PDA

View Full Version : So, the AI discussion thread is closed, I assume all problems are solved?

Gimpymoo
21-05-2015, 22:57
Why close the thread?

It makes the game look flawed?

Until the problems are fixed, NEW threads will always appear from PAYING customers, surely best to keep a running thread to point them too and contain it?

I would also like to add that the moderation around this place is very poor.

The attitude towards paying customers is disgusting at times.

Customers will complain, it is how you handle such complaints which determines how good you are.

This place tends to have the answer of "Your wrong, so erm, DO ONE"

Mr Akina
21-05-2015, 22:58
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23553-The-AI-discussion-(all-platforms)

That one? It's pinned because it's so important.

Gimpymoo
21-05-2015, 23:05
I stand corrected, it was another locked thread I was ranting about :P

I was reading this one:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26251-Enough-is-enough-SMS-we-need-answers

Which ended up talking about AI then was locked.

Sorry and thank you.

TenthDan
21-05-2015, 23:47
I stand corrected, it was another locked thread I was ranting about :P

I was reading this one:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26251-Enough-is-enough-SMS-we-need-answers

Which ended up talking about AI then was locked.

Sorry and thank you.

Thank you for apologising, these things happen. To address your comment on the moderation here:

We moderate poor behaviour. Being a paying customer does not entitle one to behave in a manner that is not constructive to the community.

We certainly do appreciate people raising their concerns, issues and feedback, so long as it's done in a civil way.

Simple as that ;)

Gimpymoo
22-05-2015, 11:09
We moderate poor behaviour.

There are some moderators who try to moderate "opinion", not just "poor behaviour", that is the problem.

Sankyo
22-05-2015, 11:10
There are some moderators who try to moderate "opinion", not just "poor behaviour", that is the problem.
Examples? Because the line between 'opinion' and 'ranting' seems to be blurry for some ;)

Invincible
22-05-2015, 11:14
But in many cases "opinion" is expressed with "poor behavoiur" and "bad manners". Having an opinion is one thing, and you are free to share. But throwing s**t around because you're disappointed with something is another thing.

If you express your "opinion" in a calm manner, without disrespecting or insulting anyone, I really doubt that you will be moderated.

choupolo
25-05-2015, 10:35
I think the majority of moderators and WMD members here are very helpful. And there are many cases of users ranting their point and thus having their point ignored by mods understandably getting defensive as a result.

I have noticed a few occasions during my short time here, where a moderator has shot down a legitimate issue with a comment like, "that's how we designed the game so it's not a problem". This could be read, "this was an obvious issue missed under our watch so you're not allowed to criticise it/us".

As I said most moderators/WMD members here are very helpful, but I needed to put this out there just as an observation.

Sankyo
25-05-2015, 11:09
I think the majority of moderators and WMD members here are very helpful. And there are many cases of users ranting their point and thus having their point ignored by mods understandably getting defensive as a result.

I have noticed a few occasions during my short time here, where a moderator has shot down a legitimate issue with a comment like, "that's how we designed the game so it's not a problem". This could be read, "this was an obvious issue missed under our watch so you're not allowed to criticise it/us".

As I said most moderators/WMD members here are very helpful, but I needed to put this out there just as an observation.
Well it could still be true what that particular mod stated in that situation ;) Sometimes reality isn't ideal.

RedDave84
25-05-2015, 11:13
What i'm dissappointed with is a large section of the community. This game has few very minor bugs that are blown completely out of proportion. They don't completly ruin the experience a la bf4 or cod'aw, and some people have a habbit of blaming their own failings on the game. Have any of you moaners actually tried to complain to a sw developer about a truely broken product? I have so i'm completely gobsmacked that you, as just an average gamer can come on here and have an exchange with the team behind the game, and they take the time to listen and reply. You don't get a one line foboff from some helpdesk paid to keep you away from the devs at all cost.

choupolo
25-05-2015, 11:14
Well it could still be true what that particular mod stated in that situation ;) Sometimes reality isn't ideal.

It could. I think all some people really want is for a mod to concede they might be wrong sometimes. I've never seen that happen, in most forums! :rolleyes:

choupolo
25-05-2015, 11:16
You don't get a one line foboff from some helpdesk paid to keep you away from the devs at all cost.

That's what it feels like sometimes. But you're right, it's a privilege to be able to interact so closely with the devs and head of studio here.

Sankyo
25-05-2015, 11:26
It could. I think all some people really want is for a mod to concede they might be wrong sometimes. I've never seen that happen, in most forums! :rolleyes:
OK next time if it's the case I'll admit that, er, I'll admit that I'm... well, I'll tell you that I maybe was hnnnnnng... I might have been hrrrmpf

*total meltdown*