PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Version Is Great!

Hasassin_X
21-05-2015, 23:00
Before this turns into a flaming war of words. Let me just say I've been playing this on Xbone for a week and I couldn't take the controller issue anymore nor the frame rate drop and the screen tearing. So today I traded it for the PS4 version and OMG its like night and day. The graphics look better more solid, the frame rate doesn't drop anywhere near as much, and the Controller holy crap!! it plays at least for me how it should be playing. I'm by far not new to racing on consoles I've played GT1 through 6 and Forza 1 through 5 and this is by far the best yet of them all.

I can tell you I installed the game a bit different where as i turned off my network before i put the game in then once installed turned on to get the update. Its smooth as Ice so far. So if anyone has both systems and is thinking which one to get it for don't make the mistake i did. Get it for PS4.

Now to SMS you guys have put out a long awaited amazing game Thank you for that!! I've been following this game for some time and missed the trial to play early but its ok. Does it have some bugs of course what game doesn't?? You guys are a small studio and after Need For Speed Shift 2 which I hated, I was a bit concerned but you did a fantastic job on PJC!! The way i look at this is when Forza 5 dropped I was going crazy and let down by the lack of tracks no weather effect and same old game as before just better graphics, but poor smoke effects car weight did't feel right etc. Playing GT6 car weight was correct graphics for the system were fantastic but it needed to be on next gen. With PJC I'm getting loads of tracks, stunning graphic, amazing sound and the car list is fine for now not over whelming like in others. I love the fact that I can start any where i please. The options alone in the game are a breath of fresh air. So on that note congrats on delivering a great game for a small studio and don't get bogged down by the negative kids complaining and blowing up your forums. I'm 33yrs with a kid and fiance and can tell you that I'm loving the game and can't wait until you get the bugs worked out so I can enjoy it more until then its fine, but much better on the PS4 then Xbone which I know why but that's another topic!

Thanks

tehbro
21-05-2015, 23:13
good speech, now let me tell you something real - PS4 version is far from great! Until bugs are sorted out and T500RS support+FF is fixed there is no reason to launch the game - Im really not going to let buggy software break my wheel.
Once the bugs are ironed out - the game will be great!

Hasassin_X
21-05-2015, 23:21
Well I don't use a wheel I use the game pad so for me its great will it be fantastic once bugs are fixed hell yea but for now its what we have so its out of their hands now. I want the wheel you have but damn thats a ton of money I can't justify yet...lol the wife will kill me!

TenthDan
21-05-2015, 23:27
good speech, now let me tell you something real - PS4 version is far from great! Until bugs are sorted out and T500RS support+FF is fixed there is no reason to launch the game - Im really not going to let buggy software break my wheel.
Once the bugs are ironed out - the game will be great!

It's not great for you. How about for once we don't turn a thread into arguing subjective opinions. Hope your issues get sorted, glad Hasassin finds it great on PS4.

Skeme_DBT
22-05-2015, 02:28
Agreed. The PS4 version is amazing. Yes, there are many bugs which need fixing, but to me, 95% of them are very minor things.
But with them fixed, the game will all the more better.
Im completely addicted to this game! Its turning out to be my most played game on PS4 by far. Already put in over 30 hours, and Im not able to play games everyday. Only on weekends really.

jimmyb_84
22-05-2015, 07:25
I can confirm the PS4 version is fantastic!!! I've spend at least 2hrs playing everyday for over a week and I normally only play once or twice a week but this game has got me hooked, it's simply stunning! I can also confirm that remote play works a dream too, however playing online is near impossible but not the fault of SMS.

There are a few bugs and faults but they will be fixed and PCARS will be even better, a new bar has been set.

Ally_bassman
22-05-2015, 07:40
Agreed, PJC on PS4 is fantastic.

GT3 race in the Aston (best sounding car in the game, no question!) round Catalunya last night, long sprint race, got into a rhythm and started pulling away from the AI..... Everything working perfectly, feeling the tyres get too hot and 'go off' so adjusting my pace to suit. Just brilliant. Actually felt like a race driver afterwards LOL :cool:

a few niggly bugs for me, mainly concerning pit stops, but I'm confident they will be patched soon.

apexatspeed
22-05-2015, 07:43
It is all fun and games until it crashes and you get the blue screen with error code CE348780. It will happen over and over again.

Equation
22-05-2015, 08:11
This is first game where car tuning and testing is very fun. Thanks SMS.

Falconeye
22-05-2015, 08:38
It's the most buggy ps4 game I have ever seen !! Fine if someones find it great but if they tried it a little they should find that a lot of critical bugs are present. If game crashing every hour is minor for you, ok.

Ally_bassman
22-05-2015, 09:08
It's the most buggy ps4 game I have ever seen !! Fine if someones find it great but if they tried it a little they should find that a lot of critical bugs are present. If game crashing every hour is minor for you, ok.

You clearly never played Drive Club!

tehbro
22-05-2015, 09:27
honestly Driveclub has not crashed once since Day1 for me. There were server issues though.

Robert Gerke
22-05-2015, 09:37
Sorry, in compare with PC Version, the PS4 version is far away from perfect!

There are a lot off slow downs down to 40-45 fps (Rainy Weather with more than
12 MP Driver)

But the truth is, this time ....all Versions XBONE, PC, PS4.....are far away from a
Perfect Simulations! Specially the MP.

There are to many missed features in the Details. Hope that the Devs has the same
claim and work hard on it, to improve the MP in the next Weeks and Months!

KK78
22-05-2015, 09:54
I love Driveclub but you can't ignore the fact that it was delayed a year and the online (which is half the game) still didn't work at launch and in many respects (challenges/leaderboads) still have wobbles now. PCars, like Driveclub though, is a superb game aside from the issues and I'm sure SM is very sorry if you personally are having a bad time with it- like Evolution Studios did and do with Driveclub, they have a lot of work to do. Now BF4, Assassins Creed Unity and Master Chief Collection are 3 games that really were broken at launch.

Ally_bassman
22-05-2015, 10:06
I honestly think that this is the way that video games are going...

Gone are the days of a 'polished' product being released....back in the day they had to make sure as they didn't have the ability to release patches.

Games are too complicated now, for the sake of getting some revenue in (that they need to make/develop games remember) sometimes the only option is to release a near as they can finished product and then patch the bugs/add new features as they go along.

How many games have you bought recently that have had day 1 patches? ummm loads! COD/GTA/BF to name but a few.

Maybe the mind-set of gamers need to change.