PDA

View Full Version : Fix multiplayer which is full of morons.

Greenymesh
21-05-2015, 18:40
I'm sorry if there is another thread on this somewhere else, but I'm just to frustrated to look.

I don't normally play multiplayer on project cars and In fact this was the first multiplayer race I have played. I'm more of a tune and master a car kind of guy. Anyway I joined a GT3 Bathurst game, and it appeared to be quite well setup, e.g full damage engine wear 10 min practice qualifier etc. Then I found out how people play online... Crashing in to each other, and me at every oppertunity, their where people cutting the track not having any respect for bumping you off the track it was a shambles.

So I think that they need to ban these people from multiplayer, and also setup som challenges to complete before unlocking full multiplayer. For example still online but complete a race without crashing, and get a time under whatever on whatever track. Obiuously don't make the times to hard to beat, but I just think that will filter out all idiots that purposely crash into each other.

Any opinions are welcome and I'm sure the majority of drivers have respect for others.

McKiernan
21-05-2015, 18:47
This topic is getting old real fast. Make friends race them in private lobbys, problem fixed.

HarryHoodlum
21-05-2015, 18:50
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26789-WRC-Western-Racing-Community/page4

Jaykay495
21-05-2015, 19:12
Greeny, this lot are also good fun and clean racers.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25910-UK-EU-PS4-Clean-Racers-Please-read-First-Post!

Its much more enjoyable, and by far the most fun online. Some fast guys and girls in there!

Umer Ahmad
21-05-2015, 19:24
Racing is like sex, only do it with people you trust!

flatspunout
21-05-2015, 19:42
This topic is getting old real fast. Make friends race them in private lobbys, problem fixed.

This response is getting old. Implement a rating system and separate the wheat from the chaff. Problem fixed.

McKiernan
21-05-2015, 20:20
This response is getting old. Implement a rating system and separate the wheat from the chaff. Problem fixed.

Since there isn't a rating system at the moment, that solution is not really practical is it? So instead of creating yet another thread whinging about the randoms that one can meet online, how about being more proactive & looking for groups or create a group of likeminded people.

Edit: This post is not specifically directed at you, rather it is a comment on the number of similar threads.

Marimbakat
21-05-2015, 20:39
SeeTheAir.com is seeking non-morons to race with us. We've been pretty much moron-free for some 4 years now. The occasional idiots passes by, but we'd like to have a tune and master kinda driver like yourself.

Check us out at SeeTheAir.com (http://www.seetheair.com)

Roger Prynne
21-05-2015, 20:39
Racing is like sex, only do it with people you trust!
That's got me in a lot of trouble in the past because I'm a very trusting guy.....:culpability:

Ian Bell
21-05-2015, 20:41

No, we don't want to be exclusionary. There are other games out there for those who want to drive around afraid to touch another car or hit the grass.

We will implement a system to ghost obvious idiots. That should be sufficient in addition to being able to create private lobbies.

ROTTEN
21-05-2015, 20:46
No, we don't want to be exclusionary. There are other games out there for those who want to drive around afraid to touch another car or hit the grass.We will implement a system to ghost obvious idiots. That should be sufficient in addition to being able to create private lobbies.

Excellent!! At this point anything will help. Last 4 races I've been smashed into by blatant idiots going in the opposite direction.

flatspunout
21-05-2015, 21:17
No, we don't want to be exclusionary. There are other games out there for those who want to drive around afraid to touch another car or hit the grass.

We will implement a system to ghost obvious idiots. That should be sufficient in addition to being able to create private lobbies.

I don't want you to exclude anyone from playing the game either. Quite the opposite actually, I'd like for everyone to enjoy playing the game the way they want to play it with other drivers who play the same way. Is it safe to say that the driver rating system I see in the driver info screen will not be implemented? Your responses on this forum are appreciated, especially by someone coming from the F1 series and associated forums...much respect for you and your team.

wyldanimal
22-05-2015, 01:51
Welcome to the open world of on-line multi-Player racing.
Not everyone has the same idea of What a sim racer is.
Some just want to play demolishing derby.
Some get enjoyment out of running another guy off track..

that's how they enjoy the game..
It's different from what I think Sim racing is... But that Doesn't make my vision Right, and theirs wrong...

