PDA

View Full Version : Fully customisable Imperial and Metric units of measurement

KPD
21-05-2015, 14:55
Fully customisable units of measurement would be nice. As in Imperia/Metric option per each individual measurement. For example, current setting won't allow MPH for speed combined with Centigrade for tempurate, which is quite surprising considering the developer is a British company. If I wanted Centigrade temp readings, I'd have settle for KPH speed readings and that's not very ideal.

I would also like to have the same HUD measurement setting on the MoTeC LCD displays in the cars. It's a bit strange to have MPH on the HUD and KPH on the LCD.

MULTIVITZ
21-05-2015, 16:32
Bit of a hard task, I think the computation is in metric and would require lots of little conversion codes to collect then send for display. The games working overtime as it is! You would have thought it was possible though.

KPD
22-05-2015, 12:55
Not sure about that to be honest. I would presume that it'd more demanding to calculate and display two different readings at the same time for hud and motec display. But that's just based on common sense without any programming background. I would love to hear from the devs on this. At any case, I doubt it'll be significant enough to dramatically affect performance of such an advanced game.

poet
21-09-2015, 12:14
Hello,
From the UK, and (awkwardly) we use both MPH (imperial) and Celsius (metric).

Can there please be separate menu entries for speed and temperature?

If I want to see my speed in "proper" numbers I need MPH, but that means temps are in some weird numbers that don't make sense. :)

Thanks muchly.

Mascot
21-09-2015, 13:07
I concur.

Invincible
21-09-2015, 13:51
Even though I use kph and C, I think this would be a good idea.

creepyd
23-09-2015, 12:30
Lol I wondered why the temps were in meaningless Fahrenheit.

redruMKO
29-09-2015, 16:57
I'm from the UK, and I vote against.

We should get on with it and go fully metric.

I almost had a stroke when I saw behind the scenes in a US game-dev studio, their 3D-engine was programmed in crazy imperial units!

Angst1974
30-09-2015, 02:28
I'm good, I just want psi instead of bar

venquessa
30-11-2015, 13:22
So in the game we can select "Imperial" or "Metric" units.

Is it possible to have a third option, "UK" with speed in mph, distance in miles and temps in *C ?