PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS and LAG? (question)

NemethR
22-05-2015, 07:49
Hello Guys and Girls,

I would like ask a question, as I totally have no idea what might cause the LAG issue I encountered yesterday while we were racing Online with TGC.

So yesterday I had my first races with The Gentleme's Club.

In our 1st Race, Donongton Park National with the Ginetta G40 I had terrible lag, no matter what I tried, I always had around 2-3000 "lag".
All cars have been drifting in the grass, and in the gravel like in a RallyCross game, actually it was pretty fun to watch,
but it was no fun at all to try to race, so i pulled off the track, and wathced the race.
I tried to restart Project CARS, and the lag was still there, at that moment I assumed, that it is my Internet connection that is too poor.

But in our 2nd race with the Clios in Brands Hatch Indy (altough I fell through the track before the start, and got a penalty on to of it), I was able to race doorhandle on doorhandle with others, with very minor lag. That got me confused, as actually nothing changed, the same number of players, the same internet connection.

And also in the 3rd race in Brno with the Formula Rookie, I had no issues with the las, I raced with Gordon for multiple rounds, trying to overtake him, wheel on wheel, till I hit a tyre, and got my suspension bent.

So question is:
What can cause so terrible lag, that is not present in the 2nd and the 3rd race?!
What can I do to improve on that, and what can the Devs do?

All in all apart from the first race, I hat a lot of fun, (these being my first online races ever), but this lag issue makes me wonder,
as I wasn't able to figure out what can cause this.

Any advice would be apreciated.
Thanks for reading.

VR-42
22-05-2015, 16:57
I do find we get a lag spike whenever someone is coming out of the pits on the ps4

NemethR
22-05-2015, 18:46
Unfortunately this vas not a spike, but I had it during the whole race :(

Umer Ahmad
22-05-2015, 18:49
It's your internet.

If everyone is "driving off line" like offroad then it's actually YOUR PC that is lagging rest of the players. We call it a "synch problem"

So tell us about your internet connection. Running any background apps? Uploading/Downloading anything while playing?

Best practice is to give your entire PC and internet connection to Project CARS while driving.

NemethR
22-05-2015, 19:54
It's your internet.

If everyone is "driving off line" like offroad then it's actually YOUR PC that is lagging rest of the players. We call it a "synch problem"

So tell us about your internet connection. Running any background apps? Uploading/Downloading anything while playing?

Best practice is to give your entire PC and internet connection to Project CARS while driving.

Thanks Ahmad,

I have a 10Mbit download and a 1Mbit upload speed, I use a cable connection to the modem, and a normal LAN cable from the modem to the PC.
I did switch anything off during the Multiplayer event, (Crashplan, downloads, even google Chrome was closed).
Things that remained, are Antivirus, Steam, Project Cars, TeamSpeak 3, and basic Windows apps.

But then again I did nt change anything, and in the 2nd and 3rd race I had no issues.

Can it be related to the number of players?!
Race 1 was with like 28 players, race 2 with 23, and Race 3 with 18 aprox.

Umer Ahmad
22-05-2015, 19:58
We regularly run 20+ guys on the TGC Wed races, no one has these issues.

Seems like your connection speeds are ok. Does it happen all races or only sometimes? You've done a speedtest recently and confirmed your ISP is giving you those U/D speeds?

NemethR
22-05-2015, 20:14
I had this issue ONLY in race 1.

Basicly we did 2 races (Practice) on Wednesday at Zolder i had no issue in the 1st race, and a minor issue in the 2nd race.
Then yesterday we did 3 races. I had major issues in the 1st race, and no issues in the 2nd and in the 3rd race.

ISP is Ok, I use the full bandwith every day.
It might have to do with that, that there was a storm yesterday night, but I doubt the storm ended with the 1st race together.

Umer Ahmad
22-05-2015, 20:17
ok, keep an eye on it. Maybe just a bad "synch" for you on that first race unforunately.

Next time you see everyone driving crazy just know your connection is bad. In the leagues we ask this driver to take his vehicle very far off track as soon as possible so he does not hit anyone else accidentally.

NemethR
22-05-2015, 20:45
ok, keep an eye on it. Maybe just a bad "synch" for you on that first race unforunately.

Next time you see everyone driving crazy just know your connection is bad. In the leagues we ask this driver to take his vehicle very far off track as soon as possible so he does not hit anyone else accidentally.

I am cool with that, i don't want to ruin anyones race, but back to the point, it seems, as there is nothing I can really do... unfortunately.
Well hopefully this gets better with time.