PDA

View Full Version : why does qualifying not let me finish

bkfount
21-05-2015, 18:29
Why cant I finish my lap when the time runs out during qualifying?

I cross the line before time expires, giving me another lap. The game even recognizes this. It still cuts me off halfway though, and is infuriated when you're pushing for that final fast clean lap.

AlexanderHC
21-05-2015, 19:39
I agree. But if I'm not mistaken, they wish to change it at some point to reflect real life.

Trumpet
22-05-2015, 07:16
I've noticed this but sometimes it does allow me to finish the lap the clock changes to a set time 2 mins or something for me to finish the lap,could be a bug?

Bealdor
22-05-2015, 08:05
MP: I think it's working as intended right now to stop griefers from never finishing
SP: It's a bug because it definitely worked correctly during development and should do that now too.

D1rty Duck UK
22-05-2015, 10:28
If the lap is live then it should count as a hot lap. Every time this happens in career it annoys me as the lap should count

Pressure Drop
26-06-2015, 02:54
I hope there is some way of implementing this into online, even if it is just an option in the menu.
I understand about stopping the griefers, but perhaps there could be a way around it, such as once the timer exceeds the fastest lap, then the game will move on. I think this could work

nissan4ever
26-06-2015, 10:08
It works in SP. You don't finish lap in MP.

BMWE87
26-06-2015, 10:09
MP: I think it's working as intended right now to stop griefers from never finishing
SP: It's a bug because it definitely worked correctly during development and should do that now too.

Not entirely true. It's worked for me sometimes in SP and other times it hasn't.

mkstatto
26-06-2015, 10:57
Not entirely true. It's worked for me sometimes in SP and other times it hasn't.

From my experiences as I only play career mode, it happens when I do multiple lap runs (i.e. more than one flying lap), I tend to be out for the whole session as I skip practice so I do it to learn the track and pick up speed lap by lap. The game seems to recognise one flying lap if you exit the pit near the end of the session. Its certainly very much bugged.

While were talking about qualiy, I'd really love the option for knock-out qualifying F1 style as an add on.

BMWE87
26-06-2015, 11:41
From my experiences as I only play career mode, it happens when I do multiple lap runs (i.e. more than one flying lap), I tend to be out for the whole session as I skip practice so I do it to learn the track and pick up speed lap by lap. The game seems to recognise one flying lap if you exit the pit near the end of the session. Its certainly very much bugged.

While were talking about qualiy, I'd really love the option for knock-out qualifying F1 style as an add on.

I only play Career Mode too bud. Sometimes it's worked and other times it hasn't. I can start a flying lap with the timer at 1 second and still be able to do the lap. Sometimes I can't. It's bugged I think.

KkDrummer
26-06-2015, 13:53

This! It seems to be a random event.

Schnizz58
26-06-2015, 15:28
And it always seems like you're on a real flyer that last lap too.

BMWE87
26-06-2015, 15:35
And it always seems like you're on a real flyer that last lap too.

Sods law.

lsheen6212
30-06-2015, 21:18
Doesn't work for me in SP. I did once see a popup telling me that there was not enough time to finish a lap but it let me. The essential problem with the game is that the problems don't occur all the time so they are difficult to get a hold of.

Dynomight Motorsports
01-07-2015, 00:39
Its funny, because that last lap is always your best one..That's the only time anyone cares. I've been fortunate to have won 2 poles, but that first race I was pissed because I was on a fast lap at Silverstone mired in 3rd place and I was tracking in Green to take the pole...Only to be thwarted by the session clock.

In all fairness I prefer to just go out and run my best lap and park it in the Garage. It's more of a Mental thing when you can set the pace and cover the car up early.

stux
01-07-2015, 01:14
Its funny, because that last lap is always your best one..That's the only time anyone cares. I've been fortunate to have won 2 poles, but that first race I was pissed because I was on a fast lap at Silverstone mired in 3rd place and I was tracking in Green to take the pole...Only to be thwarted by the session clock.

In all fairness I prefer to just go out and run my best lap and park it in the Garage. It's more of a Mental thing when you can set the pace and cover the car up early.

Yep, last two online qualifiers I did I was on target for fastest lap and 'finished' on the home straight just before the line :(

Be better if it behaved like solo, or if there was a countdown to allow you to finish your last flying lap