PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster T300RS "Disconnecting"

Prontopac
21-05-2015, 18:18
During solo racing for no apparent reason, my Thrustmaster wheel will suddenly disconnect. Typically, this happens after using the wheel for a given period of time, usually about mid-way during a race. So, operation is fine during warm-ups, qualifying and for most of a 6 lap race.

I've been able to get the wheel back online after hitting the PS button, but the wheel will disconnect repeatedly afterwards. Remaining option is to turn off the PS4.

I suspect the wheel is overheating, but the wheel is cool to the touch and odor free. I plan to reduce the force feedback to see if that helps and I will report back with my findings.

I'd be curious to see if anyone else has the same problem, and as a note, the wheel works fine in DriveClub.

Prontopac
21-05-2015, 20:14
Well, I did make some changes to my wheel configuration (lowering the feedback and adding some smoothing,) and it did seem to help. I played pCars for over an hour and everything worked fine, except my driving.

If anything else occurs, I will post another update.

Skeme_DBT
22-05-2015, 02:16
Never had this happen.
Might be a problem with your wheel. Does it happen in Driveclub(if you have it)?

MartyNam
22-05-2015, 21:12
Yes its happening for me too from time to time
i think in more intense ffb use like formula driving its happning more frequent

I have pcars with pc