So when you venture into an Open Public lounge.. Expect to find all types in there..

If you want to race with Like Minded racers, then you have to Organize with trusted drivers, your own events.
And not every one has the same Race craft or Skill level.
So some, might try to race well, but just can't.

There probably was a day, when we all were like that..
Our race craft wasn't very good, we dive bombed corners, we cut the track..
we applied the brakes way too late ( I still find that a problem myself )
But we all had to Learn the craft someplace.. and that takes time.

We should try to Encourage the drivers who are willing to learn.
Maybe they are not fast, clean drivers now, but with the right guidance. who Knows.

For now, on the PS4, I'm really missing the Ability to Glance Left or Right..
(not enough buttons, none free to set to look left and right )
I can't see if another car is in my Proximity..
some colored proximity indicators would make a great addition..

lollygag
22-05-2015, 02:23

It's different from what I think Sim racing is... But that Doesn't make my vision Right, and theirs wrong...

Yes it does.

Would you do this in public, when your face to face with others? would you do this in traffic? would you do this in a line waiting to enter a theater? Its wrong and they know its wrong. They only do it because of the anonymity of the internet.. they wont do it in real life because they would get an ass kicking real fast.

Somtimes I say to myself.. yea if only I could actually touch you..

Greenymesh
22-05-2015, 07:02
I was also thinking of some divisions system depending on times, so all the racers are in divisions of there own calibre, it would be very likely that people in the higher divisions wouldn't crash into each other purposely as they have worked for those times and take the games seriously. Any thoughts on this?

CopperySinger5
22-05-2015, 11:32
In forza 4, the weak racers stayed on the bottom of the lobby list; in shame but we shouldn't kick them unless they are reckless. I would suggest adding session clean skill points to the online lobbies. Spinouts, offtrack, and crashing should receive less points

wyldanimal
22-05-2015, 16:32

So when you venture into an Open Public lounge.. Expect to find all types in there..

Yes it does.

Would you do this in public, when your face to face with others? would you do this in traffic? would you do this in a line waiting to enter a theater? Its wrong and they know its wrong. They only do it because of the anonymity of the internet.. they wont do it in real life because they would get an ass kicking real fast.

Somtimes I say to myself.. yea if only I could actually touch you..

In Real Life, Of course I have to agree 100%
This isn't REAL LIFE, it's a GAME!

The DEV's are out to make Money.
They aren't going to Block people from PLAYING the Game the way they want to play it.

To many of them, this is JUST a GAME.
They don't take it seriously, they are just out to have their FUN.

So in an Open Public Lounge. Expect it..
If you think your going to find nothing but Like Minded Good Clean drivers in the Public Lounges, you are Delusional.

The Reality is, there will be spoilers, so expect the worst and be glad when you come across better.

misterspockyall
22-05-2015, 18:57
I just have to jump in to give my stamp of approval to the title of this thread, which is excellent.

Iwanchek
22-05-2015, 20:46
agree OP!!
same here!

Ian Bell
22-05-2015, 20:47
Excellent!! At this point anything will help. Last 4 races I've been smashed into by blatant idiots going in the opposite direction.

We clearly need to stop that happening. We're on it.

Ian Bell
22-05-2015, 20:49
I don't want you to exclude anyone from playing the game either. Quite the opposite actually, I'd like for everyone to enjoy playing the game the way they want to play it with other drivers who play the same way. Is it safe to say that the driver rating system I see in the driver info screen will not be implemented? Your responses on this forum are appreciated, especially by someone coming from the F1 series and associated forums...much respect for you and your team.

As we're on console there are also legal ramifications associated with removing users.

