PDA

View Full Version : graphics

TimN
21-05-2015, 13:44
Hi guys,

So I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but are the graphics on the ps4 as good as the pc? I've seen some pc screen shots and it looks alot better, I thought the ps4 was next gen? I have everything in display set to max, but it still not as good a I thought it would be.

Am I doing something wrong?

Max Kelly
21-05-2015, 13:48
No.

ps4 performance are similar to the performance PC set to med/high

ctzn
21-05-2015, 13:59
As Max Kelly said, though the PS4 version looks outstanding, a high end PC will always be able to achieve more graphical detail.

Beatminister
21-05-2015, 14:11
Remember a PS4 costs 350Euro - keen PC gamers pay more for just one graphics card alone.

TimN
21-05-2015, 16:20
Remember a PS4 costs 350Euro - keen PC gamers pay more for just one graphics card alone.

This i can understand, but if you look at things like kill zone or gta5. the ps4 can obviously handle alot more detail. even drive club has more visual basics, like better grass and what not. And i traded drive club in, because its not very good. so im wondering if im missing something

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 16:23
This i can understand, but if you look at things like kill zone or gta5. the ps4 can obviously handle alot more detail. even drive club has more visual basics, like better grass and what not. And i traded drive club in, because its not very good. so im wondering if im missing something

All those games don't have the complex physics model PCARS has. And Driveclub is a single platform 30fps game with only a fraction of the cars on the screen at the same time.

AngelBrow
21-05-2015, 16:29
Joy of playing > graphics!

MakoShark222
21-05-2015, 16:30
Hi guys,

So I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but are the graphics on the ps4 as good as the pc? I've seen some pc screen shots and it looks alot better, I thought the ps4 was next gen? I have everything in display set to max, but it still not as good a I thought it would be.

Very debatable! If you have a few extra thousand dollars then no, PC will look much better. I will say this...I'd bet the graphics I see on my PS4 unscaled to 4K looks far superior than 90% of the PC running this game. Yes PS4 running this game at an UNSCALED 4K!

SpaceMachine
21-05-2015, 16:32

http://www.specsavers.co.uk

AngelBrow
21-05-2015, 16:40
T
http://www.specsavers.co.uk

Classy move! I like it! Hahah

HarryHoodlum
21-05-2015, 16:46
I think this game looks remarkable. The thing is that the graphics are consistent across the entire world. It's not like Gran Turismo, where the cars have 2 million polygons and the trees are carboard cutouts. The world that SMS has built here is ALIVE, and to me, that's the most important thing. No one is counting texture resolutions at 200mph, are they?

TimN
22-05-2015, 08:48
T

Classy move! I like it! Hahah

Hahahahaha, that genuinely made me laugh.

so im not saying it looks bad, it doesnt it looks good. its just theres something not quite right that i cant put my finger on, im obviously a quick driver if i have time to admire the scenery.

bataleon
22-05-2015, 09:26
Sometimes while lapping the Nordschleife I change the camera to follow cam, slow down, and just look at the beauty of it all. Not too fussed if it means my lap time is a minute slower than usual. lol.

Like Beatminister said, for the price point it's not bad at all.

TimN
22-05-2015, 09:34
I have to admit, I was in the old lotus f1 last night. That's was pretty special.

I just find sometimes the grass and roads look old gen. And the cars don't look like they are on the floor sometimes?

Don't know, must be me. Not saying it looks bad it doesn't, it looks good. But I was expecting the ps4 platform to handle more.

CopperySinger5
22-05-2015, 10:02
Driveclub has the graphics scenery, Project Cars has the racing scenery.

since the details in environment for driveclub seems better, however I think ProjectCars has better details in racing dynamics such as brake markers and debris; thanks to the 1080p graphics I can getting timing perfect;ps4

Franco Ferrari
22-05-2015, 10:30
I just find sometimes the grass and roads look old gen. And the cars don't look like they are on the floor sometimes?

Grass tech and undercar shadowing are two of the major points of graphical improvements being developed or planned (along with the raindrops on windscreen).

TimN
22-05-2015, 10:34
Grass tech and undercar shadowing are two of the major points of graphical improvements being developed or planned (along with the raindrops on windscreen).

That makes me very happy, i shall now shut up, and go away. Thank you.