PDA

View Full Version : New Logitech G29 Wheel for PS4

Hengist
22-05-2015, 08:52
In case anyone is interested...http://www.isrtv.com/logitech/new-logitech-wheel/

misterspockyall
22-05-2015, 11:54
And the momentum builds

Dreco
22-05-2015, 11:57
I can see a box

http://www.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Ghost-Games-01.jpg

Max Kelly
22-05-2015, 12:05
ahah. same pedals g27

CPS-3
22-05-2015, 12:20
Great news, finally some competition for Thrustmaster. Hope it gets announced and released soon. If the shifters move along with the wheel and the reviews are good maybe I'm gonna sell my T300

Haulin_Hebrew
22-05-2015, 13:47
I'll pass on the Logitech G29 even if it's not a Hoax (But I believe it is.), The Thrustmaster T300 RS is modular with a ton of options in there new Eco sysytem, providing innovation customers need to have security of Thrustmaster Longivity, with the latest technology, Logitech Isn't supporting it's customers, How could they NOT go next gen with the G25 & G27,?? Logitech not even responding to customer inquiries about PS4 compatibility, I will feel better paying more for a Thrustmaster T300, or just staying with my Thrustmaster T80 then take a chance with logitech MIA G25, G27 and The Logitech G29 Mystery Wheel. SMH

Toxic
22-05-2015, 14:09
I'll pass on the Logitech G29 even if it's not a Hoax (But I believe it is.), The Thrustmaster T300 RS is modular with a ton of options in there new Eco sysytem, providing innovation customers need to have security of Thrustmaster Longivity, with the latest technology, Logitech Isn't supporting it's customers, How could they NOT go next gen with the G25 & G27,?? Logitech not even responding to customer inquiries about PS4 compatibility, I will feel better paying more for a Thrustmaster T300, or just staying with my Thrustmaster T80 then take a chance with logitech MIA G25, G27 and The Logitech G29 Mystery Wheel. SMH

How is Thrustmaster as a company to work for?

Is it not Sony who add compatibility to their system for peripherals?

CPS-3
23-05-2015, 10:37
Topics about the G29 are being deleted, via Google i found a topic that no longer exists on this forum but you can se a reply by someone saying it's coming in August.

Mr.Smoke
23-05-2015, 13:39
Wow, another G29 speculation thread....

Like there arent enough of these already. So many people getting their hopes up over this "upcoming" wheel with absolutely zero word from Logitech themselves. Until that happens, its all purely speculation. Sure, Logitech may have made a G29 prototype, but i highly doubt it will become a reality. They already pulled out of the market once due to losing money. Makes perfect sense from a business aspect to get back in a market you already exited from due to lose revenue, right?

I will stick with my T100 thanks.

SunBro
23-05-2015, 16:43
Welp, even if some mod tries to remove a civilized discussion in a very suspect manner, i have all the pictures and there are tons of sources i can refer to. I will re-open a g29 thread in case both g29 threads get shutdown(which i suspect will happen again, but just in case) I don't care if logitech wants these removed. Once a word is out, it stays out logitech. Learn and respect that rule.

Back on-topic, i decided to wait for the reviews that go through all the details of the ffb. Right now, ffb is the only thing i'm suspecting about this wheel. Other than that, it hits all the right notes for me. Visually cool(remember, this ain't your hardcore wheel like a fanatec or t500) I especially like that the wheel is gt shaped now and not perfectly round. I also liked they decided to add all those buttons while keeping the body metal. If the top buttons are removable, the wheel will look even cooler(not as cool as tm28 but close). The paddles were already good so no need to change there. The body shape itself is good but what's inside that body is very suspect. We'll see. And for the price, the g27 pedals were tight. Want load cell? go hardcore, get a csr elite. Also to all the people saying this is a frankestein of g27 AND dfgt,... you're right AND wrong. Right because... yes, it has elements of dfgt. Wrong becase the only elements from dfgt are "d-pad, face buttons, brake bias and the infamous red dial". Just. That. The rest is g27. The system body, the rpm visualizer, paddles. There are even new elements. The blue ring, the wheel shape itself(again, look clos, it's gt.) The sthiching of the leather is slightly altered too. Also, l2,3 and r2,3 buttons, the select start. And of course the center plastic ring.

Oh almost forgot, i think the logical price limit for this wheel is 250 $/€. The g27 has been at that price point for sooooooo long that people even forgot the last time a logitech wheel was above that price.

booboo640
26-05-2015, 13:24
If I were a betting man I would say this will be announced with Gran Turismo 7 and have a GT branding. The picture of it, if it's not a hoax, does give it away a bit.

