PDA

View Full Version : Hotlaps Fix Coming Soon?

Paybak
21-05-2015, 23:20
As most of you are aware, at the moment the leaders of the Bavarian event are all corner cutters, Im just wondering how difficult is it to program an invisible wall around the track and make it so that if all 4 wheels happen to be on the wrong side of the wall your time is kaput?

Right now my last time I got was 1:51:132, I would like to know how far off the real pace am I as Im getting into racing again after years of grand prix legends and rFactor.

Corner cutting is one thing, its another when it gets in the way of people genuinely trying to race and improve their game.

thanks

DUST2DEATH
21-05-2015, 23:30
Link (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26561-TRACK-LIMITS-LBS-TIMETRIAL-CORNER-CUTTING-CHEATING&p=929126&viewfull=1#post929126)

I've tried this here locally with our latest in-house build and Code. RUF RGT8 GT3 Monza. I get a cut track through the second chicane everytime. We did some work on the cut track code and sensitivity around release, but It missed the D1P. You'll get it in a future patch. Not sure which one.

Link (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26561-TRACK-LIMITS-LBS-TIMETRIAL-CORNER-CUTTING-CHEATING&p=931098&viewfull=1#post931098)

The change I'm talking about is game wide and will affect the detection at every track, so hopefully the bulk of the bad ones will just go away. So its fine to report what you want now, but after the patch that includes this (again I don't know which one), is when it would be more important.

Fabian Baumgarten
22-05-2015, 14:33
hi. you are still a bit of the pace...
my record time without cutting is 1:44.5
but it needs a good setup and a few tricks, like shifting gears with h-shifter etc...

Paybak
22-05-2015, 22:24
but it needs a good setup and a few tricks, like shifting gears with h-shifter etc...

Yeh I used the vanilla setup and im still on my controller. Thanks for letting me know what to aim for.

saidur9
23-05-2015, 07:11
Out of interest, I followed your 1:45.500 ghost which had corner cutting in it, so when did you do a 1:44.5 without cutting and what were your sector times if you remember?

FA RACING 01
23-05-2015, 08:03
Word is that fix is coming soon. In the meantime the rules we have are the rules we play. Looking forward to the fix too.

Fabian Baumgarten
23-05-2015, 10:03
Out of interest, I followed your 1:45.500 ghost which had corner cutting in it, so when did you do a 1:44.5 without cutting and what were your sector times if you remember?

hi. my 1:45:5 was my first try with default setup. that was the first time i drove in pcars official release and i didn't know you could adjust setup in events. so i got something around 1:48 and i realized some guys are already in 1:44 range. so i tried to get the time by cutting, because at this point i didn't know you could also gain time by tweaking setup.

after i realized you could use your setup in community events, i tested almost for one week in free practice and got back to the community event just before it ends to not reveal my "tricks" and "cuts".
so with setup, tricks and cuts i got 1:41.7 and there is still time to gain. but during all of my testing in free practice during the week i was interested to see how fast i could go without cutting. and there i managed to get a 1:44.5. if i would have been fast enough with my setup and my "triks" i would have tried to beat all the "not cheated" times without cutting. but i wans't that fast, so i "had to cut" to win this event.

so. i don't have any sector times for now, but probably i will do a run again, when i have a bit of time and i will tell you ;)