PDA

View Full Version : A few things that will make this game better then it already is...

CCM
22-05-2015, 00:52
Not all my thoughts more of the community.

1. Give us ovals and that will fix your cutting corner problems and the cheating that is going on with time trials.
2. Fixed/default races are a must for drivers that don't have time to make setups. I don't have time to make a setup and I would like to show my skills from the driver side of things and not the setup.
3. Season championship both Default and open sets.
4. Separate the leader boards from Fixed/default and open setups.
5. Each car should have it's on championship series.
6. Nascar cars will bring a lot of drivers to buy this game again need ovals.
7. A protest system that prevents drivers from constantly ruining other drivers races.
8. Races that run every few hours for each car. I can't seem to find any good races online.
9. " i think that the ability to save multiple car setups for each track is a " must have" item.
and be able to load them at the actual race track/pit, not having to get out of current game/session to load a setup.
10. Access to more servers when searching for an online race as well as filter options and the ability to see the room settings before joining.
11. Spotter, or adjustable mirrors--for better close racing visibility/awareness.
12. More in-depth career --meaningful contracts, better stories, more varied fan response, consequences for doing poorly, pros & cons for going with this team or that.
13. Championship creator-- on & offline.
14. More career disciplines.
15. Time Trial group separation-- GT3 only, GT4 only, etc. Plus, a filter for Friends only.
16. Please let the UI save its setting. I have to keep going back to move the map and other stuff around each time i exit a race. It should be saved for all the races through out the game.

Anyway this game has so much potential to be the best sim racing game out there. Having a fixed/default setup series is a must of drivers that don't have time to make setups. I like to race and see my progress on the leader boards separate from other drivers that make there own sets.

Shinzah
22-05-2015, 00:57
1. How does this fix cheating..?
2. Fair but, you only need to make one setup/track-car combination ever, if you so chose. There are lots of setup help around. It's a little difficult making a race car setup that works for everyone. I do not find the default setups undriveable, in anycase.
3. Fair
4. Fair I guess, I don't really care about leaderboards myself
5. Single race for now is fine
6. Be patient
7. Online kickvotes? Maybe. I can see how this would be valuable. But also could be abused.
8. Not sure if you want SMS to host ranked servers or not, but that's not feasible with their budget. Maybe someone can get a dedicated hosting box for the game going at some point.

One thing that will improve this thread:

A few things that will make this game better THAN it already is...

bill Sutton
22-05-2015, 01:08
number 8 I agree but the rest no

CCM
22-05-2015, 01:08
1. YOu really can't cut corners on a oval track cause the entire track has a boundries line that is the same threw out the track.
2. I want to be on a even field with all other drivers so it shows the skill of the drivers and not a setup making that driver fast. IT's about having a race with everyone on the same setup makes for fun racing.

CCM
22-05-2015, 01:10
number 8 I agree but the rest no

So your saying no to fixed races? So we drivers that don't have time to make setups have always be last in a race to a driver that has know life and makes a super fast setup? This is a game and if you look at iracing the fixed series alone does 80% more races then the open. Most drivers just want to race and have a chance at a win not go into a race and know they have know chance in hell.
Also in time trials we have to be last on a leader board cause they don't separate the default sets from the open?

Flihp
22-05-2015, 01:25
i think that the ability to save multiple car setups for each track is a " must have" item.
and be able to load them at the actual race track/pit, not having to get out of current game/session to load a setup.

Phil

CCM
22-05-2015, 01:28
I agree and going to add that the list.

HBR-Roadhog
22-05-2015, 01:44
I agree that multiple setups would be good to have, also ovals.
We don't need separate leaderboards nor events for default only setups.

Some things that would make the game better would be ability to create a time trial lobby no collisions so no drafting or blocking. fastest time is the winner, any legit time gets posted on the leaderboards.

Ability to get more info in the optional hud such as oil and water temp perhaps the full Motec display as is we have no access to this info when not in cockpit view and have no access to it even in cockpit view if we have the view set close to the dash or have the steering wheel hidden.

Optional side view mirrors as part of the hud
A method to kick someone from your lobby
The option to turn collisions off in a public lobby
Access to more servers when searching for an online race as well as filter options and the ability to see the room settings before joining.

There are many others that I can think of but there is a few for thought.

