PDA

View Full Version : What is your least favourite track?

beat-sampras
21-05-2015, 10:47
I think for me it is Dubai GP, and also I kind of dislike Spa. (maybe there are more that I don't like, since I haven't tried all of the tracks yet :D)

Sonny Crockett
21-05-2015, 11:09
How can you dislike Spa? :confused:

Sankyo
21-05-2015, 11:14
How can you dislike Spa? :confused:
Easy, it has no 'flow' :p Same as with Monza GP.

Sonny Crockett
21-05-2015, 11:16
I find those tracks one of the best in the game. Nordschleife however is a track I truly dislike. Specially in Time Trials. One mistake..and your back at square one.

OppaErich
21-05-2015, 11:18
Road America - pure boredom

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 11:22
Brands Hatch

I HATE Dingle Dell Corner and Clark Curve.

Pamellaaa
21-05-2015, 11:25
I really don't get on with the Nordschliefe, even after spending most of a day practicing it and then completing a 10 lap race I still don't know my way around the place and its just too narrow!

Sankyo
21-05-2015, 11:26
I find those tracks one of the best in the game. Nordschleife however is a track I truly dislike. Specially in Time Trials. One mistake..and your back at square one.
Well it's all personal, isn't it? :) Same with the Nords. I don't like it as a race track because it's simply too long to build any rhythm, others love it.

I like tracks that have gradual changes of pace instead of tracks where you're either full on the throttle on long straights or in 2nd gear for a sharp turn or chicane. Tracks like Oulton, Sakitto, Brands Hatch, Nürburgring are my kind of tracks.

QPRLad
21-05-2015, 11:45
Brads Hatch - I don't necessarily dislike the track, in fact I love going to watch events at Brands but I cant seem to stay on the track in the final sector.
Its probably the fact I never do well there instead of a dislike. Similar thing with Oulton Park, I think they're just to narrow.

RAVEracer
21-05-2015, 12:53
Hmm, maybe Willow. In theory I should like it and it looks pretty rad. But I don't get much satisfaction out of it for some reason and am rather slow at it... it's like my bogey track.

Ally_bassman
21-05-2015, 13:07
Brno.....

Too wide and too much geared towards bike racing, not cars!

Marrrfooo
21-05-2015, 13:25
Dubai Autodrome - a very technical circuit (which is not a bad thing and brings some satisfaction) but it has no flow and for just a few design tweaks it would have done.
All of the kart circuits bar Chesterfiled (which I quite like!).
Road America - I just cannot get on with it very much and an absolute swine at night.
Coram bend @ Snetterton - so evil Hell itself probably spat it back out (the most 'plan it perfectly or die' corners outside the Green Hell) - I still love the circuit but have a love/hate relationship with that bend.

Absolute least favourite:
Sonona - I just cannot get on with it. Purgatory for me would be racing around that place in an endurance event. :P

justonce68
21-05-2015, 13:27
Hated Bathurst and Nord, until I learnt them properly now my favourites, driven very few tracks yet in project cars, so many to try

Beatminister
21-05-2015, 13:31
I really don't get on with the Nordschliefe, even after spending most of a day practicing it and then completing a 10 lap race I still don't know my way around the place and its just too narrow!

Dont worry about it too much - a lot of real race drivers have puked on that already. And dozens of people write off their cars there every year, probably not going half as fast as you do. Thats the Nordschleife - famous and infamous.

A track I find pretty horrible is this desert thing in the USA, something Springs, especially the short version. I assume it wasn`t meant as a racetrack, just someone stole a tarmacking machine and drove amok with it.

Umer Ahmad
21-05-2015, 13:36
Oulton Park, hate these tight/narrow British tracks. But these guys managed to have a good time

http://youtu.be/MJzdAqYOCI0

I'll run Road America ANY DAY !

http://youtu.be/pDvdRlSlYA0

CopperySinger5
22-05-2015, 11:35
Azure circuit

The Sonic Mole
22-05-2015, 11:40
Azure circuit

I think I've detested Monaco/"Azure" since the days of MicroProse Grand Prix. In fact I have an aversion to street circuits in general.

