PDA

View Full Version : LMP 2 @ Nürburgring GP

JabuJubei
21-05-2015, 14:43
Hi everyone,
I using the standard setup on Nürburgring GP von my Oreca Nissan LMP 2 on Career mode.
The weather is quite unsettled at light rain and clouds (so I tried different kinds of tires). On "dry" track I can push to ~ 1:56. The AI drives 1:52 to 1:50 (I think).
Usually I achieve P1 to P8 in the Career Mode but on this track it is like the AI is driving on rails with massive downforce in corners and even more power on the straights.
Any hinds for a better tuning setup?

Thanks for your help

Briareos79
21-05-2015, 17:29
Da bei dir als Location Rostock steht antworte ich einfach mal in Deutsch:)
Ich bin im Solomodus auch grad bei der LMP2-Weltmeisterschaft im Gange und hatte erst kürzlich Nürburgring GP als Rennen. Meine schnellste Runde im Rennen selbst war auch irgendetwas mit 1:50:XXX, die KI war auch ähnlich schnell. Ich benutze ein leicht abgewandeltes Base-Setup. Ich zähle einfach mal die Werte auf die ich abgeändert habe:
Reifendruck 1,70 Bar rundherum
Bremskraft 93%
Bremsbalance 56%
Downforce vorne/hinten 7/7
Steeringratio 12.9
Spur vorne -0,1
Accel Lock 24
Decel Lock 30
Slip preload 60
Rear left/right Fast Rebound jeweils 4500
und natürlich grad so viel Treibstoff wie ich brauche;)

Ich habe allerdings als Fahrhilfe die Traktionskontrolle in den Optionen eingeschaltet und bin mit 'nem Lenkrad und Pedalen unterwegs.

JabuJubei
22-05-2015, 10:37
Ganz ungewohnt hier mal was auf deutsch zu lesen ;)
OK, ich werde das demnächst mal ausprobieren und gebe dann auch mal ein Feedback.
Danke für die Hilfe

Invincible
22-05-2015, 10:41
Even though I'm from Germany too, please post in english only, as some setups might be interesting for other users too.

At least edit your post and add an english translation please.

Thank you.

Briareos79
22-05-2015, 11:56
Even though I'm from Germany too, please post in english only, as some setups might be interesting for other users too.

At least edit your post and add an english translation please.

Thank you.

No Problem.

Tire Pressure 1,70 Bar all around
Brake Pressure 93%
Brake Balance 56%
Downforce front/rear 7/7
Steeringratio 12.9
Front Toe -0,1
Accel Lock 24
Decel Lock 30
Slip preload 60
Rear left/right Fast Rebound 4500 each

OpticalHercules
23-05-2015, 00:36
Thank you for this!

JabuJubei
23-05-2015, 09:50
I tested the new tuning for a few laps.
Now I go ahead to 1:53.XXX and Potential to 1:52.XXX
But 1:50 is not possible for me. This seems to be the best that I can achieve (on dry track with soft slicks).
One thing I still not understand is, that Nürburgring GP is the only track (until now) where I am significantly slower than the AI (even on better conditions).
Maybe I simply suck on this track ;)

Briareos79
23-05-2015, 12:42
Yes the AI seems to be more competitive on Nürburgring GP than on some other tracks, I don't know why either.
I don't know where you lose your time but for me the crucial hotspots are the three hard braking zones with very slow corners following after them. Those are turn 1, then Dunlopkehre and the last one is the chicane at the end of the lap. I always brake at the last possible moment, and right away with full force, then I gradually ease off the brakes until only a tiny bit of braking force is left. I then use that braking force to induce a spin to get around the corner faster. By braking too early or not carrying enough speed through the corner one can easily lose 1+ seconds on every one of those hard braking zones. There is also a ghost of a 1:50:7XX lap of me online in the leaderboard for the Oreca. My ingame nick is megadyne if you want to see a lap of seomeone with identical Setup.