CCM
22-05-2015, 02:06
Yea I agree to accessing more servers for sure would be a great idea. I hate to always go back to iracing but if Project cars did what has already been done and is working on iracing this game will be the elite of all sim games.
An event should give everyone a chance to compete on a even level to be honest. The ones that have time to make sets will always win over the every day joe that has a life.

Shinzah
22-05-2015, 02:24
1. YOu really can't cut corners on a oval track cause the entire track has a boundries line that is the same threw out the track.
2. I want to be on a even field with all other drivers so it shows the skill of the drivers and not a setup making that driver fast. IT's about having a race with everyone on the same setup makes for fun racing.

Is that so?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdGaumzRVeo

At tracks like Phoenix, cutting the track is an accepted racing line. In fact, every track except for Talladega and Daytona (in NASCAR touring divisions) does not have any boundries line at all. Just some white paint at the line between banking and apron. In which case, if accurately portrayed, could be pure chaos online without a line around the track that's 'the same throughout'. But that isn't realistic to the rules package of the simulated series in which case you will probably find there won't be boundries and still find people who are willing to exploit that.

It won't fix cheating online or in time trial is pretty much the bottom line. I want ovals too. I want them bad. Bad bad bad. But they aren't going to solve any problems with the game.

2. Join a league or find friends. If you want Oval racing for this environment wait for those but, these are things you can already do on the supplied non-oval tracks with other people. Other people I might add, you're going to want because these things are not guaranteed in the case of 1.

CCM
22-05-2015, 02:30
True but cutting the dog leg and Phoenix is legal. Your right though in a since but in a oval there is only a couple lines you can take. Why someone would cut a corner when it's not the fastest way around the truck would be dumb. Cutting a corner on a road coarse gives you better time but not on a oval.

Alan Dallas
22-05-2015, 03:15
I'm still trying to figure out how Oval tracks is going to fix all the corner cutting in the whole game. :p

Thing is each track has to be evaluated separately. Each track has an invisible cut track detection barrier on either side of the driving surface. Some of those cut track detection boundaries do admittedly need tweaking. Plus we still need proper Black flag penalties implemented for Track cutting. I'm a casual sim racer and even I find the "Lap time invalidated." penalty to be a bit lax and just a minor slap on the wrist.
A "Drive through" or "Stop and go" or you get DQ'd would be much more inline with the real world for blatant and repeated track cutting. HOWEVER! From what I've seen discussed those are features that were relegated as a "post-release" feature as there was no time left to do them properly before launch. So there's still hope. :)

CCM
22-05-2015, 03:31
I'm still trying to figure out how Oval tracks is going to fix all the corner cutting in the whole game. :p

Thing is each track has to be evaluated separately. Each track has an invisible cut track detection barrier on either side of the driving surface. Some of those cut track detection boundaries do admittedly need tweaking. Plus we still need proper Black flag penalties implemented for Track cutting. I'm a casual sim racer and even I find the "Lap time invalidated." penalty to be a bit lax and just a minor slap on the wrist.
A "Drive through" or "Stop and go" or you get DQ'd would be much more inline with the real world for blatant and repeated track cutting. HOWEVER! From what I've seen discussed those are features that were relegated as a "post-release" feature as there was no time left to do them properly before launch. So there's still hope. :)

Because with oval tracks the fastest way around the track is to stay on it and not cut a corner. Like the one poster said there are some tracks you can cut but those are legal turns. With oval you won't be cutting corners cause your times will suck compared to a line driven track. On road courses the problem is people are cutting corners to gain time to get from A to B and that is a problem. Ok your right it won't stop cheating cause they will always do it on road courses but also your right that they need to make better boundaries on the corner so when you do cut you get caught.

Shinzah
22-05-2015, 03:47
Because with oval tracks the fastest way around the track is to stay on it and not cut a corner. Like the one poster said there are some tracks you can cut but those are legal turns. With oval you won't be cutting corners cause your times will suck compared to a line driven track. On road courses the problem is people are cutting corners to gain time to get from A to B and that is a problem. Ok your right it won't stop cheating cause they will always do it on road courses but also your right that they need to make better boundaries on the corner so when you do cut you get caught.