SpaceMachine
22-05-2015, 11:49
Azure circuit

I've never really enjoyed racing here either but it's always interesting to see how it performs on the hardware, with Monaco being such a familiar circuit. For me, it doesn't work too well in Project Cars - the PS4 suffers badly with tearing issues, making it glitchy and difficult to drive. Close, but no cigar.

timaloy67
22-05-2015, 12:03
Dubai and the kart tracks

jackd94
26-06-2015, 11:29
For me it would be azure circuit.

mister dog
26-06-2015, 11:44
Glencairn kart track, and i can't really be bothered with the p2p circuits like Azure or California Highway neither ;)

danowat
26-06-2015, 11:46
Nordschleife

Irishnewblood
26-06-2015, 11:53
Nordschleife

What?? How can you not like the Nordschleife?? My own is Cadwell, ARRGGHHH those last few corners.

danowat
26-06-2015, 11:54
What?? How can you not like the Nordschleife??

Love it IRL, just not fun in a game.

Bealdor
26-06-2015, 11:55
Similar threads merged.

Irishnewblood
26-06-2015, 11:55
Love it IRL, just not fun in a game.

Fair enough man...Just surprising to see someone not like it.

danowat
26-06-2015, 12:01
Question wasn't "what track do you not like", it was, "what's your least favourtie track" ;)

FTR, in over 100 hours I've not driven it.

NemethR
26-06-2015, 12:20
Sakitto... I hate that one.

Dutchmountains
26-06-2015, 12:33
For me - California Highway and that kind of tracks.
I like all the real world circuits.

Steam
26-06-2015, 12:34
Silverstone.

Love all the german tracks.

hotak
26-06-2015, 12:54
i can't really get a flow on willow springs, the other one i quite dislike is monza: i cannot understand how a circuit where you're on 100% throttle most of the time can be fun

ARNAGEist
05-09-2015, 21:38
Dubai but that will change if Ovals are added :sleeping:

Liquid_Drummer
05-09-2015, 22:03
Willow Springs by a land slide. Just boring and tedious to me. Might be fun on mopeds ?

PR0JECTNR56
05-09-2015, 22:26
Dubai Autodrome - Somehow just too boring, one lap feels like a lifetime even in my favorite cars.

Plato99
05-09-2015, 22:50
Dubai.
Typical modern F1 track.
Boring, wide, too long.

In my opinion......

Mascot
05-09-2015, 23:35
Ruapuna.

Glorified kart track, flat as a pancake, ugly, narrow, no redeeming features. Could have spent the money on beer.

Jerry Buzz
05-09-2015, 23:36
Cadwell. Sakitto. Zandervoort. Ugh. Zandervoort especially. I can never get through that track without messing it up.

As for Monza, I like it except for that first darn chicane, which I can NEVER hit right. I hear Forza 6 has Monza now, so I can never hit it right in that game, too.

Mario Navarrete
06-09-2015, 00:17
I can't stand Imola, sooo boring. I know that senna died there and all but it's a boring track

Linus27
06-09-2015, 00:30
California Highway - not interested in none race tracks.

F1Aussie
06-09-2015, 00:35
Cadwell. Sakitto. Zandervoort. Ugh. Zandervoort especially. I can never get through that track without messing it up.

As for Monza, I like it except for that first darn chicane, which I can NEVER hit right. I hear Forza 6 has Monza now, so I can never hit it right in that game, too.

Zandvoort? You mean zolder?

Invincible
06-09-2015, 00:40
Willow Springs, Cadwell Park, Zolder. Those, I dislike. But Azure Circuit, I despise. I am not too fond of street circuits without at least a small run of area in general.

Chiraq
06-09-2015, 00:42
I only hate the last corner from Snetterton. I also don't really like Brands Hatch GP. Imola is a track I have to get used to but I don't like the "flow", it doesn't suit me.

maxx2504
06-09-2015, 01:06
Hi !

