The pit engineer thinks you are going to run out so signals you to come into refuel.
Well that's my theory anyway.

Bigsteviet
21-05-2015, 12:02
It's happened to me a few times, I always put it down to me choosing to race with only just enough fuel to finish the race. The pit engineer thinks you are going to run out so signals you to come into refuel.
Well that's my theory anyway.

Nice idea, but I never fiddle with the fuel level, so unless it's set to min by default, that's not the answer!

OrenIshii BE
21-05-2015, 12:05
Nice idea, but I never fiddle with the fuel level, so unless it's set to min by default, that's not the answer!

indeed a good thought,
but with settings for minimum fuel by default, everybody that didn't touch the fuel-level (me included) would have had this issue.
And i didn't have any pit recommendations, in neither kart seasons ;)

nissan4ever
21-05-2015, 14:40

You should adjust your fuel level. That's extra weight! You only need enough to do the laps you got to do. Let's say you only need 12. Why do the race with 40? Extra unnecessary weight on car. The game does take that into account.

Bigsteviet
21-05-2015, 14:49
You're right, of course. I'm just too keen to get out on track at the moment to twiddle any more than I already have to, I guess. Silly me!

Doesn't explain the bad planned pit stop calls tho...

mister dog
21-05-2015, 15:04
I had it on a quick race where i had just enough fuel to make it to the finish. After i restarted it and added 5 litres extra i didn't get the message (same race).

MoneyMan300
21-05-2015, 17:56
I've lost count of the number of times I've been prompted to pull in for a planned pitstop at the end of lap 1. My tyres are barely up to temp and fuel isn't low. Stopping would make me uncompetitive.

OK, so I just ignore the advice, but that still leaves the panel to the right middle of the screen for the rest of the race. It means I don't trust any advice as a race progresses...

Yeah...the pit stop is supposed to be mandatory, but doesn't appear to be. I have all sim stuff turned on and I frequently skip the pit stop, since my crew can't seem to hang on to their nuts and evidently have to run to the nearest auto shop to get more.

D1rty Duck UK
21-05-2015, 18:04
If it says mandatory on the bottom of the pit board then pit, if it says scheduled then ignore it.

But if it's a mandatory I have noticed that after the first lap, about two thirds of the second lap completed it always says mandatory pit stop and does until I stop.

Anyway of stopping this and selecting the first time it appears to pit?

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 18:06
If it says mandatory on the bottom of the pit board then pit, if it says scheduled then ignore it.

But if it's a mandatory I have noticed that after the first lap, about two thirds of the second lap completed it always says mandatory pit stop and does until I stop.

Anyway of stopping this and selecting the first time it appears to pit?

No. It sounds a bit misleading but the pit board starts showing up when you're allowed to pit and comes up every lap until you do your mandatory pit stop.

bkfount
21-05-2015, 18:39
ive had it pop up when i was aggressive with the fuel load. I knew I would finish, but it was annoying having it on my screen the whole race. Wish you could dismiss it like the f1 game.