PDA

View Full Version : G27 H Shifter and per car steering degrees

TheIronWolf
21-05-2015, 16:04
Hi,

I've been racing with MB 190E and using my H shifter with manual clutch. Quite often, I would get stuck in neutral (shift won't happen). I do not think my shifter is bad, I have no problem in other games. Has anyone noticed anything like that? It seems that what helps is shifting very carefully - depressing clutch fully then changing gear. I wonder if I need to adjust sensitivity/dead zone for clutch (never had to in other games)?

Second question is: is it possible to change steering degrees (lock to lock) per car? I know I can change steering ratio, but that's not what I want. I do not like spring lock of G27. In my other games, even if I drive GT3 car (which most often has 540 degrees of rotation), I still set degrees to 900 but increase lock (in pCars decrease steering ratio). The reason for doing that is so that I can use physical G27 lock, which is 900. I realize this is unrealistic, but I like it better than spring lock, which confuses me.

Per Jack Spade's guide, spring lock can be disabled. But what I don't understand is if wheels will continue to turn or it is just I won't feel spring lock?

Cheers!

rbl
21-05-2015, 16:20
Are you trying to shift very fast? You need to shift slower in old cars with slow manual gearboxes.

Why do you not want to change the steering ratio? From what I understand that should do exactly what you want to achieve. (never tried it myself)

TheIronWolf
21-05-2015, 16:33
Well, take SLS: I like steering ratio of 12:1:1, but game has lock at 540 degrees. I want 12:1:1 but 900 degrees so that I hit physical lock.

rbl
21-05-2015, 16:52
Ah, that's not possible I think.
The front wheels of the car have some maximum steering angle (does 12:1 with 540 degrees make 45 degrees of front wheel turning?). You can change the steering ratio, so that you can achieve the maximum steering angle with different ammount of rotation of your steering wheel, but you cannot force the car to turn more.

How would that work with 1:1 ratio in Karts? Should the front wheels be able to turn around several times? :)

TheIronWolf
21-05-2015, 17:09
I agree this won't make sense for 1:1 ratio. Thanks man!