As a german ...my favorite Track is and will always be the Nordschleife :)

Mario Navarrete
06-09-2015, 02:49
I can't stand Imola, sooo boring. I know that senna died there and all but it's a boring track

Poulka
06-09-2015, 04:38
My least favorite will Azure Circuit this goes back to my F1 10 days I have never won there. I always get caught in hairpin log jam. Willow, Monza, and The glen I enjoy.

Chiraq
06-09-2015, 11:54
Hi !

As a german ...my favorite Track is and will always be the Nordschleife :)

Es wurde nach deiner Hassstrecke gefragt Kollege :D

m355y
06-09-2015, 12:43
Ruapuna, sorry. Just the dullest thing ever. It looks dull, it's not much fun to drive and lacks overtaking spots for good racing.

I loved Silverstone back in the days when it was the 'proper' Silverstone with Copse as the first corner - when they added the stupid fiddly bits and moved the start line that killed it for me, even though most of the same corners remain. Weird.

menos
06-09-2015, 12:51
Zhuhai is a pretty bland track (beautifully made by SMS though).
I absolutely despise the last, blind lefthand corner before corkscrew at Laguna Seca (the track is growing on me but I cannot figure out a fast way to do this very single corner).

I do not like the GP layout of Silverstone but Silverstone International is a blast.

I like the short Brands Hatch layout but do hate with a passion the two blind right hand corners over the hill on the fast GP layout section.

I hate Snetterton - every single one layout of it - hated it with a passion already when I ran Championships, running the Volvo V40 in TOCA back when.

I am not particular fond of the new first chicane right at the end of the start finish straight at Oschersleben - whoever designed this chicane needs to find a new job NOT in designing racing tracks (Oschersleben was a blast to race before with so many tricky, fast corners, loved it in a proper fast GT racer or touring cars).

The Willow Springs GP layout might be a very interesting layout to race your heavily modified Corvette on Sundays but to me it has absolutely nothing interesting about it (I usually don't like the all out high speed only tracks - Willow Springs is just that). Now the Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile is just the opposite - such a beautiful, beautiful, exciting racetrack!

I am not a big fan of the Monza GP layout and hate with a passion the Parabolica turn.

FLX81
06-09-2015, 13:55
Glencairn, by a million miles of awfulness. Though the other fictional kart tracks are no fun to drive neither. Please SMS, if there will be karting in pcars2, stick to real kart tracks.

F1Aussie
06-09-2015, 14:03
Zhuhai is a pretty bland track (beautifully made by SMS though).
I absolutely despise the last, blind lefthand corner before corkscrew at Laguna Seca (the track is growing on me but I cannot figure out a fast way to do this very single corner).

I do not like the GP layout of Silverstone but Silverstone International is a blast.

I like the short Brands Hatch layout but do hate with a passion the two blind right hand corners over the hill on the fast GP layout section.

I hate Snetterton - every single one layout of it - hated it with a passion already when I ran Championships, running the Volvo V40 in TOCA back when.

I am not particular fond of the new first chicane right at the end of the start finish straight at Oschersleben - whoever designed this chicane needs to find a new job NOT in designing racing tracks (Oschersleben was a blast to race before with so many tricky, fast corners, loved it in a proper fast GT racer or touring cars).

The Willow Springs GP layout might be a very interesting layout to race your heavily modified Corvette on Sundays but to me it has absolutely nothing interesting about it (I usually don't like the all out high speed only tracks - Willow Springs is just that). Now the Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile is just the opposite - such a beautiful, beautiful, exciting racetrack!

I am not a big fan of the Monza GP layout and hate with a passion the Parabolica turn.

So are there any tracks you like? Lol

Flat_out
06-09-2015, 14:08
Dubai.
And any road tracks!

