PDA

View Full Version : [TYRE SOUND] Pcars vs Assetto Corsa Handling

eddyg123
21-05-2015, 13:14
Hi i have been a member of WMD for a few years and fluctuate between these two titles. Although i think Assetto Corsa has slightly better feel, what i have noticed is that why this is, is not necessarily the force feedback, but is auditory clues as to the behavior of the car. Try turning down the volume on Assetto Corsa and the "feel" drops away. The main reason for this is the Tyre squeal!!!! Now this gives you more info as to grip levels of car and is useful in the subjective handling of the car. This squeal is much quieter in Pcars, now i have followed motor sport for many years, and cars don't race around tracks with tyres screaching all over the place, and when they do lose traction, it is actually quiet with race tyres.so Pcars is more realistic than assetto!! But it would be nice to have the option to increase this noise, and i think people will find improved handling.
Pcars best RACING game EVER made!!! perhaps not simulator?

Thoughts?????

Umer Ahmad
21-05-2015, 13:16
Mentioned earlier, individual sound slider controls are planned for future patch

Umer Ahmad
21-05-2015, 13:23
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26505-LOUDER-please-improve-the-sound-of-tires

NemethR
21-05-2015, 13:41
Thoughts?????

I have watched a lot of real races, and I must say, by the point you hear a racing tyre squeal, you lost the car already.
This is why I can't drive AC at all.

I am happy that Project Cars is doing this properly (in my eyes).

robertedell
21-05-2015, 15:18
I have watched a lot of real races, and I must say, by the point you hear a racing tyre squeal, you lost the car already.
This is why I can't drive AC at all.

I am happy that Project Cars is doing this properly (in my eyes).

What you hear watching and what you hear driving are often not the same thing due to the fact your ears pickup a lot more when your body (arms, legs, seat etc) are connected to the source of the audible vibration. In real life we can feel and hear as we approach edge of grip. Unless you are in a full cockpit sim we miss the forces and vibrations of real life. Increasing the audible clues would help make up for the deficit of not having a cockpit.

jgaganas
21-05-2015, 15:42
My thoughts: Squeals WAY too much in AC (even in GT3 cars going slow through slow corners).

gp20
21-05-2015, 15:45
Slick tyres do not make noise.(or almost)
Pcars is realistic.

Mahjik
21-05-2015, 16:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSCLIP9lmmE

What you hear watching and what you hear driving are often not the same thing due to the fact your ears pickup a lot more when your body (arms, legs, seat etc) are connected to the source of the audible vibration. In real life we can feel and hear as we approach edge of grip.

I can tell you from experience, unless you are driving an electric car, the engine/exhaust noise is going to be louder than anything you will hear from slicks as the driver (unless you have already lost it). I've looked back at some of my videos and heard some light screeching when the car was sliding, but it wasn't something I heard "in the moment". I was simply reacting to the body language of the car.

FWIW, I do understand what you mean about providing extra clues since there is a lack of sensations in the virtual realm. I just wanted to clarify what a driver really does or doesn't hear when driving. It's obviously different with grooved/street tires.

yusupov
21-05-2015, 16:52
i dont mind exaggerating effects; actually im in favor of it if anything, but there is something AC in particular does, maybe its what someone mentioned above about being at low-speed, where it becomes very grating & breaks immersion for me. its just so clearly 'not right' that instead of helping me it takes me out of the game.

Clutch
21-05-2015, 17:18
I like how assetto Corsa has a slight controller vibration when you are on the edge of loosing control.

mister dog
21-05-2015, 17:29
Mentioned earlier, individual sound slider controls are planned for future patch
Is wind noise included as a slider? Thanks in advance.