PDA

View Full Version : Post Processing filters

Saloei
22-05-2015, 10:24
The Options>Visuals>Post Processing Filter setting tells me post processing will be filtered OUT or IN? I've tried it and can see a slight variation in the humidity at a distance when I have it to OFF. Or could it be I'm seeing this humidity because I'm not on the exact place when I took the previous screenshot? Can someone tell me what effects this filter enables or disables?

sVig
22-05-2015, 10:29
With it ticked, the post processing filter will be ON. Meaning whatever it's doing, which isn't necessarily filtering something out OR in, will happening when it's ticked.

flymar
22-05-2015, 10:30
I just noticed bit more saturation and contrast while I was testing that option.

Bealdor
22-05-2015, 10:30
Setting it to ON does only have an effect if you actively switch between the different available filters via hotkey.

Just setting it to ON doesn't have any influence on the image.

flymar
22-05-2015, 10:32
Setting it to ON does only have an effect if you actively switch between the different available filters via hotkey.,,,but I don;t think it's available right now (?).

Bealdor
22-05-2015, 10:34
,,,but I don;t think it's available right now (?).

Set it to ON and hit "P" on your keyboard.

sVig
22-05-2015, 10:35
What filters do you get access to in the PC version when you hit P?

Bealdor
22-05-2015, 10:44
What filters do you get access to in the PC version when you hit P?

Alot of different "artistic" filters. Some are quite subtle but some are looking like an LSD trip. :cool:

Saloei
22-05-2015, 10:47
This has nothing to do with image quality as a setting. This only has an effect on the filters you can turn on and off while in gameplay with the use of my keyboard. Got it!

sVig
22-05-2015, 10:52
Alot of different "artistic" filters. Some are quite subtle but some are looking like an LSD trip. :cool:

Ah I see. So what differences is it making on the console version? We have the option to turn post processing filters on or off but no filter options. Unless lens flare, raindrops, dirt on the screen etc count as filters? But even then they still work when they're ticked on and the post processing filters is unticked to off.

Bealdor
22-05-2015, 10:52
This has nothing to do with image quality as a setting. This only has an effect on the filters you can turn on and off while in gameplay with the use of my keyboard. Got it!

Exactly.

Arkymedes
22-05-2015, 11:32
Curiously, hitting P pauses the game for me.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Bealdor
22-05-2015, 11:35
Curiously, hitting P pauses the game for me.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Sorry, my mistake. It's actually Ctrl-P. And Ctrl-Shift-P deactivates the filter again.

Alfred
24-05-2015, 20:15
Hi Post Processing Filter worked on pc ?
I have testet but not worked !!!

mister dog
24-05-2015, 20:23
@Bealdor is there a summary somewhere of all the available extras through the keyboard like these hotkeys?
I wonder if you can also move your seat left or right in the cockpit view for example.

If it's just the ones you can assign in options, then i shall look no further ;)

anioD
25-05-2015, 08:57
Hi same here the Post Proccessing Filter function don't work.

gp20
25-05-2015, 09:14
Does it work on PS4?

I would like they propose a filter for more realistic colors.

Benja190782
29-05-2015, 17:40
Does this work on Xbox One and PS4 also???

We have the option to turn it ON/OFF on both consoles, but can we actually use it??

gp20
29-05-2015, 18:41
Does it work on PS4?

I would like they propose a filter for more realistic colors.
IMO it's a kind of neutral density filter.

Fanatest
27-06-2015, 20:56
I recently tested the differences in the post processing options, and compared all 3 platforms.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33037-Which-image-do-your-prefer-(Unscientific-for-a-reason)

I'd really like to see more processing options added that allow the user to select which filter they want (ala pc) as there is a genuine unnatural look to ps4 colour pallet vs its counterparts.

Any chance of this in a future feature update?

Narcarsiss
28-06-2015, 01:10
Ctrl+P does nothing for me.

JonZ
28-06-2015, 01:45
ctrl+p was a debug feature. It did not made it to the final game.

I don't know honestly how and why post processing remain an option. It would make sense if it turn off things like colorcube and feature such as bloom and HDR modes but it never did.

Narcarsiss
28-06-2015, 02:04
ctrl+p was a debug feature. It did not made it to the final game.

I don't know honestly how and why post processing remain an option. It would make sense if it turn off things like colorcube and feature such as bloom and HDR modes but it never did.

Real shame honestly, I loved AC racing i'n the 1970's color gamut!

TheReaper GT
28-06-2015, 02:14
Ah I see. So what differences is it making on the console version? We have the option to turn post processing filters on or off but no filter options. Unless lens flare, raindrops, dirt on the screen etc count as filters? But even then they still work when they're ticked on and the post processing filters is unticked to off.

Just final color rendition.

Fanatest
08-07-2015, 12:47
Just final color rendition.

I'd like to see the ability to choose what setting its applying.
It seems to me that the XBO by default (when post processing is enabled) is using a filter similar to the 21 "desat contrast" filter, which gives the game a very realistic colour pallet.

PS4 isn't doing that, and is using somerhing else (that makes it looks very bold/primary and gamey).

If you go to photo mode on a PS4 and enable 21 desat contrast the image will now looks much close to what the PC/XBO output as default, so hopefully SMS will let us choose what post filter we want applied to the console versions.

This would really be a big deal for many.

Brainbug
03-09-2015, 00:13
is there any chance for allowing to choose from this post-filters while driving / watching replays?

edit:
hm, and why not give the tool to play around with to the masses? :p

Saloei
03-09-2015, 00:18
You can assign these filters to your keyboard through Options menu.

Brainbug
07-09-2015, 15:35
You can assign these filters to your keyboard through Options menu.

sorry, i looked and looked, but canīt find it. can someone provide a screenshot?

(and still i think itīs not possible to use this filters)

lifeofbrian
07-09-2015, 15:54
How do you get motion blur and custom camera angles in screenshot mode?

mister dog
29-10-2015, 14:48
Bump, any word about this? If they do still exist ingame (as the option PP can be turned off/on in 'visuals'), i would like to check them out. So far it seems nobody found how to activate them.

I would like PCARS a bit brighter with less contrast, so far i've been playing around with exposure compensation, but if you set that too high some scenarios are way too bright whilst others seem better.