DEDDGUY3
06-09-2015, 14:32
any track with a chicane, they should all be replaced with large round-abouts

Dutchmountains
06-09-2015, 15:56
Ruapana

MAARTEN
06-09-2015, 16:28
Dubai and Road America, just can't stand these tracks.

menos
06-09-2015, 16:34
So are there any tracks you like? Lol

Oh absolutely - a lot! But as this is the thread devoted to the least liked tracks, I just named a few I don't ;-)

Fanatest
06-09-2015, 19:15
Road tracks / point to points..

I find they have no character, I can't build a relationship with them in any way :(
God knows it tried..

I think the best tracks in the game are the British group of tracks. I'd love to see more MUCH MORE!

Scuderia Paul
06-09-2015, 19:39
LAGUNA SECAI think it is the most over hyped circuit I have ever played in a game. The 3s you spend going through The Corkscrew are fine but the rest is the definition of generic race track. I don't think it has a remotely redeeming feature after that.

m355y
06-09-2015, 20:13
I think Laguna Seca is about more than the corkscrew. It's quite short, has a decent flow, a few elevation changes and seems to produce good racing with both cars and bikes. It's not the greatest racing circuit in the world but it's a pretty good one albeit pretty over-represented in just about every single racing game ever made.

jeneric
06-09-2015, 20:55
Easy, it has no 'flow' :p Same as with Monza GP.

Spa

Sorry, but totally disagree. Spa has been my favourite track in sim racing for many, many years now. I really don't know what you mean when you say it has no flow. For me, it flows perfectly.

snipeme77
06-09-2015, 23:57
Least favorite... Kart tracks, but I don't like karts too much.

havocc
07-09-2015, 00:04
Silverstone

Morphia
07-09-2015, 00:41
Any track that is too narrow to pass at,so nordschliefe, just about every british track except silverstone, and ruapuna which sucks the most because I paid extra for it

hkraft300
07-09-2015, 01:34
Most hated: Brno. The constant radius turns. Every turn. It's even boring with the Lotus 98T.
2. Willow Springs - average in a road car/ tank, but in anything with a little downforce, it's straight boring too. Get off your desert Western cowboy a*** and stop being such lazy a*holes put in some rumble strips, some brake markers instead of orange cones! Lol but really it's tricky exactly because it's as wide as an LA highway it's hard to pick your line and place your car but in a race well overtake anywhere anytime you like it doesn't take a 2nd thought really.

lmp4 24
07-09-2015, 01:45
They all are brilliant imo. Doesn't matter what track I race once I get 20 min or so on a track I can't get enough. Love me some racing.

Jerry Buzz
07-09-2015, 04:55
Zandvoort? You mean zolder?

I hate it so much that I forgot the name.

hkraft300
07-09-2015, 05:20
Try Zolder in smaller cars like Formula C. It's actually an awesome little track.

azidahaka
07-09-2015, 06:05
Sonoma. All the "pointless" point to point tracks :D

Black_Gold_Saw
07-09-2015, 06:28
Any track that is too narrow to pass at,so nordschliefe, just about every british track except silverstone, and ruapuna which sucks the most because I paid extra for it
The real problem is that people push u off when ur next to them.
If u got respectfull players, its a blast and a real fight.

Cheesenium
07-09-2015, 06:52
Probably going to get roasted into grilled cheese for saying this.

My least favourite track in the game is still Nordschliefe. It is too lengthy and too narrow, it is quite terrible for racing. It is also hard to learn because it is located in the middle of a German forest where there are a lot less markers to use despite pcars put in a lot of effort to capture all the markers that race drivers used. There is nothing wrong with this version in pCARS, even in Shift 2 days then pCARS and AC, I just never really like this track.

NemethR
07-09-2015, 07:56
Sakitto.

Every time it reminds me of Suzuka, and then I realised, I am just in some twisted nightmare, racing on an abomination, that reminds me of that legendary racetrack, and then turns out to be something else. I truly hate that racetrack, and generally avoid racing on it, be it career, or online.

Beatminister
07-09-2015, 08:02
The one I really dont like is Bathurst. This hill part is really doing my head in.
Brno is just boring, as some of the modern F1 conform tracks are.