The onus is on us as a dev team to add features to dissuade idiots. We're on it.

flatspunout
22-05-2015, 22:05
As we're on console there are also legal ramifications associated with removing users.

The onus is on us as a dev team to add features to dissuade idiots. We're on it.

Thanks Ian, it's refreshing to get answers straight from the Wookie's mouth. Just so I'm not being misunderstood, I don't think removing or excluding players from a game is the answer...something more along the lines of a ranked match/lobby system similar to other titles (racing and other genres included) or a license system. Definitely looking forward to seeing what your team is working on for future content/improvements. Fly casual!

Ryzza5
23-05-2015, 11:23
No, we don't want to be exclusionary.

With that in mind, could we at some point get an in-game option to show lobbies outside our region (without having to change the Steam download server location setting)? Australia doesn't have a whole lot of lobbies at the best of times. (i.e. have a toggle option showing the major continents and 'ALL'). If ping > xxx ms then make the car ghost or something, or flash up a warning suggesting the player look for another lobby. I just realise I've put a Steam suggestion in the PS4 area.

flatspunout
15-09-2015, 14:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMPNiabxHvc

chig88
15-09-2015, 16:42
Yep. Fairly standard.

Pretty much pointless playing in public lobbies.

flatspunout
15-09-2015, 17:04
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26967-Fix-multiplayer-which-is-full-of-morons

"We will implement a system to ghost obvious idiots. That should be sufficient in addition to being able to create private lobbies. "
"We clearly need to stop that happening. We're on it."
"The onus is on us as a dev team to add features to dissuade idiots. We're on it."

lordymatsuo
15-09-2015, 18:22
Whilst the devs try and work on a solution I'd recommend joining a club, there are plenty good clean race clubs out there now. Also checkout the mutliplayer event planning section here on the pcars forums. If you don;t want to join a club so to speak there are plenty of races and events being arranged where the level of driving is much better.

flatspunout
15-09-2015, 19:40
I didn't post my video in this thread since it has been dead since May, I guess the mods stuck it here. Really makes a point about promises made with no results almost four months later.

"We're on it"
"The Emperor does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation"

MLT24
15-09-2015, 19:46
Getting tired of everyone's answer being join a league, find some friends. How about SMS stepping up and making online lobbies more useful, easier to find "like minded" racers with a complete filter system. No it won't solve the problem 100%, but it sure would solve it to around 75% or more. Hey just add (Filter - No assist - Penalties on - etc. ) Ill find me plenty of good, clean racers with those filters for lobbies. Just do it SMS, JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!! You can't always get your friends all together at same time, plus I race with 5 clean racers, we like to go online and race other people too. But hard to find rooms that meet our criteria. Clean, no assist, penalties. Man been racing with those kinds of filters for the last 10 years on lot of racing game. SMS Come on, what?????

gzpermadi
16-09-2015, 14:56
Until SMS can fix this I suggest try to find lobby with no assist/real aid but without damage.
Yes, you still get pushed around but since most of them cannot drive you will still finish in the top 3.

flatspunout
16-09-2015, 16:18
Until SMS can fix this I suggest try to find lobby with no assist/real aid but without damage.
Yes, you still get pushed around but since most of them cannot drive you will still finish in the top 3.

Good idea, I could use the lobby filters from 2.0 to search....oh wait... :rolleyes:

deedub777
16-09-2015, 17:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMPNiabxHvc
Oh wow! This is the sort of thing we got on GT5. If it happened, the host would quit the race and boot the offender allowing the majority to race on. Then, only one guy suffers, not everyone.

pioneer1985
16-09-2015, 17:36
It would be nice if SMS implemented the ability for the host of the lobby to instant kick people instead of having to get votes to kick them as I think most people are not even aware of how to vote to kick. Also it would be nice if we could type in the chat box on the bottom left of the screen like they have on pc so we could communicate with people that don't use mics. I Don't get why games never put this feature on console but they have it on pc :confused: we can use the virtual keyboard and plus mouse and keyboard is supported on ps4 for people who want to use it.

ironwill8282
16-09-2015, 20:53
All they need to do I implement something simple like allowing the room host the ability to kick people without a vote. There should not be a need to organize a league just so you can have a decent race online.

