PDA

View Full Version : DRS auto-opening?

Tristicles
21-05-2015, 21:27
Hi all,

Just playing some Monaco (Azure circuit) in Formula A cars, ahead of the race on the weekend :cool:

I have found it impossible to control the car, looking at the replays it seems that the DRS is automatically opening up without me using the button, obviously this amounts to me spinning when trying to get on the power and other nasty repercussions. I like a challenge, but this is a bit unfair... :culpability:

It happens intermittently and yes I have taken it in slow time to ensure I am not accidentally pressing it and it keeps happening, any ideas? :confused:

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 21:30
I think this is a replay issue. Could you recheck this by driving with external cam and watch the rear wing live?

Tristicles
21-05-2015, 21:32
Good point, will check now ;)

PeoplesChampion
21-05-2015, 21:36
I think this is a replay issue. Could you recheck this by driving with external cam and watch the rear wing live?

No, he's right.. This happened to me as well. It varies from track to track, but Dubai and Oulton are culprits for it, for sure, in addition to Azure.

Ez Robson
24-05-2015, 09:55
For me it seems as soon as you get above maybe 100mph? It automatically opens up for you and the ai. I was doing a race at Monaco the other day and pretty much as soon as you get off the line it opens but honestly I don't see any effect on the handling when it is opened to when it isn't

PeoplesChampion
24-05-2015, 11:51
For me it seems as soon as you get above maybe 100mph? It automatically opens up for you and the ai. I was doing a race at Monaco the other day and pretty much as soon as you get off the line it opens but honestly I don't see any effect on the handling when it is opened to when it isn't

Ohhh yes, when that wing stops its aggressive angle, I have noticed severe loss of stability in high speed corners. Trust me, it is working.