PDA

View Full Version : Error CE-34878-0

Goresh
21-05-2015, 17:46
Just had the game completely shut down with this error. Sony explains what it is:

"The PS4 error CE-34878-0 is displayed when a game or system application crashes. When the system crashes, all unsaved progress is usually lost. The error tends to happen to PS4 games that are poorly optimized or have bugs and glitches. The error code can also be displayed as CE-36329-3 on some systems."

Is it safe to say its all of the above? Is it also safe to say this game should have never been released on the consoles in this state? I'm really torn on this title, I love it but fear it will go the route of other ports and will never be right. I'm floored at the amount of bugs and features that simple don't work in this PS4 title. Simply selecting different skins for the cars is broken, sometimes it works and the selected skin is saved, other times you get to the track and find it didn't. I won't bother listing all the bugs I've seen as they have been covered in other threads but would like to know the developers take on this? Please explain why all these bugs made it through to the consoles?

flatspunout
21-05-2015, 19:57
I get that code about half the times I try to join an online session in progress, the other half I get locked into bumper cam and am unable to cycle through to cockpit. Loving the game nonetheless, just frustrating!

LordDRIFT
21-05-2015, 20:04
Worse case scenario if it never gets fixed it will hold us over until GT3 comes out. Now the cake would be if Kaz cleans up his fucking act and change from his current. I used to live and breath GT yet I've probably put more hours in Pcars the 1 week I've owned it than ive put in gt6 all together. Its just such a sterile game (I favor single player).

madmax2069
21-05-2015, 20:09
When you report the crash to SONY, SONY forwards the crash report to the developers (it contains logs of what went wrong). They will fix the issues.

apexatspeed
22-05-2015, 07:35
This error code is happening more often for me now. It seems to happens to everyone in the lobby at the same time and it is very frustrating.

Equation
22-05-2015, 08:10
This happened me while I drive Formula A, track was Azura and game mode was Free Practice. I returned to pit and exit, then this error message come.

madmax2069
22-05-2015, 08:13
Happened again while waiting in the result screen after practice.

hkraft300
22-05-2015, 09:11
Happening more often, last few days than previous weeks. Anyone noticed that?

ivan-hoe78
22-05-2015, 23:52
Just had the game completely shut down with this error. Sony explains what it is:

"The PS4 error CE-34878-0 is displayed when a game or system application crashes. When the system crashes, all unsaved progress is usually lost. The error tends to happen to PS4 games that are poorly optimized or have bugs and glitches. The error code can also be displayed as CE-36329-3 on some systems."

Is it safe to say its all of the above? Is it also safe to say this game should have never been released on the consoles in this state? I'm really torn on this title, I love it but fear it will go the route of other ports and will never be right. I'm floored at the amount of bugs and features that simple don't work in this PS4 title. Simply selecting different skins for the cars is broken, sometimes it works and the selected skin is saved, other times you get to the track and find it didn't. I won't bother listing all the bugs I've seen as they have been covered in other threads but would like to know the developers take on this? Please explain why all these bugs made it through to the consoles?

The situation is delicate at this moment. For all of us, users and devs. I think never again should be released a game like Project Cars. The problem is not the game it's incomplete. The game it's not finished.

The release of any game can have some minor bugs, we understand this. Or like Driveclub, which was incomplete when released, but works very good with no big bugs. Now Project Cars have a huge amount of bugs, and a lot of people can't play it.

For me the worst part is that this game without a patch for fixing the bugs, it's practically unusable. Mainly the disc version, like I have.

The devs assuming that all people will have internet to update the game when the patch is ready. But, what happens with the poor guys have bought the game and can´t have internet? For various reasons, for example a guy living in a little town in Canada near mountains and internet connection cannot reach his zone...or a guy who don't have a job and not much money, can't afford a monthly internet connection, and the only reason to buy the game it's supposed a big big effort to him...etc

I'm assuming that this kind of people can't having internet, they bought the disc version. For them the game it's completely unusable because the big bugs. So I say a game never should be released like this again. Never again.

And I have not seen anyone saying "sorry". Maybe they have apologized, but I don't see it. I give my thanks to the devs to make this dream for real, a beautiful racing game-simulator for us, lovers of racing and cars. I believe they are working hard now to fix the game. But I please pray that this will not happen again.

The only thing we have now it's our patience and hope for a fix of all the issues.

Hope my english was understandable. Peace for all.

hkraft300
24-05-2015, 15:43
Deleted all the game data off the system, then reinstalled (including download patch etc)
Yes, the game has crashed once or twice since the reinstall, but not the same code.
Seems to be fixed.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5111/~/ps4%3A-error-codes

KaySlay1
14-06-2016, 19:57
I've been having this problem when attempting a pit stop. Is this still a common issue? Any help would be massively appreciated.

An error has occurred in the following application:
(CE-34878-0)
Project CARS

Driving with the Lotus Type 72d Cosworth in a private multiplayer session at the Imola circuit. Every time I attempt a pit stop, it changes the tyres as normal and the lollipop man moves. Just as the car is about to move away from the pitbox, the blue screen pops up with the above error message. I've tried 3 times after resetting the router and PS4, but the problem is still continuing to happen.

Thought this might be circuit specific, so I tried a different track with the same lobby settings. The problem still occurred.

I am using a T300RS wheel with stock pedals.

Yatch20
13-12-2017, 16:03
Depois do update Patch 3.01 o código 38784 é praticamente o jogo, Não é possível mudar o carro no Lobby pré corrida. Já reinstall o game é fiz backup e não resolveu o problema, estou muito furioso, preciso de uma solução urgente. Onde está o suporte do jogo, isso é obrigação da produtora manter a manutenção do produto!

Sankyo
13-12-2017, 16:22
This forum is English only.