You're making the pre-supposition that people will act like reality in a videogame. They won't. It won't be exceptionally difficult to find a single lap out of a car that's faster than a traditional lap by squaring the corners or hooking the apron. It might destroy the car, but its certainly going to be faster for a lap. You're not dealing with people who set cars up for 400 laps, you're dealing with people who find loopholes, and there is a TONNE of oval lines you can take that don't involve the banking for people like that.

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 04:02
So your saying no to fixed races? So we drivers that don't have time to make setups have always be last in a race to a driver that has know life and makes a super fast setup? This is a game and if you look at iracing the fixed series alone does 80% more races then the open. Most drivers just want to race and have a chance at a win not go into a race and know they have know chance in hell.
Also in time trials we have to be last on a leader board cause they don't separate the default sets from the open?

Know life? Lol
Maybe some people just know what they're doing, that can be considered as skill too.
Try the community events, the cars there are the same for everyone. And since you're so full of yourself, why not post a picture here that shows you on #1? :dread:

CCM
22-05-2015, 04:32
How am i full of my self? You listen to people about my days at iracing is just pre judging someone before you even know that person. Also NEWS flash community events are not fixed/default you set your car up in the garage. You post 136 times and I been playing for a week and I knew that. As in being number 1 I never said I was. Yes i did extremly well in iracing my stats don't lie Chris C. Miller if you care to look it up but Im not that guy here and im learning. Im far from a road racer but I am trying to learn.

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 05:00
Uh sweet then l set a pretty good time without adjusting the car :p See? Its possible.
When you're willing to learn, why do you ask for fixed races in the first place?

CCM
22-05-2015, 05:50
Why do i like fixed better cause i want to just get in a car and race not sit in the garage or looking on google for a set. I just can't compete with someone who has full knowledge of how the cara set up. An even playing field shows the best of the best not someone who just has a fast setup and thinks he is the best cause of it. Get everyone on the same page and you will see the true skilled drivers.

bill Sutton
22-05-2015, 08:24

yes...be last....... its not hard to modify a setup, you dont need heaps of time but you need a system so you can save your setups OR to put setups shared to you. A lot of people will share setups but here its very hard to share a file

bill Sutton
22-05-2015, 08:29
i think that the ability to save multiple car setups for each track is a " must have" item.

Phil

+1,00000000,00000000,00

until this happens this is a fun game and thats all it is.......

just thinking that if you new the file that it saved the "one" setup you could copy that to another folder on your PC so you get to keep some sort of setup records ... then when going to race that circuit in that car copy the file back into Project Cars

A long way around

menaceuk
22-05-2015, 08:38
My list of what would make this game better would be this(not talking bugs either)

- Spotter, or adjustable mirrors--for better close racing visibility/awareness.
- More in-depth career --meaningful contracts, better stories, more varied fan response, consequences for doing poorly, pros & cons for going with this team or that.
- Championship creator-- on & offline.
- More career disciplines.
- Time Trial group separation-- GT3 only, GT4 only, etc. Plus, a filter for Friends only.

CCM
22-05-2015, 09:19
Added to the list. Im sure this game will have some new changes down the road it's new but a great game and the best graphic game for sim racing out there.

HBR-Roadhog
22-05-2015, 10:36
Yea I agree to accessing more servers for sure would be a great idea. I hate to always go back to iracing but if Project cars did what has already been done and is working on iracing this game will be the elite of all sim games.
An event should give everyone a chance to compete on a even level to be honest. The ones that have time to make sets will always win over the every day joe that has a life.
The ones who have time to practice will as well.

I just don't like the idea of being forced to use a default setup at all and really don't want it. My brake pedal is set at such that I need to turn up brake pressure in most cars just taking this away would be a hindrance for me not to mention simple tweaks that make the car more drivable and don't take all that much time to do.

My advice would be that if you want to be competitive learn a little about tuning. You'd be surprised how much difference you can make with just a few minutes of tweaking once you know what to do.

Default setups do not really give an even chance for everyone. People use different types of controls and cars may need to be setup differently for different types of controls. My brake is a good example. I need to use 100% brake on most cars and I do not use ABS. If everyone had to drive that way I would have a huge advantage over most drivers as they would be locking up often and going off track.

Allowing tuning does give everyone an even chance as everyone has the chance to set the car up however they feel most comfortable. Yes it can take a little time to setup a car. It also can take time to get the right line or to figure out how to handle any given car to get the most speed. You should not expect to be able to go out and spend 10-15 minutes on track and get the #1 time no matter how an event is setup.