Umer Ahmad
16-09-2015, 21:31
All they need to do I implement something simple like allowing the room host the ability to kick people without a vote. There should not be a need to organize a league just so you can have a decent race online.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38181-Please-quot-Kick-option-quot-for-host-(Multiplayer)&p=1119619&viewfull=1#post1119619

ChrisK
17-09-2015, 00:20
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38181-Please-quot-Kick-option-quot-for-host-(Multiplayer)&p=1119619&viewfull=1#post1119619

With all due respect, all you've done is link to a speculative discussion. This is why we need SMS to give us some transparency on what is being worked on for the next patch BEFORE the patch is released. If all we see is tinkering with looks, rendering, animations etc but not meaningful change then I think a lot of people are going to be very cross again.

This whole hoo-ha sales job of trying to say that PCars is different cos the users have an influence on the product doesn't mean anything unless you're engaging with the user in a meaningful way.

I think you'll find that the vast majority of regular users are pretty well aligned on what we think would be enormously beneficial to the game.

MLT24
17-09-2015, 03:26
Good idea, I could use the lobby filters from 2.0 to search....oh wait... :rolleyes:

Yeah, lmao, fliters 2.0. Good one! I hardly ever even go look online for no-assist rooms anymore, you end up searching more than you actually race. So I ended up starting career mode and having fun there. Will be great to get back to online one of these days, maybe by Christmas, I doubt it.

Bubbs
17-09-2015, 05:44
I've found that whacking tyre wear up to x7, and doing a minimum of 10 laps keeps the majority of the idiots away. Being a noob myself I tend to keep Tc and abs on. Those idiots that stay don't hang around for long because the race is comparatively longer.

It's still tough finding people of similar noobishness to me though. That said, I've been racing with a guy who is within +/- .5 of a sec pretty much everywhere - makes things more interesting when you're trying to decide whether to push hard, or save tyres.

You may say 'yeah, but what about when I get taken out on lap two?'.

Well, you change your pit strategy, get some clean air, watch the idiots get bored, and then catch the leaders when they inevitably make their stop / run out of grip.

stevemontuno
20-09-2015, 19:35
The best way would be to implement an "Online" license grading that works on how clean you drive,,just like in iracing and that would keep all the wreckers in a rookie league of some sort,,

At the moment the online is a nightmare ,

Umer Ahmad
20-09-2015, 19:43
Has the ghosting of the backwards drivers helped?

madmax2069
20-09-2015, 19:50
Ran into a few morons last night.

Was winning then they started resorting to corner cutting and ramming on Le Mans 24h, if they go fast enough through cutting the chicanes the slow down time hardly effects them, then they caught up to me and started ramming, eventually both ended up breaking a tire off hitting me (luckily I was able to limp the car around the track and still win).

The ghosting of cars driving backwards hasnt done much to slow them down, all that did was remove a tactic that they can use, they just resort to other tactics to get you.

andycass
20-09-2015, 20:00

Not really. Stationary cars have always been just as much a problem.

lollygag
20-09-2015, 20:34
The problem I've noticed with the ghosting (you can even see when theyre ghosted in the HUD map) is that when a car spins in front of you you can drive right thru them. Now this in a way is good as they dont effect your race but it kills the realism.. these should actually become obstacles that that you have to drive around.

madmax2069
20-09-2015, 20:40
The problem I've noticed with the ghosting (you can even see when theyre ghosted in the HUD map) is that when a car spins in front of you you can drive right thru them. Now this in a way is good as they dont effect your race but it kills the realism.. these should actually become obstacles that that you have to drive around.