Sparky28
26-05-2015, 19:38
Ifs typing looks more like a new gt wheel than a g29 or maybe a inbetween the 2 wheel

doneta
27-05-2015, 14:11
Hi there. I'm having a hard time driving with my dual shock. Any idea when this new Logitech wheel will be available?

maxter
28-05-2015, 12:17
I wonder if it can be used with a PC???

Sparky28
28-05-2015, 13:07
Hi there. I'm having a hard time driving with my dual shock. Any idea when this new Logitech wheel will be available?

Logitech havnt even confirmed this yet it could be a hoax even if it is coming it will be a long while before release

Dreco
28-05-2015, 14:01

PC/PS3/PS4

July/August

SpaceMachine
29-05-2015, 13:02
Box shot from http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/318504/Report%3A+Logitech's+new+G29+Racing+Wheel+detailed/

Platy
29-05-2015, 14:11
"meaning the wheel won't be compatible or released for PC."

That would suck, can't see it being true though.

chig88
29-05-2015, 14:14
Looks great, but Logitech can go swivel as far as I'm concerned. Got majorly screwed buying a G27 in the last year of the PS3 only to find it doesn't work on PS4, then they plan to release a brand-new wheel after ignoring calls to bring support for older wheels & claiming they no longer manufacture gaming peripherals?

No thanks, more than happy with my T300RS & Ferrari F1 addon. Have no desire to support Logitech's attempt to cash in which will likely be disguised as 'doing gamers a favour'.

BULLYT
29-05-2015, 14:23
Wow, another G29 speculation thread....

Like there arent enough of these already. So many people getting their hopes up over this "upcoming" wheel with absolutely zero word from Logitech themselves. Until that happens, its all purely speculation. Sure, Logitech may have made a G29 prototype, but i highly doubt it will become a reality. They already pulled out of the market once due to losing money. Makes perfect sense from a business aspect to get back in a market you already exited from due to lose revenue, right?

I will stick with my T100 thanks.

This is no hoax and it actually would make TOTAL sense for Logitech to release it ASAP...
This is the killer FFB wheel a lot of us are waiting for actually. I won't change my T300RS for the G29 but I probably would have waited for the G29 release before buying the T300...

Kugane
29-05-2015, 15:03
I ordered 4 G29, unfortunately, the order was canceled

best price :D

FACT0RY PIL0T
29-05-2015, 15:15
This is no hoax and it actually would make TOTAL sense for Logitech to release it ASAP...
This is the killer FFB wheel a lot of us are waiting for actually. I won't change my T300RS for the G29 but I probably would have waited for the G29 release before buying the T300...
Yup its not a joke they have been testing stuff for a couple years now, and bought up a bunch of circut boards from a SIM guy back in 2012

Sparky28
29-05-2015, 18:32
Lol it's funny been g29 rumours since like 2012 believe it when it's in my lounge
G27 just fine till then

lordymatsuo
30-05-2015, 09:00
Rumour or not i have to say if this does release at least it's some competition in the market which is good for consumer pricing.

For those who got the G27, I feel for you guys, I wish they would just work out an update option so it can work with PS4. They don't need a new wheel the G27 was great by the sounds of it.

I guess new wheel means more revenue for Logitech, but then again if they just supported the g27 and made plenty more of them I wonder how many people would have gone with the T300 in the first place after the G27 getting great reviews for the years it's already been out.

G27 or G29 they would have sold a lot of wheels.

BULLYT
30-05-2015, 13:05
Rumour or not i have to say if this does release at least it's some competition in the market which is good for consumer pricing.

For those who got the G27, I feel for you guys, I wish they would just work out an update option so it can work with PS4. They don't need a new wheel the G27 was great by the sounds of it.

I guess new wheel means more revenue for Logitech, but then again if they just supported the g27 and made plenty more of them I wonder how many people would have gone with the T300 in the first place after the G27 getting great reviews for the years it's already been out.

G27 or G29 they would have sold a lot of wheels.

But the T300 technology brought a whole new level in terms of feeling/quality... Nothing new by saying the G27 really feels like a cheap toy in comparison...
Question about the G29 is : is it gonna be compatible with PC?

Convexrook
01-06-2015, 01:11
I can see a box

http://www.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Ghost-Games-01.jpg

why do companies have so much secrecy over thier new products. Some get it before others. I call public beta testers for hardware, not just software. what do you think?