Those who hate the Nordschleife, have just not practiced enough. It is the ultimate challenge in learning a track, because its so long and has so many turns. And everywhere it looks so similar. It is nearly 100 years old now, and in those days they were already happy if they made 1 lap without breaking down. But all the old racing aces, who really know it well, love it.

menos
07-09-2015, 08:11

My least favourite track in the game is still Nordschliefe. It is too lengthy and too narrow, it is quite terrible for racing. It is also hard to learn because it is located in the middle of a German forest where there are a lot less markers to use despite pcars put in a lot of effort to capture all the markers that race drivers used. There is nothing wrong with this version in pCARS, even in Shift 2 days then pCARS and AC, I just never really like this track.
Nothing wrong with somebody disliking Nordschleife.
Maybe this helps in starting to like it less much:

The markers around Nordschleife are not so much by what you can see along the track outside of the fence.
The markers really are with the sequence of curves and changes in elevation that cue you where you are and what corner comes next.
Other good cues are also the kerbs - around the ring there is a plethora of different style kerbs and run off area materials used - where which kind of kerb sits will help you identify where you are.
The Ring has also massive elevation changes all around the track - another great visual hint where you are.
The real difficulty about this is that only when you know each corner from sheer repeating the track over and over and over will you start to recognize the track.

Only after you have memorized the track completely is it even possible with the Nordschleife to start pushing and to start driving faster (as many corners here simply do not allow a "drive by what you can see" like it is possible on many other race tracks.

This makes the Nordschleife so excessively difficult to learn.
Once you know each turn around the track than the Nordschleife magically becomes a much, much wider track (not meaning you master them, just know what direction the next turn takes, what elevation change, if you can use the kerb, which speeds are possible, …).

A big issue when racing at Nordschleife is that many people will usually be on the track who have only little knowledge about the track and as per their own safety try to drive smack in the middle of the track at all times.
It is even harder for them with the challenge of keeping their car on the track also to keep awareness around their car and respect faster drivers, leaving enough space.

I can only recommend to do lots of single player races with the AI, starting from the back of the field with a car a bit faster and try to work around the slower, usually veeeery wiiiide AI drivers.
The Nordschleife is a marvelous track and nothing feels more accomplishing than winning a race there or even doing some tight racing with fights for positions back and forth.
There are many places around the Ring where you can overtake and quite a few where you should not.

Another issue is that many players do take on usually much more car than they can chew on. You find beginners sliding around the ring in 500 - 800hp monsters, while they actually should start to learn the track in a 1.6l touring car racer first and slowly progress to faster, less forgiving cars as their track knowledge progresses.

The most fun you can actually have is to take a full field of the AI in a vintage touring car race (think less than 200hp in 800-1400kg vintage cars on vintage tires).

I love the Nordschleife - just now I am working endless hours to improve my time around the ring in my favorite car, the Ruf CTR - pure joy!

cluck
07-09-2015, 08:16
The tracks I dislike are the tracks I am bad at ;).

I cannot find a flow, or rhythm, for quite a few of them. Brno, Zolder, Spa (I am so uncompetitive there, it just isn't funny any more :o), Azure Circuit, to name a few.

But there are some tracks that I never used to like, but after lots and lots of practice, I've come around to them. As such, the tracks that I currently dislike, might well end up going from my "don't want to drive" list :).

EDIT : Re. the post above mine, that sums up Nords beautifully, top post :yes:. I have done hundreds of laps there in-game, in various cars, but I still can't say I've mastered it, far from it. I have yet to do a single lap where I have got to the end and said "yep, that was perfect, I took every corner 100% perfectly". I've posted this before, but it's a fitting place to post it again : The day I drive a perfect lap of Nords will be the day I try and master it again in a different car, until there are no new cars to master.

havocc
07-09-2015, 08:16
Sakitto.

