PDA

View Full Version : Mclaren F1 in Career - Restrictor plate set, why?

spinkick
22-05-2015, 00:23
Im racing the 3 hour endurance race with the mclaren f1 and i noticed that the restrictor is set up half way on the car. Is there a reason I shouldnt open up as much air as possible for the car? Seems like an easy way to gain performance.

NVI0U5
22-05-2015, 03:02
Im racing the 3 hour endurance race with the mclaren f1 and i noticed that the restrictor is set up half way on the car. Is there a reason I shouldnt open up as much air as possible for the car? Seems like an easy way to gain performance.
You may be racing against other open wheelers such as formula b and c, where they dont make as much power and the game has restricted the formula a car to make it more competitive

yusupov
22-05-2015, 03:06
You may be racing against other open wheelers such as formula b and c, where they dont make as much power and the game has restricted the formula a car to make it more competitive

no this is the macca F1, road car....read the description id never heard of it either but its radiator opening, nothing like engine restrictors. closed is actually faster.

Neil Hopwood
22-05-2015, 03:12
If I remember right the default setup is based on the F1 GTR (which has a restrictor) to make it a bit easier to race.

The road version has really soft suspension.