PDA

View Full Version : Played online this morning....

vettelish
21-05-2015, 17:29
And it was awesome !

I have been reading a lot about the folks that just crash everyone because they are mad they will never leave their parents basement. Go ahead fool I will be laughing as I cruise by. I really enjoyed it . Tons of good mates from Europe and very clean racing !

Thank you good time !! Cant wait to get on again tonight after work!

Question?

Best GT3 car for overall balance ? Online fav seems to be 12CGT3

Mr.Smoke
21-05-2015, 17:33
My favourite GT3 car is the BMW Z4.

LADY GEMMA JANE
21-05-2015, 18:15
I've had no problems playing online so far

awaite85
21-05-2015, 18:19
I've had a couple of rough starts but nothing major. Also, I've joined sessions where they are mid-session and i've been started way behind where the pack is starting, so that's a weird one.

Umer Ahmad
21-05-2015, 18:37
Audi is best GT3 car for balance.

vettelish
21-05-2015, 18:48
Audi is best GT3 car for balance.

yeah just seems slow. maybe i am not pushing it hard enough

thank for all the info so far guys

321Respawn
22-05-2015, 06:08
Mostly online Is fine but with the amount of 1st and 2nd lap quitters you can go from last to podium finish if you just stick with it.
I don't know why they bother even entering if they aren't willing to stick it out ,fair enough if damage is on and you wreck but otherwise stay to the end.
The other annoying thing is the guy that bumper bashes rather than trying a clean pass but that is par for the course online .

Luke Townsend
22-05-2015, 06:28
Vettelish, glad you got a good race! :) GT3 is terrific, thanks to all the variety of cars to choose from but none dominating in all areas. I'm not a great driver but for me I'm growing to love the Aston the most.

Bealdor
22-05-2015, 08:09
yeah just seems slow. maybe i am not pushing it hard enough

thank for all the info so far guys

Reduce rear downforce, make front springs softer, make rear springs a bit harder and all the slowness and understeer is gone.

Thomas Sikora
22-05-2015, 08:18
some times from JetPistol (a very quick driver from WMD)
Nordschleife
6:39 Z4 GT3
6:38 Aston GT3
6:38,5 M3 GT
6:38,5 12CGT3

all Cars are in 1second area on NS!!!
the cars are very well balanced, no need to change here something or to add a favorite for balance, the cars are and must be different, but more important, they are nearly same quick.

I personly like the Z4...because i drive one :D

fitzsteve
22-05-2015, 12:47
My fav is the M4 GT3 as well.

Generally online has been fun but come across a few idiots like one today who was complaining he got blocked in Quali so went on to ruin the race for everyone by jumping the start and causing a pile up them driving the wrong way and ramming :(

I was running in 2nd and he got me on Lap 3, my car was totaled and I got DQ!!!!

vettelish
22-05-2015, 15:00
Reduce rear downforce, make front springs softer, make rear springs a bit harder and all the slowness and understeer is gone.

Nice I will try that tonight

The MOTO
22-05-2015, 21:49
I has good time racing night Vette! Thanks for invite! Hope again times happen near future!

Jesse Fahrenkrog
24-05-2015, 02:26
I was in some great races tonight too! Of course with Monaco tomorrow any server running there in the FA has been busy and almost everyone was racing well. Guys would have bad luck or whatever and get lapped but they'd get way out of the way to let you by.(I'd gladly do the same) Freakin awesome! And had some great position battles too. Been simming a long time but I've been driving this one A LOT!

JetPistol
06-06-2015, 18:26
some times from JetPistol (a very quick driver from WMD)
Nordschleife
6:39 Z4 GT3
6:38 Aston GT3
6:38,5 M3 GT
6:38,5 12CGT3

all Cars are in 1second area on NS!!!
the cars are very well balanced, no need to change here something or to add a favorite for balance, the cars are and must be different, but more important, they are nearly same quick.

These first laps were done with the respective default setup for each car. I did some quick testing with some setup changes during the last days. Note that these time aren't the optimum. With a good lap, a solid setup and plenty of time, you could probably gain up to three (or even four) seconds with each car. But you're pretty damn right with the cars beeing close together laptime-wise at Nordschleife. Mercedes SLS is a f*cking topspeed-rocket hitting 300 kph in the compression after Döttinger Höhe. Can't speak for any other GP tracks, though.

http://i.imgur.com/Il8Up1M.png
(Please note that M3 laptime wasn't that good. There's a laptime delta of roughly two seconds between fastest and 'slowest' GT3 for me.)

Physics- and FFB-wise, only the Audi R8 LMS feels a bit off. It's just terribly stiff even at softest sping and damper settings which makes it incredibly hard to keep it on track because it bounces all over the place.

Thomas Sikora
06-06-2015, 20:02
^^
conclusion: we have a very nice balance of performance for the GT3 :)

sure, here or there on special tracks has the one or other car a low benefit, but in mean all cars are..we can say... identical fast

Dam351
07-06-2015, 01:17
Love the GT 3, 4 & 5 classes. Imo its horses for courses with Mac & R8 better on flatter/smooth tracks like Silverstone international and Brno and others like bumpier tracks like bathurst, brands and Donington. Z4 is bi and likes both.