Every time it reminds me of Suzuka, and then I realised, I am just in some twisted nightmare, racing on an abomination, that reminds me of that legendary racetrack, and then turns out to be something else. I truly hate that racetrack, and generally avoid racing on it, be it career, or online.

I'm so used to suzuka that when i tried it i just didn't feel comfortable with a modified suzuka

cluck
07-09-2015, 08:26
re. Sakitto/Suzuka, I found that for a long time with the new Silverstone and Snetterton layouts, my mind was so rooted in the old layouts that it took a LOT of laps to try and undo the memory of the old tracks.

The thing is, I absolutely love the flow of Sakitto, it's a fantastic track to drive and race on. I'm still not sold on the new Silverstone layout.

el3KtroN
07-09-2015, 08:27
I don't like Azure Circuit, Road courses, Zolder and some kart tracks, although i nearly love all the other tracks.

baronesbc
07-09-2015, 09:07

My least favourite track in the game is still Nordschliefe. It is too lengthy and too narrow, it is quite terrible for racing.
matter of taste in the end, but it's not if you find good players for racing. best track in the world imho and my favorite.
the tracks i like less in pcars are Hockenheim (cause i dislike the modern layout, the old was on another level), and Monza (i don't hate it, but i don't like so much tracks stop and go. and then bored it, i played it too in the past).
can't believe there are people who don't like british tracks. Oulton Park, Donington, Cadwell Park, Brand Hatch, i love all them! narrow, with a lot of ups and downs, very technicians and tricky. with the right cars are very very funny

wicker man
07-09-2015, 10:02
Azure Circuit just cant stand it

laguna seca used to hate but im starting to love it last few years

NemethR
07-09-2015, 10:10

Yep, its long, its hard, its daunting...

Once you drive some 120+ laps on it, and learn the track, one starts to like it ;)

AB_Attack
07-09-2015, 10:23
Dubai is terrible, that track sucks the life out of me. Most others are great.

Actually, maybe Dubai will be ok with Formula A. But that's it. I also don't like highway tracks like California or Nordschleife. Such tracks are for Need For Speed games and for the people enyojing those tracks, meaning not me.

I7akk0N
07-09-2015, 11:10
Tracks like Snetterton, and Oschersleben. Tracks with subtle, or no elevation change are kind of boring. Still glad PCARS has them. The more the merrier.

F2kSel
07-09-2015, 11:53
Nordschliefe then Lemans I really don't like long tracks.

SlowBloke
07-09-2015, 12:02
Silverstone and the point to point stuff. Liked Silverstone until they changed it - now its just no fun.

Any track that has no feel of car on road (ie Brno for 95% of the lap)

Favs: Oulton Park / Cadwell / Snetterton / Green Hell / Watkins Glen

Sasquatch
07-09-2015, 12:33
Hands down for me, it's Brno.

It's unique in it's own way. But it just bores me to tears for some odd reason. Maybe mostly because it has no flow to it.

m355y
07-09-2015, 12:45
Yep, its long, its hard, its daunting...

Once you drive some 120+ laps on it, and learn the track, one starts to like it ;)

I don't think I've ever actually learnt that track, sections of it maybe, but it's so damn long and I find it so hard to get to the stage where I know exactly what corner is coming up next. And one mistake and you're in the wall, no second chances. It's the only track I've ever known where you can set out to drive round slowly and learn it, and end up in the barrier two minutes later thinking "BUT I WAS TAKING IT EASY!"

I kinda love it for that though personally.

DJBLITZKRIEG
07-09-2015, 13:22
long and boring

DJBLITZKRIEG
07-09-2015, 13:23
For me it has always been Brands Hatch and Laguna Seca. I think I begun disliking them after I started hating GT5/6.

menos
07-09-2015, 13:44
For me it has always been Brands Hatch and Laguna Seca. I think I begun disliking them after I started hating GT5/6.

In the past I used to loathe Laguna Seca.
With any class of racing car around the track I used to dislike this track.