HBR-Roadhog
22-05-2015, 10:58
I see that it appears the OP is more of an oval racer. Setups are very important to oval racing. Personally I do not really like oval racing much. My brother is a big fan of the ovals and is also very good at them, given that we race together and I don't like to loose I have gotten pretty good as well. I've did a lot of setups on Forza and you would be surprised at how often I have managed to post the #1 time with only a 1/2 hour or so invested into building/tuning and driving. Now of course those times stay put so 6 months in it takes more effort and a year in it takes even more.

It is much harder to setup for road courses than for ovals but still a worthwhile activity that can be a lot of fun in itself.

bill Sutton
23-05-2015, 00:28
Added to the list. Im sure this game will have some new changes down the road it's new but a great game and the best graphic game for sim racing out there.

not even close

but its a hell of a lot of fun, and worth every cent

Lawndarts
23-05-2015, 00:36
OP, I think you just designed iPCARS Racing...

bill Sutton
23-05-2015, 03:49
:yes:
OP, I think you just designed iPCARS Racing...

I doubt half have even heard of iracing

SIlMPLIClITY
23-05-2015, 04:06
Is that so?

At tracks like Phoenix, cutting the track is an accepted racing line. In fact, every track except for Talladega and Daytona (in NASCAR touring divisions) does not have any boundries line at all. Just some white paint at the line between banking and apron. In which case, if accurately portrayed, could be pure chaos online without a line around the track that's 'the same throughout'. But that isn't realistic to the rules package of the simulated series in which case you will probably find there won't be boundries and still find people who are willing to exploit that.

So. To fix cheating. Put fences around every single turn?

Anyway. I strongly agree with all of those suggestions. I also believe that the time trials should be separated by cars. I would really like to know how well I'm running my own times rather than the whole entire GT3 class (which for some reason includes the pagani zonda?). Before someone tells me that you can do that by going into solo and then selecting your car and seeing the fastest lap, sometimes it doesn't change and I doubt that different cars will have the exact same lap times.

Shinzah
23-05-2015, 06:17
So. To fix cheating. Put fences around every single turn?

The point is, you don't "Fix" cheating. You change the problem of cheating to either;
1) Some level of exploitation that either doesn't affect you, or you're okay with
2) Some level of exploitation that does affect you because its what you, yourself, does

You're not going to make exploitation of a system go away. The only time this is going to come close to happening is when the games shelf life becomes far far less hopefully years down the road when a majority of people who remain playing it are serious about the same things you are. Even then, there's still a minority of people going to exploit it.

Do I think *nothing* should be done? No. The developers should take every measure necessary to prevent cheating the system. Unfortunately, that does not mean changing the rules of the simulation to better reflect the needs of the people who want some things over other things. If the hard code is meant to represent realistic rules packages, then it should represent realistic rules packages. Which for terms of time trial and probably online races in general for Ovals, assuming they use the NASCAR officiating system, means there is no out of bounds and most things on the car can be adjusted to within certain base tolerances, which is easily exploitable, but you would have to define "Cheating" in this instance, as exploiting the existing games rules, is not cheating them. Gaming the games code, is cheating.

And none of these suggestions will fix that kind of cheating either, not totally.

CCM
23-05-2015, 06:49

I doubt half have even heard of iracing

If your a sim racer you should know Iracing. It's the top sim racing game out there right now if you look up reviews for best sim. But I don't play it anymore and the graphics are know where close to PR graphics. Yes iracing does have there shit together and they do very well with there customer base I just think Project cars could learn from iracing. Ya there will always be cheating in every game I just again don't know why iracing dont have the cutting the corner problems at all. I can't answer that but they figured it out. I think its cause they laser scan there tracks? Im not sure if the hit box is closer to the edge of the turn? Not a fence around the track but they can make the out bounds close to the curb I mean other sims figured it out.

jonjordnaracerfan
30-05-2015, 13:24
Oval racing is a big must for me! where are they?

LADY GEMMA JANE
30-05-2015, 13:26
Oval racing is a big must for me! where are they?

Yeah it would be good, I also like drag racing

AB_Attack
30-05-2015, 16:58
It needs better replay function!

-jump to lap/lap indicator
-free timescroll
-free cam
-slow-mo
-jump to other cars

That's what it needs!