Or at least make it a option to be disabled especially when doing a league race in a private/locked lobby because it does kill realism and makes it to where theres less consequence for wrecking out (especially when around the pack).

stevemontuno
20-09-2015, 20:49
its mainly the drivers that wont let you make a clean pass without them trying everything in there power to ram you off road,,and then if you do happen to get past them your likely to get piledrived at the next corner,,that coupled with the folks who like to jump start at the back of the grid so they can smash the hell out of the guys sitting up in pole,,ruining a game you might of just spent 30mins in qualifying to get up in pole (or there abouts) ,,

i really do think if the online had a ranking system based on collision alot of the guys in private leagues would come out of the woodwork too.

flatspunout
20-09-2015, 20:59
Ghosting and slowdown penalties are just half-measures. It's still faster to cut most chicanes and take the penalty than to follow the racing line. Even "legitimate" slowdown penalties are likely to ruin someone else's race when the field gets stacked up behind the offender or they deliberately take out the cars that try to go around. You can't even tell if a lobby has penalties enabled, it isn't listed in any of the settings I can see.

Your Driver Network Profile tracks many stats relating to your Experience, Focus, and Affinity. But it also tracks your Online Performance and Reputation...

The number of races entered vs the number completed
Breakdown of placement in those races
Pole positions achieved in online qualifying sessions
Average finishing position and average qualifying position
The number of races where you incurred no penalties
And the number of races where you were disqualified

All this information is then used to ensure you find players of similar skill and conduct. Continually collide with other drivers and you'll slowly make acquaintances with others of similar destructive tendencies. Drive with good sportsmanlike conduct and you'll be enjoying the company of other refined opponents.

lollygag
21-09-2015, 01:00
yea I kinda feel for you guys, tho we're not immune to idiots on PC I'm sure its nowhere near as bad as console MP.

Jakob
22-09-2015, 05:46
While I agree that the best thing to do is find legit guys to race with is really the only option if you want clean races, but it really is a band-aid solution to the problems of the public lobbies. If the hosts were able to kick out the wreckers and ban them from coming back in, that would eliminate the problem.

The public lobbies are infested with douchebags, give us a kick/ban button.

Some of us don't have the time to setup a planned race with friends, but that doesn't mean we should have to deal with wreckers and not be able to get them out of the lobby.

DeanUK
22-09-2015, 07:21
Give the host the power to kick morons as kick voting doesn't work as a solution.

MLT24
22-09-2015, 08:50
Its a simple solution that sms keeps ignoring. They need to bring online lobby options up to date. Better filtering system. Most ahole drivers will have all assist on. Learn to run without assist, have filter system for full sim rooms, and you get better skilled drivers and cleaner racing. You race with arcade like assist and you will get the little ahole brats who only know how to race arcade style. For whatever reason sms wants to keep it this way.

davthewave
22-09-2015, 14:47
I played a racing game not too long ago ( but too long ago to actually remember the name) where there was a colour system in place for the online lobbies. Red = idiots, orange = dodgy, all the way down to white = safe clean driver! Then you knew who was what and could avoid, vote to kick or join another race....simples

Skanda-Five
22-09-2015, 14:58
I played a racing game not too long ago ( but too long ago to actually remember the name) where there was a colour system in place for the online lobbies. Red = idiots, orange = dodgy, all the way down to white = safe clean driver! Then you knew who was what and could avoid, vote to kick or join another race....simples

That sounds like GRID to me. Great system.
SMS have a reputation system on the website which they refer to like its in the game but it isn't yet.
My best advice is to start racing in private lobbies as hell will freeze over before the rammers quit ramming.

Skanda-Five
22-09-2015, 15:02
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38853-Wanted-UK-EU-clean-racers-9pm-onwards-mainly-GT-class-8-lap-races-friendly-banter

Until SMS fix the rammer problem, here's a solution.
Have the devs even played in a public lobby I wonder?

flatspunout
02-10-2015, 17:29

Not in the least. Ghosting and slowdown penalties are half-measures.