PDA

View Full Version : Pitstops need to be simplified!

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 02:16
Dear SMS,

I was just enjoying your game with nice, like minded racers from this forum.
To mix things up l created a rainy race. So after 1 lap the rain starts, everyone goes to the pits and guess what everyone got? Yes, another set of dry tires! Why, do you ask? Because the pitstops are a complete mess! It takes waaay too long to go through all of the stuff in the menu.

There must be a way to either

1. Adjust the pitstop strategy while on track, or
2. Simplify the pitstop menu, its awful!

Before l got to change every of the 4 tires to wet, my team had already put dry tires on my car -.-
This really ruins the great experience the game can offer.
Please figure something out, there must be a simpler way :(

Thank you.

owenmorris
22-05-2015, 06:29
I've made different scenario strategy's, when entering pit a box pops up with view saved strategy's select the one you want before car stops. I have splash n dash, wets with no repairs, drys with no repairs and wet and dry with full repair. I also run with 15 litres of fuel so races I host you have to pit

Bealdor
22-05-2015, 06:46
Pro tip: Create an event that includes a practice or warm up session where you can pre craft your pit strategies.

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 16:38
While your tips are good, indeed, l still think they need to be improved.
For example that you only have to change front and rear tires, instead of toggling through all four tires. That would save a lot of time.

Martini Da Gasalini
22-05-2015, 16:44
While your tips are good, indeed, l still think they need to be improved.
For example that you only have to change front and rear tires, instead of toggling through all four tires. That would save a lot of time.

I think the reason they put the possibility of making changes of individual tires is because if you change one or two as opposed to 4, your pit time "should" be quicker, that's my assumption, I haven't tried it out to see if there is a difference in Pit times, BUT I do think there should ALSO be an option that lets you hit change all 4 at the same time? that's just me, I'm for many option possibilities, give me the option to choose, but you can always put in a quick cheat option.

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 16:55
I think the reason they put the possibility of making changes of individual tires is because if you change one or two as opposed to 4, your pit time "should" be quicker, that's my assumption, I haven't tried it out to see if there is a difference in Pit times, BUT I do think there should ALSO be an option that lets you hit change all 4 at the same time? that's just me, I'm for many option possibilities, give me the option to choose, but you can always put in a quick cheat option.

Those are valid points, really.
But its very frustrating when this complicated menu ruins a race. Especially when not everyone thinks about preparing a custom pitstop strategy.
In the case of my OP it was in Donington and my car stopped at the very first garage for the pitstop, so l really had no time to switch to wets, my Team had already put on the dry tires :(
And simplifying the pitstops a little bit wouldnt hurt, would it?

Martini Da Gasalini
22-05-2015, 16:59
In the case of my OP it was in Donington and my car stopped at the really first Garage for the pitstop, so l really had no time to switch to wets, my Team had already put on the dry tires :(
And simplifying the pitstops a little bit wouldnt hurt, would it?

ow WOW, first garage? lol, yeah you had NO time to do jack. that def sucked :p

but I think quick cheat option would be a great addition.

HarryHoodlum
22-05-2015, 17:01
I think maybe they just need to create a "GO" button that tells the crew to start working, instead of making you race against the arbitrary clock, if that makes sense. It's different offline because the game will pause.

Pink_650S
22-05-2015, 17:03
I think maybe they just need to create a "GO" button that tells the crew to start working, instead of making you race against the arbitrary clock, if that makes sense. It's different offline because the game will pause.

Thats a really good idea!!
And this would also and still promote those who prepared a pitstop in advance, because they would save time. So everyone wins.

Dam351
22-05-2015, 17:09
The pits are not as straight forward as the rest of the game imo. Change tyres, repair any damage and a splash of fuel.

These could be simplified by activation of either wet/dry/inter and the compound u prefer. U may have worn rears but the fronts will get u home, so it'd be good to change only front or rear if required.

The repairs section could be a % of the repairs u require to finish the race. eg. Mid race u may select 60% and struggle home or 80-90% and make up some positions as your finishing.
Fuel, if u need little to no fuel (slow burn or off) it would be good to cancel after a certain amount of time.

I really think the ability to cancel continous repairs or fuel when u feel ur able to make it to the end of the race, a option like this would enhance racing. Eg 2 cars contact and damage equally, 20 laps remain, car A spends 5 mins fully repairing all damage, car B opts to leave at 4mins, with only 80% repaired. He'll be slower, but with his better track position he's scraped into top 10.

These are suggestions only, ik I'll eventually workout the pits sooner or later but is there any chance someone could post a vid on the correct workings and maybe any tactical use of the pits for dummies like myself?

Fight-Test
22-05-2015, 17:15
Before long we will all have pit strategies made for all these situations. just takes time.

Martini Da Gasalini
22-05-2015, 17:29
Before long we will all have pit strategies made for all these situations. just takes time.

I agree, I'm still tinkering with all options and finding out different things.