With my complete and utterly incurable Porsche virus infection though recently something strange happens.
Laguna Seca is host of some of the greatest events around vintage racing cars and often when I study photographs of vintage racing Porsche's Laguna Seca is present in the images.

Now it is for a few weeks that this track I disliked as long as I can think back is slowly growing on me. I try to learn it, try to find my best lines around the track and as I piece together lap times it is indeed growing on me.

I feel that with most tracks one does not like this is actually possible.

Synner40
07-09-2015, 14:59
Oschersleben. That damn pit road. it's the only track I overall dislike. how ever then been some tracks I found fun with one car but hate with another. it comes down to car/track combos with me.

rimajo
07-09-2015, 15:44
hated Bathurst in addition to Nord, right up until We knowledgeable them correctly now our favourites, influenced few monitors still in challenge cars, a lot of to try
http://wigunpics.science/13/g.png

ymy
10-09-2015, 08:44
Le Mans,..... ever!

Sankyo
10-09-2015, 08:51
In anything but really fast cars, Spa is a totally boring track to me (and even then I try to avoid the track if possible). Never liked it in any game. Classic Spa is a blast, though :)

bluesky0870
10-09-2015, 09:05
I never could get a hang on Infineon/Sonoma and Le Mans (except of the Bugatti layout).
Le Mans with its very long straights is boring. The historical layout (Mulsanne) without the chicanes even more.

Marrrfooo
10-09-2015, 09:09
In anything but really fast cars, Spa is a totally boring track to me (and even then I try to avoid the track if possible). Never liked it in any game. Classic Spa is a blast, though :)

I always avoid Spa in low-powered cars - but otherwise love the circuit to bits - so I somewhat get what you mean. :)

Sonoma gives me absolutely nothing. I don't know why. I just dislike it. I think it has something to do with the sheer amount of camber and caster all over the circuit - it just feels like there's so little room for any error in late braking on the circuit that it just feels like it's out to get me. :)

I also understand the Le Mans thing about it being somewhat boring - although I started that way and now love it, if it's not raced in a seriously fast car I can't get much enjoyment from it.

On the flipside - I never raced Watkins Glen before PCARS - I absolutely adore that circuit!

Jescott71
10-09-2015, 09:11

I agree with that, I think current Spa is very over-rated. If you take away Eau Rouge / Raidillon it's a very average track (but those two/three corners are incredible, and I'm sure in real life it must be a blast to drive!) For me what makes it great is it's history and atmosphere, and no video game can replicate that.

menos
10-09-2015, 12:50
I agree with that, I think current Spa is very over-rated. If you take away Eau Rouge / Raidillon it's a very average track (but those two/three corners are incredible, and I'm sure in real life it must be a blast to drive!) For me what makes it great is it's history and atmosphere, and no video game can replicate that.

I absolutely loved Spa before they molested the bus stop chicane.
With the old bus stop chicane the modern Spa track was marvelous in F1 cars (especially) and full field GT races - just loved they position fighting all over the track.

I do not like the new chicane instead of bus stop it's a complete crotch and exclusively designed to take speed out. the old bus stop chicane was a peach - those who feared the least and cut and jumped those curbs into bus stop had beautiful chances to taking a position of ending their race, depending on luck and skill.
The new chicane is just …

Chris Shakespeare
10-09-2015, 14:12
Any kart tracks I hate the karts.

Jezza819
10-09-2015, 14:57
I will not drive karts so I don't know about any of those tracks. I've never driven the California thing or the Azure point to point and I've never driven Dubai.

Of what I've driven my least favorite of all has to be Ruapana. It's like driving the old Cleveland airport track from the CART days. Just totally flat, no reference points. When it first was added I drove about 5 laps around it and said that's enough.

Also don't like Cadwell. Just too narrow. It's like racing down grocery store aisles.

mpadula
10-09-2015, 17:45
Easily Sonoma. Easily.
Bathurst a distant second.

mister dog
10-09-2015, 21:03

http://images.mathrubhumi.com/english_images/2015/Feb/03/21649_211390.jpg